• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Need a new midrange disc

tangents wont turn too much if they are thrown with hyzer. the tangent is a very capable mid and if you have one you should take it to the course for a one disc round. work it on some lines and you will see the magic. no wind the tangent can cover tons of shots i never expected it to until i forced myself to see the light

I'm sorry, but this is just absurd. That's like saying Diamonds don't turn too much either...if they are thrown with hyzer.
the tangent is not a turny mid and comparing it to a diamond in this situation is what is absurd. even if it is semantics. if you cannot throw a tangent straight there is issues. same with a comet. and notice I said with a little hyzer not straight up and down like it would take for the diamond.

the tangent is not a turny mid and comparing it to a diamond in this situation is what is absurd. even if it is semantics. if you cannot throw a tangent straight there is issues. same with a comet. and notice I said with a little hyzer not straight up and down like it would take for the diamond.

All pointless because the Mako is better and the Comet even better than that

Edit: Beat Roc is the best however.

Last edited:

Reread your post, glass. There's no "little hyzer". I went absurd with the Diamond reference because, regardless of how much both discs turn, THEY STILL TURN! They still need to be thrown with hyzer, regardless of the angle, to go straight.

The Tangent has some turn. Whoop-de-doo. I'm not denying that it could be a very useful disc. I saw potential from it in the few throws I had with it. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. MVP is still a good manufacturer with some great products, but there are discs that fit the description of what the OP wants. Many people have mentioned that there are great options outside of Innova. The OP never said he was open to other manufacturers. The Tangent is not the disc to recommend here. I'm sorry to pee in your Wheaties.

OP, you should try a Legacy Ghost in Gravity plastic. It turns but will go straight if you throw it with hyzer. Sorry I completely ignored the details of your request.

Reread your post, glass. There's no "little hyzer". I went absurd with the Diamond reference because, regardless of how much both discs turn, THEY STILL TURN! They still need to be thrown with hyzer, regardless of the angle, to go straight.

The Tangent has some turn. Whoop-de-doo. I'm not denying that it could be a very useful disc. I saw potential from it in the few throws I had with it. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. MVP is still a good manufacturer with some great products, but there are discs that fit the description of what the OP wants. Many people have mentioned that there are great options outside of Innova. The OP never said he was open to other manufacturers. The Tangent is not the disc to recommend here. I'm sorry to pee in your Wheaties.

OP, you should try a Legacy Ghost in Gravity plastic. It turns but will go straight if you throw it with hyzer. Sorry I completely ignored the details of your request.
:wall:

Go to your local shop and find a very neutral mid to start with (just pick one), such as a roc, or a buzz, or a core, or a truth, or a pain, or a comet or ..., then throw it for a while. If you find you need more fade, adjust, if you find you need less fade, adjust and fill in your bag as needed.

I can, and will, tell you what mids I have, but if your approach to you mid range game isn't the same as mine they are not worth squat.

Mid-range discs are important and you have to find one that fits you and how you throw. I have spent a ton of time trying to find the right mid for me and right now it appears to be the prodigy PA 1 in 400 plastic (yes I know it is a putter but damn that thing can fly), I also have a buzzz a Roc 3 a light weight Mace (GL) and a Tursas (none of which have had much love lately) all in the bag, because they have a place for me. I know when/if it is time to throw each one if/at all.

If you are really stuck on which one to purchase ask to throw one of your buddies or someone else's on the coursed, just to see.

must try mids

dx roc and or
z buzzz

these should give you a good understanding of what mids are capable of. i dont bag rocs but i keep them in my pratice bag. they are a must try for reelz.

mids are almost like putters in the sense there are a ton of options and not a clear best. its a personal preference and a journey that may take a while.

my mids will never be clearly set. i am okay with that i like the hunt.