• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Got mine today started documenting my progress via video on my iPhone...I will post later.

Looks like what I expected from the bag. Does look comfortable as hell. Gotta load her up. <------HAHAHAHAHA!!!

peppermack said:
Apothecary said:
gorilla boy. ftw.:)

I can't believe I am agreeing here but I will stick with my Simian. The bag looks nice, but the sim has soooo much storage, and holds a crap load of discs.
they both have really cool, really unique approaches. if i could afford both, i'd own both. since i've already had a Sim, i'm gonna try having a Grip for a while. i'm just so used to my old innova tour bag, i never got comfortable carrying a backpack.

Leopard said:
peppermack said:
Apothecary said:

I can't believe I am agreeing here but I will stick with my Simian. The bag looks nice, but the sim has soooo much storage, and holds a crap load of discs.
they both have really cool, really unique approaches. if i could afford both, i'd own both. since i've already had a Sim, i'm gonna try having a Grip for a while. i'm just so used to my old innova tour bag, i never got comfortable carrying a backpack.

I hear ya on the backpack thing. It took me a good bit of time to get used to carrying the Simian that way. I would love to try a Grip out but I don't have the $$, I like my Simian, and I like the fact that I can sit on the Simian and not have to carry a stool.

Maybe when someone gets sick of their Grip and sells it on here I will pick one up to try.

now that the bags have arrived -- the REAL question for 2011.... who's gonna be the first to have an Ion and Vector poking outta their Grip quiver?

yes, i said GRIP QUIVER. just let that term marinate in your mind.

peppermack said:
I always found it funny how they mention that the main compartment holds only 12 discs.

jubuttib said:
peppermack said:
I always found it funny how they mention that the main compartment holds only 12 discs.
the main compartment was drivers only for me... i carried a healthy mid/putter setup elsewhere. 4-5 mids per 2 side pockets, and 2-3 putters per 2 putter slings

basically there's more disc storage outside the "main" (center) compartment than inside. gives you the flexibility to go minimal and have crazy storage. even with all disc-capable spaces being filled with plastic, there were non-disc spaces that would fit a jacket and accessories.

Leopard said:
peppermack said:
Apothecary said:

they both have really cool, really unique approaches. if i could afford both, i'd own both.

...and a latitude bag, and a mystery ranch bag, and a gorrilla boy Gorilla, and...

man, I have a problem...

Man, what the hell is wrong with me? Just pulled the trigger on one that I won't see until March. (hopefully, ha!) I really like my siman already but there some stuff about this bag that really intrigues me. Definitely don't need them both though so one of them will be up for sale within a month or so of tryouts.

I filled my GripEQ back up with 18 in the main compartment 2 in the quiver and to in the front zipper pouch that closes over the main compartment. I put my Revo bag on with the same amount of discs, then I put my GripEQ back on with the same amount. The Grip rides higher and feels lighter (dangerous cause I'll put more discs in my bag) then the Revo, now don't get me wrong my Revo Dual Pack served me well but the Grip feels so much better on my back cause it's not on the small of my back. This coming from a guy who had lower back surgery in Jan 2010, this bag so far carrying wise is much more comfortable. I'm gonna take out about 2-4 discs cause I just have to much overlap with stuff. But overall so far so good. We'll see how she holds up after a few months of playing.

TRB

Looks awesome, rides well. Couple quick observations right off the bat:

- Mini marker fits in either of the pouches outside the bottom of the side pockets where the bottom of the stool/umbrella goes. A simple suggestion: in future production runs an additional slash pocket could be added over the center of the bungee pocket sized for a mini marker.

- I'm skeptical of the tight opening of the quiver pocket. Looks like the inner lining material could quickly start wearing out from the pressure or abrasion, etc, on there. It's also going to have to loosen up considerably to be functional while carrying on the back.

- Side pockets look about the perfect size for my needs. A size L driclime windshirt jams in there with not much room to spare. How many beers fit in the side pockets is still TBD.

- I shoehorned 18 discs in the main disc compartment, including 4 large diamater mids and 2 putters. I may not keep that many in there but I wanted to start out with it full so the frame will take form nicely.

- The pocket on the main compartment zippered cover. The perfect place to keep a clipboard/scorecard?

That's of minimal importance in these parts but I feel ya anyway. :mrgreen:

The answer is probably stuffed under the rainfly.

Looks like I'll be the last to receive mine......of course, I was really looking foreward to getting to use this tomorrow =( fucking fed ex

Eric O said:
- I'm skeptical of the tight opening of the quiver pocket. Looks like the inner lining material could quickly start wearing out from the pressure or abrasion, etc, on there. It's also going to have to loosen up considerably to be functional while carrying on the back.

I read something like this somewhere else as well. What's the deal there? I'd probably only be interested in carrying a single putter in there anyway so the tightness with two won't bother me. Is there still a danger of wearing out with a single putter in there?

what'shisname said:
Is there still a danger of wearing out with a single putter in there?
I dunno. I'm only planning on carrying one in the quiver also so I guess we'll find out. I'm not too worried about it since it's something the warranty would cover if it turned out to be a design flaw leading to failure.

Unrelated to the above, it looks like there are more pencil pockets on the water bottle holsters.

Also unrelated, that post cracked me up Jesse. Only because I feel your pain though. It's been a long wait.

From a non-smoker this is the best bag to stash stuff in. the very back of the bag in the main disc area is velcro and you can hide your stuff in there. It's ridiculous the amount of spots to hide stuff in this bag.

Eric O said:
Also unrelated, that post cracked me up Jesse. Only because I feel your pain though. It's been a long wait.
I hope the strap on your bag breaks and all your putts hit low for a year