• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NE, MO, KS, OK, TX, AR - Nov 15-24

Beautiful day at Selah. Tomorrow we'll hit Texarkana, Arkadelphia, and Hot Springs before heading into the mountains for thanksgiving. Friday we'll hit Russelville and head towards HCR for the night.

Cheers! Thanks for coming out, couple gems of courses you've got there. If you could just turn the wind down a couple notches.

It was some great golf today. We got the wind turned down a bit at HCR, but then the temp fell. I was hoping to see Forest, but it was great to play with y'all today. Have fun on your way back north.

Man, HCR! What a course! Just curious though, how long was you round? Is anything marked out there yet?

The first round took about 3 hrs with 3 of us, 2 of us had played it before, but our memory was fuzzy in some spots - this was the first course I played, I remembered a select few things, my dad was out there a year ago in a thunderstorm. The light faded, we played into the dark for the last few holes, the campground was packed so 15 and 16 weren't really playable, we didn't find the tee for 16 until this morning hidden between some tents, we skipped 15 and played an alternate 16. This morning we played another round through, took us 2hr 10min for two of us. Very fun course, the front 9 is great, the back 9 is relatively meh. Definitely worth the play and I was glad to get back after over 3 years and 1040 courses.

Oh, and no it wasn't marked well - new tee posts with just a number on the were helpful though for finding the tees, they weren't there the last time either of us had played.

Do you know what time? I'm working tomorrow, but there's probably somebody that'll be down for a round.

We'll try to be there by 1pm give or take an hour, then get both courses in before dark. What's the camping situation like out there, cost? busy? How about the glow round possibility?

Ok. I can probably get in on the second round. I think camping is $5 or $10. Talk to one of the park rangers driving around. We don't have the stuff to do a glow round, but if you want to set it up, go for it.

We're always equipped for a glow round anywhere any time, we even have lights for sale if anybody else is down for a round.

they charge 8 bucks a tent. the tent area is on hole 10 or 11 of the woods course. There is a table and a fire ring and you should have it all to yourselves. You should enjoy these 2 courses.

We'll be to the lakes course about 12:15, the play the Woods after that. Then we'll decide if we're camping there or moving on.

Last edited:

Latest posts