• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

booter said:
hey...i can say whatever iwanna say frank! . cant even reply back to the pm after i wrote a book about the bag to u :(

reply:

"stop being a baby about not getting a PM back"

boom! Headshot.

I have some pictures taken of mine that I sent Justin. They aren't anything different from the problem pictures we have already seen. If you want to see them I can PM them to you. The only thing I don't enjoy about this bag is the stitching problems.

Otherwise my bag is everything I ever needed in a disc golf bag. perfect size for discs and has pockets for everything. I do wish there were some d-rings or hooks on the outside of the bag. In the top zipper pocket(below the quiver) I attached my mini scorecard clipboard to the hook and I let it hang out with the zipper closed. The d-rings inside the bag are nice, but I would rather hang my tags and stuff on the outside of the bag.

I still believe GripEq will get these problems fixed. This is what we signed up for with a new bag company. Nothing ever comes out perfect the first try. The only things wrong with my bag, which was probably the most fucked up one(sorry for that), is the stitching and sizing of pockets. I say this just to let people know, that this bag is worth it. The problems that need to be fixed are pretty minor in the long run. I am curious to see how these bags hold up over the next couple months.

Good post zj.

I'm sure Justin doesn't like seeing the negative reviews and pics on here, but this is an open forum, as opposed to the product Facebook page that can be censored. The thing people have to remember is that complaints are always louder and compliments on products. For every complaint there might be 5 unheard complaints, but 50 people that have nothing negative to say but tend to be the silent majority (numbers pulled directly out of my rear).

I just wanted to see the issues I should be looking for. Besides, stitching is a product failure and would be covered by the warranty.

These are top notch bags for sure and I could not be happier with mine. I am curious how they will evolve after 6 months or so of use and the comments/complaints/suggestions that roll in with that.

Yeah, I got mine out today to go over the stitching. I couldn't find anything wrong with mine, but I'll be keeping an eye on those areas to be sure.

I hope people don't think I'm complaining. I've found ways to fix my issues and wanted to give some warning to others for what to look out for. None of the issues have been deal breakers so far, but I haven't even played a round yet, so I'm going to keep a close eye on everything.

On a positive note mine is in top notch shape. Of course, It has barely left my house and has yet to be on a course.

I'm kind of teetering on the edge of selling mine as well. I'm really in no rush for a new bag and I'm starting to think I should have waited for a more established product before I threw down my money.

Dear all,
The issues you've been bringing up are unacceptable to see from our product line. Although I'd like to agree with the posts that have pointed out that the issues we are seeing here are relatively superficial and those bags will still serve as great disc golf bags while we are re-inspecting everything and getting replacements out to the affected customers.

As I said, we are taking a hard look at the rest of the inventory and only releasing those that will perform. And meanwhile we are also aggressively pursuing fixes so that we don't see any issues like this at all with the second build.

A final note: Someone earlier brought it up so I'd like to respond... I'm not offended by people posting their photos here. It is, as was pointed out, a public forum for free interchange as opposed to our Facebook page which is a place for brand marketing. Of course, I don't like seeing them but that is because I don't want our products under performing and that falls back on us making the necessary adjustments. The only thing that would seem out-of-line would be posting here and neglecting to directly notify us with photos as well ([email protected]). But I believe that all who have brought up issues here have already notified me so we can document the unit and get them a replacement, so thanks to those of you who have done so.

Alright, hope everyone who played had fun at their ice bowls this weekend!

Holy cow, 400? Can't get a fourth of that turnout a couple hundred miles north of you!

@ Justin, I was in no way suggesting there is something wrong with moderating the comments on the GripEQ facebook page, that is to be expected and I would do the same. Congrats on what I would call a very successful launch. Demand is crazy and the problems are minimal.

Latest posts