• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Could this bag look anymore ghetto? I mean look at that putter pocket. lol. Shocking so many people think this is an option from a Grip bag. Save your pennies and buy the real thing. I wouldnt even play if i was forced to use this bag, id be that embarrassed walking around with it.

Come now! Don't you think that Holly's really the most qualified to be the true authority on disc golf fashion?

TimG: How's about hooking her up with a Disc Golf Fashion Authority banner? :p

For those of you that think this bag (original, smaller one) is not a good substitute I respect your opinion but choose to disagree.

It works perfectly for me as a disc golf bag. It provides me with all the storage I need and it has a price point that I think is fair.

The point is to introduce this bad idea to OTHER people right? Not just YOU. For ME it looks god aweful. Im guessing it feels the same. Just looking at the picture, the drink holder looks horrible, the putter is falling out of the pocket and it looks like there is an eye glass holder hanging off the front of it.

that top pocket that the grip bag has is what makes the Grip bag.

Just bc Turds are cheap, doesnt mean people should be lining up to buy them.

srry if this is soooooo offensive.

The point is to introduce this bad idea to OTHER people right? Not just YOU. For ME it looks god aweful. Im guessing it feels the same. Just looking at the picture, the drink holder looks horrible, the putter is falling out of the pocket and it looks like there is an eye glass holder hanging off the front of it.

that top pocket that the grip bag has is what makes the Grip bag.

Just bc Turds are cheap, doesnt mean people should be lining up to buy them.

srry if this is soooooo offensive.

Oh, the Grip snobbery. If it looks "god awful" for you, then why would you go out of your way to come in here and comment on it? If you had something constructive that happened to be negative, then by all means share it. "The frame hurts my back", "the bag wears out quickly on the bottom". But calling something "god awful" based on aesthetics and your opinion based off of a picture is not adding anything of value to the conversation. Have you picked one up or observed one in person?

The putter does not fall out of the pocket and there IS a sunglasses holder on the front. You can take it off if you don't like it, but some people get lots of use out of it. Truth is, the bag actually is rather comfortable. It's got a greater capacity than my Lat64 probag and it's lighter and does not fatigue me as much.

And like many people have stated: Is it as good as a Grip bag? No. Does the grip have more features? Yes. Does it have $150 worth of features compared to this alternative? To me...no. To you... yes. It's a matter of opinion. Some people simply do not have $200 to budget towards a bag that they use once a week. You can have your Grip, I'll take my Cabelas. Nobody here is calling it an equivalent to the Grip, we are calling it a cheaper alternative to the Grip.

Either way there is no need for you to come into this thread and bash the bag and offend the people who use it. It makes you look like an arrogant a*shat.

Oh, the Grip snobbery. If it looks "god awful" for you, then why would you go out of your way to come in here and comment on it? If you had something constructive that happened to be negative, then by all means share it. "The frame hurts my back", "the bag wears out quickly on the bottom". But calling something "god awful" based on aesthetics and your opinion based off of a picture is not adding anything of value to the conversation. Have you picked one up or observed one in person?

The putter does not fall out of the pocket and there IS a sunglasses holder on the front. You can take it off if you don't like it, but some people get lots of use out of it. Truth is, the bag actually is rather comfortable. It's got a greater capacity than my Lat64 probag and it's lighter and does not fatigue me as much.

And like many people have stated: Is it as good as a Grip bag? No. Does the grip have more features? Yes. Does it have $150 worth of features compared to this alternative? To me...no. To you... yes. It's a matter of opinion. Some people simply do not have $200 to budget towards a bag that they use once a week. You can have your Grip, I'll take my Cabelas. Nobody here is calling it an equivalent to the Grip, we are calling it a cheaper alternative to the Grip.

Either way there is no need for you to come into this thread and bash the bag and offend the people who use it. It makes you look like an arrogant a*shat.

Oh i get it, so only people that like it, can post about it? lol please. If its posted on a public forum people are free to criticize it, especially when so many people love this ugly thing. its shocking.

Perhaps we oughta let it be before this turns into a flame war and the thread gets locked. I was just having fun in my last post.

He's got his and we got ours and that's just the way it is. I spose he won't wanna play a round with us cause of our hideous bags, and that's fine. I already figured if I ever make it out that way, Solomon.Trenton's the person I'd wanna hook up with for a couple of rounds.

Guys. This isn't your first time on a forum. Stop feeding the troll. You'll derail the thread and it will get closed down for good. More restraint than testosterone would serve everyone well, here.

