• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nets

Form practice is worthless if you can't see the outcome, or worse, harmful. You could be OATing every throw to oblivion and you'd never know it.

MANY ball golf coaches would disagree. I would think it would be good tool for working on alignment and aiming.

Damn, hate we can't edit, I also wanted to say about the golf nets. They come attached to basically a collapsible tent pole. The whole thing folds up and a wraps up pretty small, great for sticking in your car. Sets up in seconds also.

Last edited:
When I very first started, I threw in my batting cage that was set up in my back yard. I figured out after about a month that it wasn't doing anything for me so I stopped.

We took down the batting cage last year, so if anyone wants to come and get it, you can have it :). Its about 65' long

i threw into a mattress once thinking that was a good idea. until it came right back at me just as fast.

nets work fine. ive seen ppl throw into them plenty.

it def isn't worthless to do. I don't know about for "form" practice, but mainly just to keep fresh.

a radar detector seems way over the top and stupid to me hahaha. thats not going to help your game at all.

oh yeah. Another reason I don't use mine much is I have much more fun putting when I can't see my disc fly. Also, I have had a few "hot" putting rounds and it makes your entire game feel more relaxed and enjoyable when your putting is on. There is not as much pressure to get as close to the basket on your drive or upshot when you are hitting putts. It also lets you relax and just drive on longer holes also when you know you have a bigger circle to get to on the 2nd throw..

it's hard to explain but for every 1' you gain in your comfort zone for putting, it is actually like effectively gaining several feet more of forgiveness to land in as that extra 1' is 360 degrees around the basket.

Latest posts