• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NE, MO, KS, OK, TX, AR - Nov 15-24

If you continue up 63 to Kirksville, let me know and I'll play hooky and join you.

I'll have to catch you next time through.

We're going to hit one more course, Edmundson, Oskaloosa, IA, then back to the home course of Oak Island this evening for a glow round under the full moon.

34 courses 13 days

attachment.php

Attachments

• ThanksgivingRTMap.jpg
    ThanksgivingRTMap.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 68
I've never done a trip like this, where I specifically focused on the 3.5+ rated courses, revisited some of my favorites, and added plenty of new favorites. A great loop, filled with some of the best disc golf courses I've ever played.

I always thought Ames (Gateway Hills) was a fun little course. Surprising elevation (#1,#6,#10#16,#18) for the middle of Iowa.

Did you play the ISU (Stable Run) course on this loop too? Also a fun little course.

Neither will win All World, but good fits for a college town.

Martin,
Wish I could go on the road and play some new courses like your doing. But my Mom isn't doing to good these days so I gotta stay closer to home. But was wondering.... How did you do that map thing of your trip? Very cool. glad your still busking the world and having fun along the way. I love following your travels.

Hey Dan, glad to hear you're doing well, sorry to hear about your mom, my thoughts are with her.

I made the map using the Road Trips function on this site (a premium member perk), [at the top of the page] under courses/route map to create the map and My Dashboard/Road Trips to see the final product. This method only allows for 23 destination, to get all 35 courses on the map I had to crop and paste two road trips together (I just used paint, you can see where I accidentally cropped off part of the baskets in KC).

Thanks for the kind words for my Mom, Martin. I've wrote down your method and will try to do the same in the future. Maybe Tim G. could expand the total for us cross country course baggers ;) Because I've had several trips that I've played over 23 new courses (as I'm sure you've done several times too) and now I want to do what you did with the map because it's so cool. May the course be with you as always--------- - +

Unfortunately I think the limit on courses in each road trip comes from the google api Tim uses, not anything on his end.

Latest posts