• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

I use a bladder every round and rig the hose through the elastic straps on the back straps. I used to use the clip things with magnets and they worked well but the elastic straps seems to work better

I dig my Octo more and more every round.

They just sooooo dang comfy! And with your Willie Gear beer pocket, how could you not enjoy every round? He made me the one like yours the other day so now I have capacity for 7 12oz cans of insulated, beery goodness. Also got my Disc Gator and I can't remember who said it earlier in the thread, but it slides nicely right into the Umbrella pocket. Sticks out about 4-5" but I don't think that will bother me.

Missing a toploader at all?

Yes. Quite a bit, frankly. But this bag suits me better in most (not all) other respects.
Four putters up top is really what tips the scales for me. But I do wish the main compartment was a touch smaller, a la the Mahal.

I need to find someone local with this.bag

It all depends on how you treat your bag. I could make a ranger last a lifetime and destroy a Mahal in a year. It actually makes more sense for a company to make a attractive bag with semi-good quality and lower price point.
Not enough people in the DG market to sustain a indestructible bag. Make a bag in a ton of colors that lasts about 5-7 years with normal use. Lifetime warranties are a marketing thing. Every bag will fail due to wear and tear, it will not stay brand new for a lifetime with normal use. Colors will fade, stitching will fail, material will thin.

My Ranger is going on 2.5 years with 5-7 rounds a week and looks to last at least another year or two but I don't drag it around, drop it down hard. or squish it into my trunk with a bunch of other stuff on top of or against it.

So glad I made the switch to this bag. Best decision I've made, as well as my best discgolf investment. Incredibly comfortable and seems to get better with with use as it stretches into itself. Extremely well balanced, played an entire round on a hillside and not one tip. My old Prodiscus would tip several times a round. The rain fly is also top of the line

I'm really happy with this bag. The comfort and storage capacity are top notch. Bladder sleeve has won me over. Functionally near perfect.
Now to my gripes: There should be better internal dividers/ internal pockets on some of the storage. A key clip, and a couple other inside pockets would be a plus - those pockets are pretty cavernous as they are now. And the chest straps should be removable. They were on the very early run, and should have stayed that way. And, personally, I still think the main pocket is tow discs bigger than it needs to be -- there is plenty of space for extras in the other pockets, but no good way to lighten down to 15-16 discs total for long days or shorter courses.
Still, that is picking nits. It's an exceptional bag -- 21 discs through 54 holes at Milo yesterday, and I feel great today.

I do wish it had smaller inner pockets, at least the one that was by the umbrella holder in the video.
I have resorted to using a few zip lock bags in the big pockets

The bags appear to be out of stock at the moment. I wonder if the next run will have upgrades or different colors.

From the FB page:

We are officially sold out of bags! Thank you so much to everyone that has supported us through your purchases and spreading the love on social media, and a big thanks to my wife Christina and my right hand men Kyle Christenson and Jeremy Meier.

The current colors will be discontinued and we'll be announcing new colors with full pictures within the next four weeks. At that time we will start taking pre-orders for a limited release of 25 bags - 5 bags in each of the 5 new colorways for 2016. These bags will ship by the end of March. If you're not one of the first 25 don't worry - we will continue taking pre-orders for our full 2016 release which is slated for the beginning of May.

(Note that we have plenty of Octo-Fly's left for those of you that already have a bag but are still wanting the fly.)

Cheers!
Levi

I have had my bag for a couple of months now and really love it. I do wish it had some inner pockets and another umbrella holder and another cup holder would be nice.

Does anyone know how to clean this bag? I have had a couple things spill in the cup holder and the bag has gotten a little dirty

From FB:

Pound has never been more proud than we are today, as we announce and welcome our Ambassadors for 2016: Nate Sexton, Christian Dietrich, and Karl Johan Nybo.

On the most basic level being an Ambassador simply means that they believe in the craftsmanship of our products. However, on a much broader level we take the meaning of Ambassador to heart. This is plainly evident in our mission statement which is the philosophy that guides our company:

To make the best disc golf bags and elevate the sport of disc golf.

The bag part is easy, but how do we elevate the sport? We elevate the sport through our conduct. This means first and foremost acting like ladies and gentlemen on the course. This means encouraging up and coming players to start practicing more and entering tournaments. This means very calmly and sincerely dispensing etiquette to groups that are lacking. This means helping to run tournaments and volunteering our time to grow the sport.

The products that we make at Pound are simply an extension of our love for the game and our commitment to seeing disc golf become a truly professional sport.

And these 3 individuals - Nate Sexton, Christian Dietrich, and Karl Johan Nybo - truly embody professionalism and kindness, and we are honored to have them represent Pound Disc Golf.

Cheers,
Levi

Good for Pound. Couldn't have hand-picked three (seemingly) nicer guys to rep the brand and the sport.

Id agree with Sexton being a good ambassador for the sport. He seems smart and good for the image of DG. The other two I'm sure as well, I just don't know them yet.

Now, waddup with that top loader

The other two I'm sure as well, I just don't know them yet.

Can't comment on KJ, but Christian is one of the nicest guys you could meet in DG. Only 1000+(Currently 1022) rated golfer in MT and he really exemplifies those traits that Levi mentions. If you'd like to see him crushing it, check out CCDG's coverage of the 2015 RMDGC. Spectacular courses at Bohart Ranch, great coverage by Ian and crew, and Christian slays some solid golf.

Latest posts