• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Coldpunk and booter, you guys rule for posting all the detailed pics!

I'm so regretting not having pre-ordered. I knew something like this would happen :(. Oh well, ask me in another month and a half.

What are you gonna do with your Sim, booter? and anyone else that already had a sim and now has/will have a Grip?

I don't think I'll have room in the arsenal for both so I'll end up trying to offload one this summer here locally I think.

More pics! Slope pics and showing how high it rides when wearing it, also xxl heavy hoodie tucked into the umbrella/stool strap.

02290c7f.jpg

51cdbbf5.jpg

81c5c21b.jpg

e0f46fd5.jpg

ab533f4c.jpg

Eric O said:
Coldpunk and booter, you guys rule for posting all the detailed pics!
How foolish of me...I came home, got out the Nikon and started a photo shoot. Take a bunch of pics, sit down at the computer to share them and see that you buys beat me to it!

I love nearly everything about the bag.

My two initial concerns after deciding I don't care about a huge pocket for clothes were the lack of a mini pocket and that I keep bumping my elbow with my Nalgene when swinging the bag onto my back... Like Unity said, I keep my mini in my pocket anyway, so one of the upper internal side pockets work great for the mini when I'm not playing, or the keys/random crap pocket above the GripEQ logo.

The thing with hitting my arm on the bottle is likely a learned motion from throwing my DualPack on and off. We'll see on that one.

Such a great bag, I think I will post the pics of the bottom at least so people can see the feet and the neat drainage for the drink holders..

Link to album of pics:
http://jn35646.imgur.com/grip_eq_bag_arrives
You can blow the pics up to full size by clicking the magnifying glass, love IMGUR.

I dig my bag. Great functionality but this write-up will be filled with negative stuff

Drink holders are very tight. Leaving my largest bottles on them to see if it loosens them up

Quiver putter pocket is tight as well. My quiver pocket adjustment strap is missing the snap button to keep it in place. I'm curious if I'm missing anything else

The putter pocket is tight for two Wizards/Aviars for sure. I hope that and the drink holders break in some.

I ended up putting two QJs in the quiver spot. Actually prefer that since my quiver pocket is well busted. I feel if I tried to place two putters in the pocket it will either rip the stitching or damage my discs

Aside from that I really like the bag

The Velcro that holds the insert on the side of my bag does not align properly and will not close at the top. This really irritates me because I had to wait so long, then was told they were hand checked. Anyone else have this problem. When I spend that kind of money and wait that long I expect it to be perfect!

I got mine today as well. First off, damn this thing has a ton of little pockets. I don't carry enough stuff to fill this thing. Like everyone else said the drink holders are tight but so is every part of this bag. I feel like it was made a bit smaller so everything breaks into perfection. As far as construction goes the bag feels solid and well built. The feet(6 of 'em) are a nice touch. The highlight is the way the bag rides though. It sits so high on my back it feels weightless which is more than I can say about my dual pack. The quiver putter pocket is snug on my two challengers but like the rest of the bag I feel like it will loosen up once broken in. It took me a good eight minutes to find the rainfly because it's hidden in an ingenious spot. My only gripe so far is the rainfly won't buckle in all spots if you have a chair attached. Other than that minor flaw this bag is great. I'd love to say it was worth the wait but I can't rightly do so with the bitching I had done previously.

I'm sure those putter/bottle pockets will loosen up just fine, it seems like when the pockets fit perfectly on a new bag they usually break in to be too loose, id much rather have them start snug and break into perfect

My pockets were all snug too. I filled up two nalgenes with scalding hot water and they've already loosened up nicely. I stuck three drivers in the main compartment flap putter pocket sort of halfway sticking out in so the widest part of the drivers were at the opening of the pocket. Now I can slip a comet in and out of there with ease.

I didn't try stretching the quiver pocket or the bungee pocket at all. The bungee pocket holds a rattler perfectly and I tried putting two wizards in there and it didn't seem too snug(not that I'm going back to putting with wiz's but who knows). I doubt I'll use the quiver pocket much and if I do it'll only be for a single rattler so it's not too tight for my use of it as it is.

As for your issue with the quiver snap, are you sure you pulled the strap out far enouhh? On mine that snap was waaaay down in there on the strap. If I hadn't seen zam's post about it I wouldn't have known to look that far down.

Booter Scootin Boogie told me he was going to sleep with his bag for the next couple of days to break it in and loosen it up. Pictures? :mrgreen:

niuvalleycane said:
Does the polyester seem any different than say the nylon used on other bags?
Not that I noticed. I'm no materials expert though. The bag seems very tough, so did my Phenix Core that didn't hold up though.

Anybody else notice that if you don't use the pocket with the key loop, it can act as another quiver pocket for a second putter. I'm hoping everything stretches out a little, but overall I'm happy with the way it is now.

Latest posts