• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Need a BH Understable Disc

As a fairly new player throwing fairway drivers about 300' or so, I get nice flex shots from my DGA Undertow in Proline. It has enough LSS to fight out of the anny for a nice S curve as long as my release is clean. If I'm having a bad OAT day I can turn it over though.

Curtis

P.S. The undertow is a LONG fairway driver and will surprise you.

Last edited:
Seems like this is the question of the day, every day... I'll keep saying what I've always said:

150 Champ Leopard!!!

--------------------------------

Off topic, some of those holes at Handyman Ace Hardware are silly, stupid tight. Cut some trees down maybe LOLOL!!!!!! :D :|

As an old guy without a big arm, I'd suggest a couple DX Valkryies around 165-168 if you want distance. Ir's a little like throwing disposable discs, but cycling flippy discs is fun and gives me the best distance.

For a premium alternative, i've been liking a 167 Star Sidewinder a lot lately

But you wanna disc you can get up to speed. I think you can tell if you can't get a disc to it's sweet spot. You're not really giving up any distance to a warp speed driver if you only have a speed 9 or 10 arm, but you do give up consistency.

underworld or diamond. Both really understable and the diamond comes only in lighter weights. Also disc stores do sometimes give really bad advise. One local sop sold someone new a firebird as they told them they needed something for beginners.