• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name that Shot

Main
backhand,
forehand or sidearm or flick,

End to the left (or hyzer release*)
hyzer,
spike hyzer,
flattened hyzer,
chip shot,
*hyzer flip,

End to the right (or anhyzer release*)
anhyzers,
sky anhyzer,
turnover (early or late turn),
*flex shot,

Rollers
backhand roller,
forehand roller,
Sky roller,
Turnover roller,
cut roller,
thumber roller,

Overhands
tomahawks,
thumbers,
hammer shots,
pancakes or pan shot,

Putts
push putt,
lob putt,
spin putt,
pop putt (see Cam Todd)
Straddle Putt,
turbo putt,
Forehand/flick putt,
hyzer/anhyzer putt,
lobs,
stall/elevator shot,
jump putt,
walking putt

Misc.
skip shot,
Chicken wing,
grenade,
scoober/scoobie,
sneaky portuguese hyzer (lol?),
n00b hyzer or skyzer,

I've got:

The worm burner

The dirt dart

The wood magnet

The water seeking missile

The windshield anhyzer

The OWWW! MY ARM!

I know over 30 ways to throw a disc (including right hand, left hand, right foot, left foot). Most grips can be thrown forward or backward, upside down, or right side up. I find that in disc golf you only need two: one with clockwise spin and one with counterclockwise spin.
Here's some more:
Knucklebee (putt or rescue),
Floater (minimal spin lob)
1 finger spin (show off putt),
Two hand pizza toss (no spin putt),
The Finger, similar to backhand but using middle finger on rim, thumb underneath and index finger on top. This is one of the most useful unusual grips because it is good for above the head throws from trouble.
Still working on the freestyle technique of slapping your hands together at release to add speed and spin.

Last edited:
Mulligan.

Lousy shot.

I wanna take that shot again.

That one has no shot.

I'm shot. I'll be in the car.

I know over 30 ways to throw a disc (including right hand, left hand, right foot, left foot). Most grips can be thrown forward or backward, upside down, or right side up. I find that in disc golf you only need two: one with clockwise spin and one with counterclockwise spin.
Here's some more:
Knucklebee (putt or rescue),
Floater (minimal spin lob)
1 finger spin (show off putt),
Two hand pizza toss (no spin putt),
The Finger, similar to backhand but using middle finger on rim, thumb underneath and index finger on top. This is one of the most useful unusual grips because it is good for above the head throws from trouble.
Still working on the freestyle technique of slapping your hands together at release to add speed and spin.

I generally agree but it's also helpful to have some sort of overhead (tomahawk, thumber, turbo, etc) for those rare lies in the rough where you have no room for any of the 'normal' shots.

I didnt look up or read all that crap, but isnt a scoobie when you throw the disc on its lid to slide under objects, or get a weird skip to help your lie?

Interesting, never seen that before.

So there's two scoober shots evidently...well that'll just add to the confusion.

Interesting, never seen that before.

So there's two scoober shots evidently...well that'll just add to the confusion.

Now looka here son, if you ask any disc golf world champ what a scoober is, they will tell you its a roller. The only confusion comes from Ultimate players which is a different sport.

8:50 Dave Greenwell's scoober shot:

Typical disc golf arrogance, disregarding that our sport came from freestyle and that without freestyle we would be nothing... So if we start calling softball bunts "scrappies" is it acceptable just because its a different sport? I think baseball purists may cry foul.

Latest posts