• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] New discraft?

Most of the posts in this thread seems to be yearning for existing molds in different plastics. Does this mean that Discraft has no holes in their lineup? No room for improvement?

Ti Comet and Stratus. I would love to have a durable mid turnover that doesn't get beat in and flip as easily.

Most of the posts in this thread seems to be yearning for existing molds in different plastics. Does this mean that Discraft has no holes in their lineup? No room for improvement?

I think discraft has a lot figured out and always did. I, of course, being from Michigan tend to have learned and started with discraft. I think sometimes learning to fill gaps in your bag with learning how to throw a disc differently, rather than find a new disc can be benificial. I learned to do a lot of midrange tosses with my XL years ago to fill gaps.

DCs lineup is pretty solid. What gaps are there?

Ti Comet and Stratus. I would love to have a durable mid turnover that doesn't get beat in and flip as easily.

:thmbup::thmbup: I second that! Being in Michigan myself, there is always a need for some dependable turnover discs for the heavily wooded courses you have to navigate. Also needs to withstand a few thuds into said trees. :D

DCs lineup is pretty solid. What gaps are there?

They dont really have any, but what works for you as an overstable utility disc say a crush, may be not enough for someone else (pred) or a comet may be a turnover mid for you but someone else needs a meteor. For most people the crush and the meteor dont really need to exist. But there are a few people who prefer a different option that may fly a little different to achieve what you achieve with a comet or w/e. if they were to release a new mold, it would certainly overlap with whatever they have out. Only gap i see is a less stable driver in the forces speed range.

DC has a good amount of overlap in its lineup. I would say its nowhere near as bad as innova, but its there. I would anticipate theyll release something in a diff plastic before a new mold (aside from the zombee). I think an esp zombie would maybe be money

Last edited:
Actually the more I think about it, DC does not appear to have any real holes. They do have a ton of under appreciated discs.

They are solid. Maybe they should work on some old discs in new plastics and some new stamps that aren't so dull. A little flash, and a little marketing wouldn't hurt their cause.

Hammer, your avatar reminds me of when I used to try and watch scrambled Playboy on cable when I was a kid. You know it's something attractive, but you can't quite make it out.

HA, I never really thought about it that way. Funny.

Ti in bright colors. Most of the Ti I've seen is way too dark to find in the woods.

When I bought the Ti Buzzz and Wasp, I found them to be more understable than their Z or ESP counterparts. I can't imagine a Comet or Stratus that flips MORE than they already do in my hand. I get you on the durability front, though, and I like the Ti feel.

I do need to try working with the Midnight Z Comets I picked up from DD; they are sweet discs. I've thrown them a few times, but I couldn't afford to get away from the standard bag I was working with, what with all the tourneys I was playing. But lately, I have been throwing an all-Latitude bag. Maybe I'll go all Discraft for a while, considering how many of their discs I have.

:thmbup::thmbup: I second that! Being in Michigan myself, there is always a need for some dependable turnover discs for the heavily wooded courses you have to navigate. Also needs to withstand a few thuds into said trees. :D

I have an ESP Stratus, in black.
Admittedly, I am careful where I throw it, but it is the stable, durable Stratus that you are looking for.
Considering the crappy colors that TI comes in, black doesn't look so bad. Ever try to find one of those copper TI discs on top of pine straw? At lest black stands out.
Anyways, I agree that a TI Comet or TI Stratus would be fantastic!~!!!! Just hope it would be in some bright-ish colors (white, yellow, day-glo, hot pink, etc.)

Ti in bright colors. Most of the Ti I've seen is way too dark to find in the woods.

Second this.
What were they thinking.
This is the #1 reason that I have never bought TI plastic, in any mold.

I think discraft has a lot figured out and always did. I, of course, being from Michigan tend to have learned and started with discraft. I think sometimes learning to fill gaps in your bag with learning how to throw a disc differently, rather than find a new disc can be beneficial. I learned to do a lot of midrange tosses with my XL years ago to fill gaps.
Changing your throw to suit your lie isn't going to sell them discs. Like it or not, they're a business. They have more molds than Millennium, but if they just stopped making discs, they'd run the risk of becoming irrelevant. They can't just release a new plastic every year.

The Ace Race is their chance to fill in the bottom end of their chart without obligation to produce any of the turds (I've hated almost all the AR discs except the ones they didn't release into production).

i wish you could get more molds in esp mostly the glide and wasp
The Wasp was produced in ESP but molded inconsistently. Perhaps the new mold might change that.

They are solid. Maybe they should work on some old discs in new plastics and some new stamps that aren't so dull. A little flash, and a little marketing wouldn't hurt their cause.
They just rebranded the Elite X stamps.

I have an ESP Stratus, in black.
Admittedly, I am careful where I throw it, but it is the stable, durable Stratus that you are looking for.
Considering the crappy colors that TI comes in, black doesn't look so bad. Ever try to find one of those copper TI discs on top of pine straw? At lest black stands out.
Anyways, I agree that a TI Comet or TI Stratus would be fantastic!~!!!! Just hope it would be in some bright-ish colors (white, yellow, day-glo, hot pink, etc.)

Nice, I wasn't even sure they made a Stratus in ESP until I stumbled upon one on eBay. It was a dark color, either black or navy blue, so I passed on bidding for it as I thought I might lose it.

I have seen the TI discs and you are right, would be very hard to see those especially in the Fall. Never bought one mainly because the only Discraft mid in my bag is a Meteor (ESP and Cryztal).

So yes, TI in bright colors! Anything close to the MVP Neutron Orange color would be incredible. :hfive:

I actually really like the simple, clean Discraft stamp. Don't ugly my disc up with some crazy design; if I want that, I can do a crazy dye job. This is the main reason I think that Lat 64 GL discs are the sexiest out there. No fluff. Solid disc, simple clean professional-looking logo.

I actually really like the simple, clean Discraft stamp. Don't ugly my disc up with some crazy design; if I want that, I can do a crazy dye job. This is the main reason I think that Lat 64 GL discs are the sexiest out there. No fluff. Solid disc, simple clean professional-looking logo.

I agree with with ya there. The clean, simple designs just look better on premium plastic especially. Ti is a good example of what they've done that works well in that way.

Latest posts