• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Equipment Forum Layout

Discs Forum: Keep the manufacturer sub-forums?

• Yes

Votes: 108 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 67 38.3%

• Total voters
Todays new posts?... well nearly 3k posts later you found it ;)

Ha.

In my defense, I'm usually logged in, so I just use the "New DG Posts," or "All New Posts" option. I happen to really like that you can choose just the new DG posts, and filter out all the MP junk. (Although sometimes I lurk in the MP, and Watercooler)

I'm indifferent...all change is, well, change.

I'd rather see this change to the MP than the equipment section - I know what I want and it would make searching [for purchases/trades] exponentially easier. WAYYYY too much Innova all over the MP (though I do throw Birdies, Cobras, and Banshees).

As for discussing plastic I feel less obligated to comment/give input/correct n00bs with the new setup. I don't even bother checking the sub forums, which is fine, but is NOT benefiting the less knowlegdeable. IMO it's fueling the fire of what DGR has to talk down upon regarding DGCR. But that's just me:|

I'd rather see this change to the MP than the equipment section - I know what I want and it would make searching [for purchases/trades] exponentially easier.
It would also pretty much require every selling/trading plastic to have a separate thread in each company subforum that they have stuff to trade, therefore it would make it exponentially harder for those folks to update their threads.

No there isnt lol. Under discs there are just the different companies at the top. No general discs. Even if they made a general disc chat forum its moronic. So people that throw latitude will be in the latitude forum and not in the general disc chat, then whats the point of asking something in a general chat if you cant get the opinion of everyone, everyone that might throw all different kinds of plastic. Which doesnt exist unless its located somewhere else weird,,,it certainly isnt one of the categories under discs.

what a joke.

More like what a whiny sense of entitlement. :rolleyes:

For those of you who don't seem to understand that pretty much any green text in the forums is a link, here's an illustration that might be helpful.

ick7yg.jpg

could be the worst idea ever. Pretty much common sense but you cant ask general questions like you could before. Its crazy. Id try to be constructive but wow.

If i make a thread asking, "Best Putter in the Wind?". How in the world will that work if there are seperate forums for each company. I have to post the same thread in each? lol Thats just an example. ANY general question about discs you cant post now. Pretty shocking whoever thought of this and thought it was a good idea. What about any thread that compares two different discs from two different companies? Like Stag v Volt threads. So do i post that in the mvp or westside forum?

its even more funny that some of you brown-nosers like the idea.

No there isnt lol. Under discs there are just the different companies at the top. No general discs. Even if they made a general disc chat forum its moronic. So people that throw latitude will be in the latitude forum and not in the general disc chat, then whats the point of asking something in a general chat if you cant get the opinion of everyone, everyone that might throw all different kinds of plastic. Which doesnt exist unless its located somewhere else weird,,,it certainly isnt one of the categories under discs.

what a joke.

I especially like the line about common sense.:|

Please make sure you have your facts straight before you attack an idea. You were so wrong it was sad.

Also, I think the change is helpful. <------- Must be a brown noser.

Is there going to be a dd section? Legacy? I understand they are smaller but it would be nice to see those added to the brands of the disc section.

I like it okay. I'd somewhat prefer just some stickies for the big manufactures like DGR does but that's probably b/c I'm used to it.

I could install a mod that would list those threads in the "main" forum... so they'd be listed twice, once in their sub-forum and once in the main one.

This idea is great. This way I believe folks are exposed to all the news about gear in one place. For example, I wouldn't have found out about MVP without the constant buzz on the main thread, now it's almost all I throw. Seeing all the goings ons in one spot is a great form of exposure, but the subs win for research.

The feelings on the change seem to be split to some degree so here's what I'm thinking of doing. I've added more forums for some of the other manufacturers. Once all the threads are sorted, I'm going to apply marketplace-like tags to them and move them all back into one forum. There will be a filter at the top similar to the marketplace where you'll click "Innova" and all the Innova threads will show, etc. All equipment threads will require a tag once this goes into place. The initial tag list I was planning to use is below:

Code:
Ching
DGA
Discmania
Discraft
Dynamic
Gateway
Innova
Latitude 64
Legacy
Millenium
MVP
Prodigy
Vibram
Westside

Drivers
Mids
Putters

Vs.
Recommend
Compare
Help!
Question
Other
I assume those cover most threads. There can only be one prefix/tag per thread so if you're looking for the best Innova driver 3 tags would apply (recommend, Innova and Drivers) and I guess you'd have to use your best judgement as to which you want to use. Obviously that's an issue but I think this might be a good compromise between the organization that multiple forums provide with the desire to see everything.

Everything in one place, easily searchable by a few different categories?

shirt_guinness_brilliant.jpg

Last edited:
Worth mentioning, the threads that are in the general "Discs" forum now won't be tagged. There's no way I'm going through and tagging 1500+ threads. I might do some here and there if I happen to catch something like a "Vs" thread and am feeling ambitious. Maybe I just need an equipment moderator or two :)

Worth mentioning, the threads that are in the general "Discs" forum now won't be tagged. There's no way I'm going through and tagging 1500+ threads. I might do some here and there if I happen to catch something like a "Vs" thread and am feeling ambitious. Maybe I just need an equipment moderator or two :)

There you go...delegate!:thmbup:

I don't mind being a mod for the equipment section. I will have plenty of time this summer due to the fact that I am a teacher.

I used to check the equipment forum a lot from my phone, now it's too much work that I don't even bother.

Tapatalk would fix that...please Tim

I like it okay. I'd somewhat prefer just some stickies for the big manufactures like DGR does but that's probably b/c I'm used to it.

Problem with one stickied thread like that is that posts are easily lost in them. I don't like posting in them because I will post a question and 70 percent of the time, someone will post one right after and my questions gets buried. They also aren't very conducive to conversations for the same reason. You may get a couple posts but then its on the the next questions and you may have not gotten all the info you were looking for.

The feelings on the change seem to be split to some degree so here's what I'm thinking of doing. I've added more forums for some of the other manufacturers. Once all the threads are sorted, I'm going to apply marketplace-like tags to them and move them all back into one forum. There will be a filter at the top similar to the marketplace where you'll click "Innova" and all the Innova threads will show, etc. All equipment threads will require a tag once this goes into place. The initial tag list I was planning to use is below:

Code:
Ching
DGA
Discmania
Discraft
Dynamic
Gateway
Innova
Latitude 64
Legacy
Millenium
MVP
Prodigy
Vibram
Westside

Drivers
Mids
Putters

Vs.
Recommend
Compare
Help!
Question
Other
I assume those cover most threads. There can only be one prefix/tag per thread so if you're looking for the best Innova driver 3 tags would apply (recommend, Innova and Drivers) and I guess you'd have to use your best judgement as to which you want to use. Obviously that's an issue but I think this might be a good compromise between the organization that multiple forums provide with the desire to see everything.

This is awesome right here

Last edited:

Latest posts