• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

zj1002 said:
Jesse B 707 said:
zj1002 said:
My front pocket on the flap ripped at the seam. So far I am very disappointed in the quality. But I have been told by J@T he is getting these problems corrected and will get me a new one. I def got the "runt" of the litter
In 1 day? What caused it to rip?

I have no clue. I didn't notice it until I was showing it off at Disc Nation today. I would have been super pissed, but I already knew this bag was being replaced.

I inspected all the bags that we received, but given the time crunch presented by the preorders I had to focus on structural elements and major functional aspects. Unfortunately I've received word that a couple got by to pre-order customers that had details here or there with some irregularities. But we have documented these and are having the factory 100% re-inspect all remaining bags so we won't receive any more with such issues. And when they arrive I, too, will be giving them all a thorough inspection before they get sent to customers. We are committed to making the absolute best bags both from a design standpoint and in all aspects of quality.

That said, I am beyond pleased at the vast majority from which we are receiving extremely positive feedback! Thanks guys for posting your pics and mods. Love to see them!

Alright, hope everyone had good ice bowls this weekend!

The stitching on the inside of my quiver pocket is already coming apart. This was after zero rounds...not impressed by the quality whatsoever. Wonder what is going to happen in a couple months or an entire season.

In the age of everyone having a digital camera built into nearly every cellphone it would be nice to see pics of the issues being brought up. I have not seen a single "defect" in my bag other than the quiver style putter pocket being a bit tight to use two soft putters (fine if you use slick plastic putters).

jnecessary said:
In the age of everyone having a digital camera built into nearly every cellphone it would be nice to see pics of the issues being brought up. I have not seen a single "defect" in my bag other than the quiver style putter pocket being a bit tight to use two soft putters (fine if you use slick plastic putters).

pics are better. now, if someone could tell me why they need two discs in the quiver... do you park your drives so often that you get bored of dropping in the same putter? or do you really throw with your pack on?

I have two in there because I use two putters. I rotate each shot with them so the same one is never used twice in a row. This way, If I happen to lose one during a round I always have a backup that is exactly the same.

I stretched the quiver on my bag by jamming three putters in there for 24 hours and now it's a lot better. It's still tight, but I can easily pull a putter out from behind my head.

the velcro,in the middle flap pocket came loose today. the stitching basically ripped through the velcro. not a big deal but its gonna eventually come off completely with using that pocket.

I had some issues with my sharpie pocket ripping and the corner of the front cover that was tearing a bit. I stitched up them up and they are fixed. I contacted Justin, we talked on the phone I sent him pictures and trust me the outcome of our convo was a very very positive one. He will make sure that all issues are fixed when the next run of bags come out. The people who pre ordered these bags have to give him feedback. How is he going to improve or fix the issues if all people do is bitch about it, nothing is perfect first time around, however helping Justin find all the weak points or things to improve on we the people who pre ordered will help him make a superior product and TRUST me he wants to make sure everyone is happy and every bag is perfect. Yeah I know we all waited for quite sometime for these bags and some of you might not thing it was "worth" the wait as the saying goes but I for one love where the bag sits on my back and the weight distro makes the bag feel so light.

Here is a pic of twin GripEQ bags "Chillin" in single digit temps in Mass today!

179310_1786502992364_1533226638_31936823_6805584_n.jpg

jnecessary said:
In the age of everyone having a digital camera built into nearly every cellphone it would be nice to see pics of the issues being brought up.

16708918111117545741143.jpg

Tough to get a good pic, but you can see that it is already coming apart from where the pocket attaches to the side wall. The stitching is starting to separate going down the side of the pocket. Noticed it was only single stitched which surprised me considering how much use this pocket would get. Not too big of a deal, but definitely didn't expect it this early. Should I try and restitch or???

Tim Red Beard said:
the corner of the front cover that was tearing a bit.

Yeah, mine is starting to come loose too. Not sure if this is where yours was tearing. Need to find me a seamstress...

gripr.jpg

Definitely having some second thoughts here with this info. Really not looking for a make work, stitching project after shelling out for a top quality bag.

juju said:
Tim Red Beard said:
the corner of the front cover that was tearing a bit.

Yeah, mine is starting to come loose too. Not sure if this is where yours was tearing. Need to find me a seamstress...

gripr.jpg
What is wrong in this pic? Don't see anything...that is a pocket if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing.

jnecessary said:
What is wrong in this pic? Don't see anything...that is a pocket if I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing.

gripm.jpg

This part is starting to come apart a little from putting a disc in the velcro pocket. Can't really see it in the pic, hopefully it doesn't get worse since it isn't a big deal right now.

Mine held up well over the course of two rounds today ;) , can't find any failing stitching so far. I will say that functionally the bag is the bees knees, by far the most comfortable dg bag out there, all the pockets are well thought out and it easily fit all the gear I need for a day of golf. The only concerns I have so far are that the material used in the quiver is real thin for something that is supposed to hold up to years of having old roughed up putters shoved into it, it seems a bit light, also the rainfly seems like one snag on a branch (which is pretty damn common in DG) could be the end of your rain protection, it seems like it could be a mil or 2 thicker. I'm surely no materials expert though and honestly have no idea what those items are made of so they could certainly be tougher than I'm giving them credit for. All in all its a great bag, hopefully mine holds up but if not I'm confident that these kinks will be worked out in future runs of the bag.

I saw one yesterday...

Bag is ridiculously overpriced.

I mean, c'mon... look at what bags with just as many "custom pockets", heady zippers, and superman denier fabrics are going for in the outdoor sporting world.

http://www.ems.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=4058728

meh.

Dear GRIPeQ - Make it $125ish and I'm down. Otherwise, not so much.

Ps. Anyone wanna sell their bag for $125?

:)

Latest posts