• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Name the hardest and easiest course you have played

Let's see - I only really have Oregon as a reference to places I have played at.

Easiest: Rockwood Park in Gresham, OR.

- The holes here are very beginner friendly and none of the shots go over 300 feet besides one that's only 325 feet. It's a good place to get your feet wet in the sport and a great place to get the basics down and move onto bigger courses that are not only longer, but much more technical.

Hardest: It's a tie between Timber Park in Estacada, OR & Rooster Rock State Park (East Side) in Corbett, OR.

- Timber Park is just a monster of a disc golf course at 21 holes and it is just a nightmare with trees and OBs almost always on your left and right side - finding a lost disc here is near impossible sometimes. Not to mention that these shots are all pretty much 400+ foot shots and one hole is about close to 800 feet. Definitely not for beginners and I had a decently hard time trying to keep up with my friends who could make most shots under par.

- Rooster Rock State Park (East Side) is not only another hard course I have been to, but my least favorite. It starts off nice in an open space, but after the first shot it is just trees, cliffs, bushes and anything else that can help you miss shots and lose a lot of discs - most of the time I just gave up even looking for discs once they went off the cliff side. Anytime I go to this park with I stay away from the East side of the course and just play the West side - a lot easier to navigate even with trees and bushes in the area.

I have tried Blue Lake as well, but that's neither the easiest of hardest course I have played.

I'll go with Orange Crush in Fairmont, WV. The length combined with the relentless trees and elevation make this one very difficult.
I'd forgotten about Orange Crush. :doh:

Relentless is the right word for both the trees and terrain. Playing longs to longs there would be tough indeed. In those woods, more distance means more opportunities for bad kicks... which is where the elevation comes into play. ;)

Great call Jim!

Garðalundur, Akranes, Iceland (19) and Harmony Bends Disc Golf at Strawn Park (93).

Hmmmmm

I'd forgotten about Orange Crush.

Funny how certain courses that should be hard sometimes fall right into my game. I've played Orange Crush many times and even though I suck, I have done decently on it - even got two deuces in one round. Also Iron Hill I know should be hard but again, it suited my game well. Not saying I slaughtered the courses but I did okay. The ones that kicked my butt: Nockamixon and No(rth) Boundary. I've had some really bad rounds at French Creek. The Woodshed/Whipping Post have some holes that are torture but then others that are just wide open. The easiest one I ever played was Chester City Park in WV - basically a chip and putt where every hole should be par 2. I'm not including anything with less than 9 holes.

Haven't been to Lake Marshall yet but I expect that to be my new hardest when I do.

66133167_10157374088014913_6720581889238761472_n.jpg

Sorry that is so big, not the easiest course I have ever played, but shooting 12 down aint that bad :p

Easiest course is hard to say, probably Mike Woods Park in Bossier City. 18 holes clock in at 3272ft.

Easy for hardest course, ZBoaz in Fort Worth in the championship layout tears me up every time. I just can not shoot good on that course.

Easiest could be any number of small pitch-and-putts I've encountered. Nearby Calvary church course in Plainwell is an example.

Hardest...In modern times, Bertha Brock in Ionia is pretty tough. When I was starting out, Oxbow in Goshen, IN was my hometown original first course in 1989, and that first layout was brutal, especially considering I showed up as a 16 year old with a regular Frisbee and shot over 120 for the 18 holes. Thin fairways with multiple doglegs lined with thorns, poison ivy, mosquitoes galore, and a couple of lengthy woods holes running parallel to a river. There were often times you could see your Disc but not be able to retrieve it due to too many nasty thorns. They redesigned it and made it way easier for the upcoming '96 worlds.

Easiest: Spassland Park, 9 holes, Germantown WI

After the first hole there might be 5 trees in play...

Hardest: I will go Bear at Highbridge

Gotta stay in the fairway!

Under course under 2500 ft with par 63?

Is there a monster wall with a 12" x 2" slot your disc has to squeeze through, in the middle of each fairway? :confused:

Under course under 2500 ft with par 63?

Is there a monster wall with a 12" x 2" slot your disc has to squeeze through, in the middle of each fairway? :confused:

It is a kid's course.

The Par 2's are tough birdies, however, especially the 85 footer.

As others have said, Idlewild will exhaust you physically and mentally. Beautiful course, but just takes my lunch money every time.
Easiest course I enjoyed was Winton Woods, it's such a classic. Easiest that was boring may be Liberty Park in Batesville, IN. 9 holes of pitch and putt in a crowded park with some holes barely topping out at 100'. Thankfully, they're building a new wooded 9 holes there now.

I've played a lot of difficult courses and could make the case for any one of a handful being the most difficult, but if I had to pick it would probably be Whippin' Post. It's been close to 7 years since I played it so my memory is foggy, but my recollection is that it is comically challenging basically from start to finish.

Honorable mentions include Idlewild and Sugaree.

As for easiest, Fremont School DGC in Illinois is a literal elementary school course so that feels like cheating, but it is by far the easiest course I've played.

Without thinking about it too much, I don't think my hardest has changed in quite a few years. Probably still a toss up between Idlewild and West Lake Park in the Quad Cities. I've played some tough courses since, but those two just beat the pants off of me.

Easiest is tougher. I've played a few very short courses that were aimed at beginners. I'll go with Nims in Rock Falls, IL.

Nice necrobump.

Deep Creek Elementary in Chesapeake, VA. Holes from 70'-160', again averaging 125'. Mostly open with some trees and stuff to bend shots around a little.

I'll give a second vote to Deep Creek Elementary as the easiest. I played it less than 3 months experience with 6 birdies and I think I still only owned 2 drivers at the time. I should go back with two putters and see if I can pick up my first Ace, and keep playing until it happens, ha.

Hardest Waller Mill Williamsburg Virginia long to longs. Ravine type course with 6 holes wrapped around a lake. 14 of 18 baskets rollers with some death putts in to the lake. I've lost two putters and a some mids on approaches. Paul McBeth has played two tournaments there, the last one this past November and just shot 5 under. I love the course for its difficulty!!