• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Neutral yet stable mid

I use a beat z wasp or a new light one for this shot, wind or not. released flat both will go straight with no fade

I understood that you can pretty much put everything on the Alias without a fear of it flipping, even with moderate winds. Tangent might be a touch too under stable when compared with these two. Just wondering if the Alias would offer a lot more that my Anodes already do when it comes to distance.. Also if the Truth would do the same as the Alias with less effort I might have to give one a go. A lot of tight wooded tunnel courses around where I live and the less power I need on the throw to hit that line the better the outcome accuracy wise ofc.

I think you are searching for a unicorn. If it holds in wind it will fade and not hold straight powered down. Them's the breaks. If I want straight min fade I use a Tangent. For straight always coming back(or atleast holding straight) in moderate wind I grab a Truth.

I'd agree, especially with the first part. Tangent or alias or a disc like the opto pure/anode, that tweener style, would probably be closest. Alias might be the ticket.

Never mind, I have nothing.

Stand corrected. Out of the box I really think your best option is a Z Buzzz, but a disc that truly flies straight like you describe is a beat KC Aviar or Wizard, or a beat Roc.

I have a beat KC Aviar and it's one of the reasons why I use Anodes for drives, they wont get beaten.. It's a really nice disc and have nothing bad to say about it so with such good experiences from the company it's looking like I am going with the Alias. They look amazing too!

Hi!

I am looking for something new to try out for a straight mid range shot that my putters won't cover. I'd like it to be as straight as possible with little fade but still be stable enough in the wind so that I don't need to worry about it starting to turn too much for me or atleast rely on it fading back unless I am really going for an anhyzer. Other qualities I'd appreciate would be durability and getting it to go straight on a relaxed throw for tight tunnel shots. I am currently hyzer flipping my putters(Anode) for tunnel shots.

I have experiences from the Fuse, MD2, Mako, MIDARi,Buzz, Roc, Ibex, Obex and Roc's and even though they are all good discs I would like to try something new. Gotta say I love the way my Fuse flies on such an effortless throw but its a bit too touchy for me to be used on anything else but on shots I really want to end up on the right.

Been mostly looking at the Alias, Axis, Truth and Warship for the time being but I hear the Trilogy discs are struggling with winds..:confused:

I throw discs a bit over 400ft RHBH but I do use flicks from time to time so I wouldn't mind a mid range suitable for that too!

To me, the truth does this just fine. If I want it to end up straight, just release it a tad to the right and the fade is nullified and you end up with a straight shot. That's my two cents. It really depends on your perfect release more than the disc.

I understood that you can pretty much put everything on the Alias without a fear of it flipping, even with moderate winds. Tangent might be a touch too under stable when compared with these two. Just wondering if the Alias would offer a lot more that my Anodes already do when it comes to distance.. Also if the Truth would do the same as the Alias with less effort I might have to give one a go. A lot of tight wooded tunnel courses around where I live and the less power I need on the throw to hit that line the better the outcome accuracy wise ofc.

My 2 cents from reading this is, in the MVP department, you're looking for a Proton or Eclipse Tangent.

Never heard of a Wasp with no fade until that post.

I have an old pearly one I have been throwing for 4 years and I got it used. and I just traded for one that is brand new and 165g with a slight puddle top that flies identically they are awesome

Core or Axis. Or beat in a Classic Truth. Or just best the heck out of a Roc.

I have an old pearly one I have been throwing for 4 years and I got it used. and I just traded for one that is brand new and 165g with a slight puddle top that flies identically they are awesome

I found a puddle top Buzzz not long ago. Dang thing is more understable than a Meteor. Saving it for wife/kid/beginners.