• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need help.....please??

haha.gif

FYI: To post youtube videos, take the video id (everything in that URL after the 'v=' ->l0E37KMmEBk ) and wrap it in youtube bbcode tags.

I thought the guy answered his own post for a minute there. Scoopa, scoopy; Im easily confused.

Thanks drick, I don't know what happened when I tried to post the video the first time. I was trying to edit my post when I noticed it didn't embed, but ran out of time. I'm a long time reader, first time poster......rookie, eh?? Anyways, I've seen a bunch of other people post video's of their drives here and for the most part it seemed they got really useful tips and suggestions. I figured I'd try with mine. The majority of my rounds are played by myself. I travel all over the country for work, so to get out of the hotel, I usually go play where and whenever I can. I usually try to avoid peak times, and most parks I play are pretty dead anyways. The course where I'm at now in Lake Jackson TX is not a long course at all. It actually serves my weak arm pretty good. I was consistently throwing 6-8 down when I first got here. After following the DD adventures for a while, I decided this week to play a round with just my putter and no run up. I actually threw a -5 my first round, and was amazed!!! After that I have just been throwing my entire bag at a field behind my hotel using the Beato drill and working on the hammer drills. I also have been using the Iso-throw at night when I'm just bored of being in a hotel. I desparately want to get more D out of my drives. I have friends back home in California who I've turned on to the game, and they kill everytime I play with them now. I know its going to take time and work, and I'm ready to do that!!

When you say you can only get it to 300', that tells me your mainly just using your arm to get it out there. Which is how I started throwing and couldn't get it past 300. It's hard to get motion down but you basically want to be able to have enough speed just from twisting you hips and torso around which in turn pulls your arm around a lot faster than if you were just trying to pull through with muscle. If you have ever played baseball and they taught you how to "squash a bug", where you stick the bat behind your back and wrap your arms around so your arms are useless and just work on your torso pull. Practice makes perfect and keep it up, your form looks pretty good!

If you're really ready to improve:
buy a comet (elite x)
watch discrafts beginner video hosted by Scott papa
place all four pads of fingers on inside wall
line disc straight with forarm tendons
pull disc in straight line while the body moves to accomidate (think as if car was about to clip you and you had go turn to avoid)

Latest posts