• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nate Sexton boycotting DGPT?

I am probably going to boycott the DGPT... until the memorial rolls around... By then i imagine i will be jonesing for some DG regardless of its source then i will watch during the early season, if the coverage isnt any good i will watch them fourth in priority after Jomez, ccdg, and psp, unless of course psp is the inhouse production crew of dgpt.

Exactly. Who knows what kind of contract and commitment length Steve Dodge had the various tournament directors sign up for, but I'm all for TDs telling Steve to piss off and find a loop hole and get their tournament off of the DGPT schedule.

Why? I am guessing the decision to use a different filming crew has zero impact on you. (perhaps I am wrong) DGPT has been great for touring pros, that is irrefutable. The tour has arguably grown the sport and provided more opportunities for the very crew he did not sign. Losing DGPT would be bad for disc golf. I cannot imagine why anyone, outside of the few directly impacted would wish for failure. As it stands we will all have more disc golf to watch.

Exactly. Who knows what kind of contract and commitment length Steve Dodge had the various tournament directors sign up for, but I'm all for TDs telling Steve to piss off and find a loop hole and get their tournament off of the DGPT schedule.

That's not going to happen. The TDs have a good relationship with DGPT and have been supportive. One of the main reasons they went in house with the media was to protect the title and supporting sponsors which the TDs work hard to obtain.

Also, there are 6 test events scheduled for next year. So there is obviously a demand from TDs wanting their events to become part of the tour.

i don't understand why the assumption is that the DGPT broadcasts will likely be subpar.

disc golfers aren't the only demographic creating video content for youtube. cameramen, video editors, and all kinds of other people involved are going to have a lot of experience in their field. even if they've never seen a DG video before, they could watch a Jomez video and get a really quick sense of where the product is right now. i think it's nonsense and an insult to the craft of the people Dodge is gathering together to assume they'll put out a poor product.

the only exception is the camera crew... they need DG experience to know where to be, what angles look better, and to be able to keep up with what is happening on the course.

as far as commentary, they have made no announcements yet, right? i like BigSexy but i don't think they are that much better than a number of other commentators. i like Uli, Doss, Risley, Simon, sometimes BW. further, so long as they are not awful on the mic, i like to have any player that was on that card talking about the experience of the round and giving some insight and context to what i'm watching. i'll take that any day over BigSexy every single time. and for that matter, BigSexy isn't commentating on every single Jomez video anyway so how can you hold another channel to a standard that Jomez doesn't even reach.

There are other excellent commentators out there besides BigSexy. I can't remember if it was a Ccdg or Jomez production but I was really impressed by Matt Dollar and his color commentary from the tourney he did last season. I'm sure someone on here remembers which event it was. He was thoughtful, smooth and informative in his coverage. BigSexy is a great team but I am willing to give some other guys a shot on the upcoming DGPT coverage especially if they get a few guys like Dollar.

Matt Dollar was putting out his own videos, and I liked his commentary on those. Haven't seen much from him, video-wise, lately, though.

That's not going to happen. The TDs have a good relationship with DGPT and have been supportive. One of the main reasons they went in house with the media was to protect the title and supporting sponsors which the TDs work hard to obtain.

Also, there are 6 test events scheduled for next year. So there is obviously a demand from TDs wanting their events to become part of the tour.

Yeah, just from the limited information I have on the DGPT there is really no downside to being a part of it.

I was curious how much money the Jomez platform enables Nate to make that it drives his tour schedule.
He is pulling over $200 a video from Patreon. With at least 3 rounds and 6 vids an event, he's raking in $1200+ for recording what seems to be one take reaction videos. DG Rich!

My thoughts on the matter:

I will watch the highest quality video with the best commentary 1st, regardless of if it's lead card or 3rd card. Whether it's jomez or ccdg or another company, I don't care. I'm partial to jomez and ccdg just because.

Time permitting, I'd circle back around and watch lesser quality of a lead card.

I prefer content quality over the card being filmed. Obviously, my preference would be to see the highest quality guys filming the lead but that might not always happen.

Last edited:
I was curious how much money the Jomez platform enables Nate to make that it drives his tour schedule.
He is pulling over $200 a video from Patreon. With at least 3 rounds and 6 vids an event, he's raking in $1200+ for recording what seems to be one take reaction videos. DG Rich!

I doubt he's getting $200/per, though that may be how it reads on Patreon. Realize that many people put a cap on the number of videos they'll support per month. So, somebody may be donating $1/video for unlimited videos while somebody else donates $1/video for 1 video.

I read somewhere that one of the pro tour TDs has asked for Jomez, and on Jomez' schedule it says they are doing Waco, so I guess it might be that one. Unless they are filming mpo3/fpo2.

I guess I treat tournament videos a bit differently. To me, they are TV shows. I usually know the results before I watch (unless it's some CCDG vid of a tourney I didn't know about). Production value, commentary and the visual aesthetic of the course are more important than what card is being filmed. I rarely watch live coverage because most comes across as cable access level quality. My TV watching time is limited and I'll watch the good stuff over just any stuff.

Do your thing, don't bother me none.

Here's my thoughts.
1- SmashboxxTV live coverage of the Worlds was the worst. I know it was live, but all the cutaways to Terry Miller and his flat commentary was too much, I couldn't watch it. Not good for one of the premier events of the season :(
2-Nate and Jeremy do a great job.
3-Does anyone else notice how much Jeremy sounds like John Krasinski ? Plus their both big and doofy looking. Is John Krasinski actually Jeremy Koling ? Has anybody ever seen them together ?

I don't care who films it as long as it is live. Even though I have to stay up very late, the quality isn't as good as post-produced stuff and Terry/Dixon/whoever might not be as entertaining as BigSexy, I just don't get the same vibes from replays.

Latest posts