Guys. This isn't your first time on a forum. Stop feeding the troll. You'll derail the thread and it will get closed down for good. More restraint than testosterone would serve everyone well, here.

why is it being a troll? I gave specific criticisms of the bag. I only posted in the first place bc i kept reading people talk about how its a good option if you dont want to spend the money on a grip bag. I disagree and only from the looks of it and things im reading. Ive never actually tried it. Not sure why you guys getting all upset.

Oh i get it, so only people that like it, can post about it? lol please. If its posted on a public forum people are free to criticize it, especially when so many people love this ugly thing. its shocking.

No, I said that negative opinions are welcome if they are constructive. Something about it's durability in your experience, or a feature you've been unhappy with. But simply stating that it's "ugly" and that the putter falls out of the pocket (when in fact it doesn't) isn't really constructive at all. It's nothing more than trolling.

Should we all go into every equipment thread and talk about everything we don't like about products we haven't used? Let's be constructive.

No, I said that negative opinions are welcome if they are constructive. Something about it's durability in your experience, or a feature you've been unhappy with. But simply stating that it's "ugly" and that the putter falls out of the pocket (when in fact it doesn't) isn't really constructive at all. It's nothing more than trolling.

Should we all go into every equipment thread and talk about everything we don't like about products we haven't used? Let's be constructive.

No top pocket (which is key to the grip bag and what makes it great, makes it so you dont bend over all the time), terrible looking putter pocket, drink holder and eye glass thing. Overall it looks terrible srry. It doesnt look sleek, rather it looks like someones hair when they wake up in the morning. Plenty of opinions can be made from a picture and reading what the bag has and what it doesnt.

not saying it isnt functional. I mean its an upgrade from a trash bag, but saying its a viable option from a Grip bag . yawn.

Last edited:
He's waiting for a response. Let it die. Those of us who like them, like them and we know why. That's all. It's a my bag is better than your bag syndrome. oh well. I'm happy with mine, seems most folks here are too, so good for us. Yay, now get off the computer and get out there and rip! Everyone!

Got mine today and am pretty damn happy with it. I had put back the money to buy a Grip bag and just decided to pull the trigger on this one to save a few bucks.

Frame is built and ready to go in.

Also?

tumblr_m99kk3b6CK1r5nu7qo1_500.gif

No top pocket (which is key to the grip bag and what makes it great, makes it so you dont bend over all the time), terrible looking putter pocket, drink holder and eye glass thing. Overall it looks terrible srry. It doesn't look sleek, rather it looks like someones hair when they wake up in the morning. Plenty of opinions can be made from a picture and reading what the bag has and what it doesnt.

not saying it isnt functional. I mean its an upgrade from a trash bag, but saying its a viable option from a Grip bag . yawn.

It's a fishing tackle bag, converted to hold discs. As a fisherman, I can use the four tackle boxes provided without removing my pvc frame, that's a huge plus.

Plus, being 6'4, the Grip doesn't hold near as much as I desire (extra towels, hoodie, food, snacks, drinks etc). It is a no brainer to me, considering it's dual purpose for me, and I see zero need to spend hundreds on dollars on a bag when I'm not anywhere around 1,000 rated. I'd rather spend that extra money on other things, and it's very comfortable to boot. If you don't like that looks that's fine, looks are a person-to-person quality trait.

I see zero need to spend hundreds on dollars on a bag when I'm not anywhere around 1,000 rated. I'd rather spend that extra money on other things, and it's very comfortable to boot. If you don't like that looks that's fine, looks are a person-to-person quality trait.

Agreed. I think this bag is an amazing value. If you go on Discaroo's "Gear" section tonight, you'll see a USED Revolution Backpack for $180.00. It's basically the same bag that's modded here.

Is it EXACTLY the same? No. The Revo bag is geared exclusively for disc golf.

Is it pretty damn close? Yes. The layout of the discs are in the same spot, as well as the storage. Plus, the modded bag actually looks a little more comfortable to wear.

Lastly, the USED Revo bag is also $130 more than the Cabela's bag. $115 more if you add the frame to the Cabela's bag.

I'm Michael J. Fox, and that's one to grow on.

Agreed. I think this bag is an amazing value. If you go on Discaroo's "Gear" section tonight, you'll see a USED Revolution Backpack for $180.00. It's basically the same bag that's modded here.

Upon further investigation, it looks like that bag on Discaroo is actually a used (ripped) Grip bag for $180.

Still...

Apparently, I'm the thread killer here.

Anyway, here's what mine looked like about an hour after I got it. I've made a few adjustments (towel is in the top compartment now), but basically the same bag.

734708_10200386279521161_1292334347_n.jpg

Latest posts