• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Nate Sexton firebird

I saw 120 new ones this morning and picked up two. I fell for the hype... You're welcome, Innova and Nate.

I couldn't help but notice 500 McPro Aviars as well. $15.99 for a putter? Those I was willing to pass on, but gone they are.

i had heard the newer Firebirds were less stable.

i finally got to the place where i needed to buy a new DX.

it is a great disc, straight, long & smooth, just like a nice Thunderbird.

unfortunately not at all the strong fade i had come to expect from a firebird.

i guess i will just use it in the Thunderbird slot

ignore that last post.

with a clearer mind this morning, i realize that i posted about a regular DX Firebird on the Sexton Firebird thread.

wrong place, and way too late to edit.

sorry about that.

I'm trying to catch up to this Sexton FB craze. I threw a friend's today and oooOOOo boy was it sexy. I really like my Felons but I'm just curious what the difference is between all the runs.

Does anyone have photos showing which run is which? I'd appreciate it. I ran through most of the posts in this thread but I wasn't able to piece it all together.

I have 4 2015s in a box.. thinking about throwing one in the bag to compete with my felon.

I'd just keep them in the box �� great disc, no doubt, but after seeing the prices they go for nowadays I wouldn't throw them. That's just me though!

I'd just keep them in the box �� great disc, no doubt, but after seeing the prices they go for nowadays I wouldn't throw them. That's just me though!

Agreed. Someone would probably be willing to pay 100 Euros/dollars for it.

I'm trying to catch up to this Sexton FB craze. I threw a friend's today and oooOOOo boy was it sexy. I really like my Felons but I'm just curious what the difference is between all the runs.

Does anyone have photos showing which run is which? I'd appreciate it. I ran through most of the posts in this thread but I wasn't able to piece it all together.

Pretty sure this is the order of release based on the stamps. :thmbup:

Have a 2016 in my Glow bag and a 2015 stashed away in the collection.

Attachments

• Sextons.jpg
    Sextons.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 62
I'm assuming that the 2018 Alex Geisinger (sp?) Color Glow Firebirds are the same as the 2018 Sexybirds. Does anyone know for sure? They are the only CG Firebirds I could find in pink. I have 3 of each year of Sexton Birds, but the burple doesn't really fit in with the rest of my all pink discs. Shame, really, because Nate is my favorite player and I would rather have the mojo from his signature.

I'm assuming that the 2018 Alex Geisinger (sp?) Color Glow Firebirds are the same as the 2018 Sexybirds. Does anyone know for sure? They are the only CG Firebirds I could find in pink. I have 3 of each year of Sexton Birds, but the burple doesn't really fit in with the rest of my all pink discs. Shame, really, because Nate is my favorite player and I would rather have the mojo from his signature.

I believe Geisinger has stated they are different, a little more stable. I have a '17 Geisinger and have thrown a '17 Sexton and can say the Sexton was less stable. Comparing the '17 Geisinger to an '18 Sexton, the Geisinger is more stable.

I believe Geisinger has stated they are different, a little more stable. I have a '17 Geisinger and have thrown a '17 Sexton and can say the Sexton was less stable. Comparing the '17 Geisinger to an '18 Sexton, the Geisinger is more stable.

Alright. Good to know, thank you. I'll keep my eyes out for a pink Sexybird.

I threw a '18 Sexton Firebird recently. Less stable than I was expecting. I daresay it even had just the tiniest hint of high speed turn. No danger of it flipping over, but the disc would definitely hold a straight, flat line for a while. That's something I'm not used to in a Firebird.

I'd say this was the least stable (and longest) Firebird I've thrown. It didn't have that horribly overstable, glideless flight. For me it flew exactly like a slower XCal. Good, flat glide followed by a pretty heavy fade.

The champion Firebird I threw prior to this was WAAAAYYY more overstable and had zero glide.

Maybe there's a color difference? I have the greener color, but maybe the purples fly differently. Who knows...

I don't have any complaints about my 2018 Sextons, but they're not getting me excited about anything. The plastic feels great, though my favorite plastic (especially for Firebirds) will always be clear, hard champion. In fact, I do think my 175 champ Thunderbird has similar HSS, but it also has more glide and less dump than the 2018 Sexton. To me, the Sexton fits in a strange place between 175 champ 12x stock Firebird and 175g champ ThB. The main advantage is how pretty it is...

I will just say that I wouldn't trust the '18 Sexton Firebird in a really strong headwind. Even in calm conditions I was standing it up flat when thrown hard. I think it would turn too much in a headwind. The Firebird I threw prior was a standard 12X with dome and hard, clear plastic. It was a glideless meathook. No headwind would even come close to turning it over.