• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

so now that the cabelas is kind of out of the picture and im sort of on a budget anyone have any other ideas for some bags ive been looking but i cant really find anything that interesting

I don't want to thread jack, but I've got a different option for sale in the Dolfin Backpack in my sig. I'm a fan, but it's set up a lot different than the Cabela's

Wonder if I take the receipt back if they'll give me the difference now that its on sale. Got it for $69.99 here in Omaha.

Wonder if I take the receipt back if they'll give me the difference now that its on sale. Got it for $69.99 here in Omaha.

You could always buy the one offline for $49.00 and then return it with your $69.00 receipt when you get it... Not sure if this is unethical or not :D

Cabela's website shows SOLD-OUT of the original green XPG Angler Pack.

If you still who want one, all I can say is call the closest store and see if they can find one for you. They seem to be able to see which other stores have them, then phone in your order - not sure if they'll honor any of the online shipping promos.

If you still who want one, all I can say is call the closest store and see if they can find one for you. They seem to be able to see which other stores have them, then phone in your order - not sure if they'll honor any of the online shipping promos.

Yep! I called up the Indiana store which had some in stock and they agreed to ship me one to Texas, as long as I paid the $6.00 shipping fee.

You could always buy the one offline for $49.00 and then return it with your $69.00 receipt when you get it... Not sure if this is unethical or not :D

Eithics? what might those be? :D

I know some stores will do that, hell i might as well try, i am looking at Cabela's from my office window (yes, i am being that lazy)

Just paid for mine, $66.43 shipped to my door. I asked nicely for the sales price of $49.99 and they gave it to me.

Big thanks to the OP, I've been wanting to do my own backpack for a year now. Looking forward to this project.

Well after ordering the bag a few weeks ago, I was finally able to sit down and play around with it some and figure out how I would like it.

I have my two main putters in the top exterior pocket.
I have an Opto Pure and Crystal Zone in the top compartment.
I have 18 discs in the bottom compartment.

The only thing I do not like about it is it won't sit straight up. It starts to lean forward and sometimes eventually falls face down. I have not put a frame yet since I was just trying to see how heavy it would be with all of my discs in the bag. Will the frame help keep the bag sitting upright?

This is also probably the lightest feeling bag that I have used in a long time. I could barely notice that I was carrying this many discs. For once, in a long time, I think I will be able to carry my bag without my back hurting after the round.

The only thing I do not like about it is it won't sit straight up. It starts to lean forward and sometimes eventually falls face down. I have not put a frame yet since I was just trying to see how heavy it would be with all of my discs in the bag. Will the frame help keep the bag sitting upright?

Build a PVC frame for the bottom! I carry 18 discs in the bottom and am able to set my bag down on any crazy hill without it falling over. If it is too steep, I just put my bag on its back on the hill....

Sold out because of all of us I bet! :)

Frame for XPG X-treme (the blue bag)

I'm struggling with the frame for the Cabella's X-Treme version. I like the bag, but I could not fit the frame that everyone is using for the green bag. I tried disc dog nation's 11.25 x 7 x 4.5 but I could not get it in the bottom pouch of the bag. The only frame I could fit in is really small and it only holds about 12 or 13, without becoming to tight and difficult to remove and replace discs.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Go Patriots!

^ Check out the video in post #335 of this thread - might help (although he compressed the time for frame assembly). Anyway, I used Lt. Dan's dimensions, and had to install through the top, in two sections, and fit the front to the back inside the bag with some figiteing and struggling, but it wasn't too bad. Toughest part was zipping the flap between upper/lower compartment closed once you have the farme in the bottom. Smaller hands probably help with that.

If you're genuiniely having trouble, PM me, and we can exchange phone #'s maybe I can talk you through what I did. I'm just watching the game - nothing major.

^ Check out the video in post #335 of this thread - might help (although he compressed the time for frame assembly). Anyway, I used Lt. Dan's dimensions, and had to install through the top, in two sections, and fit the front to the back inside the bag with some figiteing and struggling, but it wasn't too bad. Toughest part was zipping the flap between upper/lower compartment closed once you have the farme in the bottom. Smaller hands probably help with that.

If you're genuiniely having trouble, PM me, and we can exchange phone #'s maybe I can talk you through what I did. I'm just watching the game - nothing major.

Thanks Bogey. I might take you up on that but I'm going to give it another try because I forgot about opening the middle flap to accomodate the frame. However, I have the blue bag as in post 331 (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1705766&postcount=331). I watched that same video in 335, but that's for the green bag. I PM'd YGL for his dimensions, but haven't got a reply yet. I did forget about the part of opening the middle flap. I'm going to try one more time with some new dimensions. If I have more trouble I might PM you tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Measure it properly and there shouldn't be an issue.
I just built mine slightly too large and snapped off 1/4 " pieces of pvc until it fit. Took like 15 minutes.

It took a while but I finally got the frame in the bag. I thought I was going to get a hernia trying to do so though.

I used a 1/2" x 10 ft of PVC pipe instead of the 1" that is seems like everyone else is using. When I put it on, I can't feel the frame except for the noticible weight difference. My frame is the same as what most people are using on here.

I will be making more mods to the bag eventually. The velcro straps on the side are large enough for an umbrella but not for a stool. That will be the first thing I will be trying to add on. Also will need to add a larger drink pouch but I can deal with the dry bag that is currently in there now.

I am debating on if I should keep or take off the sunglass pouch.

Latest posts