• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Near ace on Hole 5 White Course, Lemon Lake Park Crown Point, IN

Doktor John

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Playing a round with my wife this morning...so close yet so far away :)

THis was a pretty short hole and looked ace-able, so handed my wife the iPhone and let it rip...

Gotta practice that shot with a Super Class disc to get ready for Nationals there in a few weeks Aug 29-30.

Wow, that was close. You did make the putt for two, right? :)

I would quit playing forever if I missed that putt :)

The driver died right at the base, fortunately it didn't bounce and roll (which has happened to me too many times)

Gotta practice that shot with a Super Class disc to get ready for Nationals there in a few weeks Aug 29-30.

I had never heard of a Super Class Disc...so I looked on PDGA...very cool...it makes sense for some of the courses that have been reduced to pitch and putt...the Super Class would make them more of a challenge...

I threw a 151 Star Leopard that is very well worn on that drive

The White course in particular was designed for rec players and for Advanced/Pro level players using Super Class discs. We have several courses around the Twin Cities where our advanced and Pro players using Super Class will match or beat Ams using golf discs. Super Class has brought back a more golf-like experience to many old school and beginner courses so it has par 4s and 5s again.

@ bong, as previously stated, it depends what you want out of your day... I've only played red and blue, and they're both great, my next time out, I def. want to play white... the silver/gold course may be a bit much for me, especially if I'm playing solo, from what I hear it just takes forever....

Nice shot! I love tight little shots like that where if you're accurate you've got the ace run, and if you're not you're stuck in the woods.

Definitly gonna try and play all of them. I think its about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me so hopefully all my friends get to my house early enough!:)

its not that far i live close to woodfield and it took about 1 and 15 to 1 and a half take 294 not 290 its worth it we left my house a 9 30 and was able to play them all

@ bong, as previously stated, it depends what you want out of your day... I've only played red and blue, and they're both great, my next time out, I def. want to play white... the silver/gold course may be a bit much for me, especially if I'm playing solo, from what I hear it just takes forever....

We played the Blue Friday night right after we checked into our hotel and only had time to play the red and white this morning...had to get down to Manteno to see my dad at the Vet's Home...can't wait to try the silver course next time down...of the 3 I played, I liked the red and white the best...

Sqqueeze the lemon!

Lemon lake's basically my backyard. We've put a lot of work into it this year and expect the best for worlds in 2010.
Nice shot..ive done that a couple times on this hole but actually aced it two days in a row with an R-Pro Dart :cool:
Silver/Gold is definitely a voyage..i'd abide to the sign warning players not to start after 4:30 :p
Blue and Red are classics..all depending on the weather..windy days=red..calm=blue.
White's fun for throwin big lids or for just a lazy casual round and chasin aces.
All in all, Lemon Lake ROCS!!!

Lemon lake's basically my backyard. We've put a lot of work into it this year and expect the best for worlds in 2010.
Nice shot..ive done that a couple times on this hole but actually aced it two days in a row with an R-Pro Dart :cool:
Silver/Gold is definitely a voyage..i'd abide to the sign warning players not to start after 4:30 :p
Blue and Red are classics..all depending on the weather..windy days=red..calm=blue.
White's fun for throwin big lids or for just a lazy casual round and chasin aces.
All in all, Lemon Lake ROCS!!!

Concur

Latest posts