• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NE, MO, KS, OK, TX, AR - Nov 15-24

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
A father - son Disc Golf road trip!

Would love to: meet up with some locals, swap some travel tags, get a doubles round in here or there, get on a sick private course, get in the know on local camping secrets, course suggestions, food and evening activity suggestions, just two of the most addicted guys to the sport you'll ever meet looking for some good quality disc golf adventures.

Vague Schedule. Times, places, and events subject to change.

Thurs: Leave MN for Omaha, spend the night with friends.
Fri: Play a round or two in Omaha then head to Paradise Point to camp
Sat: Wake up and play a round or two, then head into KC for a course or two
Sun: A course or two in KC and towards Emporia
Mon: To the Lodge
Tues: South through OK to Selah (it's possible we could swing into DFW for a few courses, time will tell)
Wed: To Little Rock
Thurs: To HCR via Russelville
Fri: Treehouz and ?
Sat: Mid MO in a Northerly Direction

See you on the road!

Last edited:
If you're up for a Thanksgiving Day round in Russellville, hit me up. We have two great courses, but if you need to save time in order to get to HCR, do it, that course is great. I would try to find a guide though, it can be a little confusing.

I definitely want to play Old Post, I'll let you know when we'll be there, if time we'll hit Pleasant View (I've played there once before). And both of us have played HCR before, I've played over 1000 courses since the last time I played it, I kind of want to check it out again :D.

edit: You could add Eisenhower State Park to your list, it is in between Emporia/KC. maybe the Pomona courses, Jones Gold...

Could stop for lunch and a round in OKC.

We got a few courses not far from I-35. Courses in Edmond, OKC, Moore, and Norman.

edit: You could add Eisenhower State Park to your list, it is in between Emporia/KC. maybe the Pomona courses, Jones Gold...

Eisenhower could be a good place to camp, and maybe a glow round, after a day in KC.

Moberly has been on my radar for a while, definitely a possibility.

And OKC might happen.

I'll let y'all know.

Martin, you should definitely stop at Noble DGC on your way down Tuesday. You'll drive right past my home course (Pauls Valley Flightline), but it's not worth your time if you're hurrying. Noble will compete with the Lodge for Oklahoma's best course IMO. I have played both Lodge courses and they're a blast.
Hope you have a good time!

Last edited:
The Blue course at Burns Park in NLR is technically closed right now. Not sure if the baskets have been pulled or not, but Christmas lights are all over the fairways of the holes by the road and the gate is closed to the parking area. The Red course can be gotten to by parking at the pavilion by the visitors' center as you enter the park. The basket for #15 has been stolen, so I have been walking down to start on #16 and ending by the car on #14.

Wednesdays are typically tough for me to play on, but I'll see if I can join ya. I may be able to play in Russellville on Thursday. Not sure exactly what my family has in mind to do, and I don't know how my work schedule will be.

Thanks for the info on Burns, we've both played there before, and my dad had mentioned going back, I guess if we hit little rock at all we'll head to reservoir, but it's not necessarily a destination, we'll for sure hit up old post though, I'll let you know as the time gets closer.

i might be able to drive up to horseshoe on that thursday, another suggestion if your coming down I-40 east towards little rock there is a court in Alma, AR that is very good. HCR is the best golf in arkansas IMO

If you're up for a Thanksgiving Day round in Russellville, hit me up. We have two great courses, but if you need to save time in order to get to HCR, do it, that course is great. I would try to find a guide though, it can be a little confusing.

you live near old post/ pleasant view?

Hitting the road sometime tomorrow morning, thinking of hitting a couple in IA tomorrow, Gateway Hills in Ames and Sunnyside in Atlantic before heading into Omaha for maybe a glow round at seymour.

Played Eisenhower again the other day for one last round before harsh weather comes in. Love that course. It's worth the off season parking fee of $3.70 Few words of advice though if you decide to go there. There are multiple plant species out there in the fairways this time of year that latch on to clothing/socks and become a pain. Jeans are best with cotton socks and leather shoes. It's also very gusty out there 95% of days. Bring bright discs and watch them land if you miss the fairways. The native grass areas that aren't mowed get high. Always people to play with if you come to Emporia. PM me if you need a local who has hit every tree in town.

Latest posts