• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NE, MO, KS, OK, TX, AR - Nov 15-24

The Lodge treated us well today. We'll hit the norman courses tomorrow, and it looks like we'll have a few extra days on the road, we'll give DFW some attention before selah

Y'all will enjoy Selah, no doubt about it. I got my schedule for the week and I work Wednesday night/Thursday morning so I should be free to go to Russellville and maybe HCR on Thursday. With a few of us here, maybe we could get a dubs round going somewhere up there? You haven't played Old Post, so I would think you would want to play it single, but maybe Pleasant view? Just something I thought about since you mentioned doubles in the OP.

When are you guys hitting the Norman courses, and which were you wanting to play? I live within .5 miles of both Lions and Griffin; both are great courses depending on what you're looking for. Lions is the oldest course in Oklahoma, and was designed by Steady Ed. Griffin is a newer course with tough golds, and even more crazy technical reds (both of which are great, but I prefer the reds as they're just really challenging shots).

Then, just 8 miles south is Noble. Easily the most difficult course in Oklahoma, IMO, but it's a blast.

I'll make the trip to Norman and meet you as well. I'll need about a 45 minute lead time though as I'm in OKC.

Rough Schedule:

Tye F Cunningham - 10am
Griffin - 1pm
Noble - 3pm

How's that look? is Cunningham worth playing over Lions? or should we just focus on the Norman courses? Looking forward to seeing you all out there.

Jon, not sure our schedule yet for Russelville/HCR, possibly sometime on Thurs, maybe not until Fri.

Since I haven't played too many, I can't give a real judgement. But I do like Tye F. Cunningham. Holes 1,2, and 18 are a little messed up right now because of construction (I haven't been there in a few months so I don't know what has changed lately.) I think it would be worth your time. I'll meet you there if you want to play it.

Meet you there about 10? We'll be there in a white minivan, I'm the bearded hairy guy, my dad is the one walking around, looks like he's lost.

I'll be there at 10. Green Chevy truck, bald guy with glasses.

Your schedule looks legit. I think you'll be happy with your choices! Lions is a really cool course as well, especially from a history perspective, but the others you chose are certainly great courses. I think you'll really enjoy both Griffin and Noble, and Mitch Park (T.F. Cunningham), can be a gnarly course when you miss your line.

If you were from around here, it would strike you really odd that this happened at Lions. It's just not a shady place, whatsoever. Had it happened at Colonial here in Norman, I wouldn't have been as surprised. However, Lions? It just seems highly unlikely.

I don't think that guy will be showing his face around much anymore. I don't know. He might just be that stupid...

Had a good time in OKC area, thanks guys! Very enjoyable rounds at some very nice challenging courses.

Going to hit the northern edge of DFW tomorrow, thinking Lake Lewisville - Bill Allen - Towne Lake stretch before heading towards Selah for Wednesday.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
We couldn't have had any better weather. Glad you enjoyed your visit. It was very enjoyable meeting up with you both and wake rider. Looking forward to next time. I'll make it a point to get up to your area.

-D

Hey guys, I enjoyed the meet up today at Griffin. I'm glad you got a little taste of what Norman has to offer, and liked what you played! Martin, I'm going to attempt to channel some of your choice putting you had going on today into my future rounds, maybe your skills rubbed off...

How did Noble treat you?

Btw, when I got home my wife said, "that was quick, I thought you were going to go play Noble, too." Arg. I made the assumption she needed me home after Griffin. Would have enjoyed joining you guys to knock some bark off trees with my errant discs.

Had a good time in OKC area, thanks guys! Very enjoyable rounds at some very nice challenging courses.

Going to hit the northern edge of DFW tomorrow, thinking Lake Lewisville - Bill Allen - Towne Lake stretch before heading towards Selah for Wednesday.

Thoughts?

On the way to Selah is the John Houck designed course at Harry Myers park in Rockwall. Your list otherwise is a pretty good one.

Martin, If you are coming down 75 hit munson it is right off of 69. not far from 75. also harry myers is great. my home course as well.

Latest posts