• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Feature: Hole Tips!

I'm heading down to Charlotte tomorrow. I'll take my camera in case I get to play a course.

Is there a way to show a pic of the hole you're looking at the tip for? I just keep seeing random holes.

Is there a way to show a pic of the hole you're looking at the tip for? I just keep seeing random holes.
It's something I have to add later. Maybe this weekend if I have time.

Not seeing a way to display it via the mobile site, which as a traveling player I would find quite helpful. :)

Can this feature also be used to instruct out-of-towners on things like course secrets (safari suggestions like "play from 16's tee to 13's basket if you desire more length on this hole," to use an example from my home course; or to give other recommendations on adding alternate ways to play a hole, like mandos or optional OB)?

The mobile site always gets everything very late. As for your second question, no, it's definitely not for safari suggestions and stuff like that. It's for how people should play the existing "official" holes.

I am dreaming of ways to sabatogue traveling disc golfers on all my home courses.....muhuahahahaha!

Concealed as a helpful tip, you will initially get many thumbs up... putting your lousy advice at the top of the page. Nice. :doh: :p

Hopefully no lurkers decide to truly run with your idea. :wall:

sweeeeeet! Great info for us travellers. Thanks Mr. G!

Just added photos to the hole tips. Also made it so only holes that have tips are selectable on the tips tab.

Premium option added, print all hole tips. You'll find the link right under the sort options.

You can now get the "Informant" achievement by adding tips to the site. Bronze: 50, Silver: 150, Gold: 350, Diamond: 700.

Also, I made a new medal for Course Discoverer and used the old one for Informant.

*goes to 50% of chicagoland holes*

Tip - throw a hyzer!

:)

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but a day or so ago I put tips on the first 10 holes of Bellamy Park in Dover, NH. Just now I went to finish the other holes but only the 10 I had already done were available for tips. Am I crazy or is this a bug? Edit - Never mind I figured it out

Added hole tips for all 18 holes at East Roswell Park. Started off just using the text we have on the tee signs, but found myself editing/enhancing along the way, and by the last several holes was pretty much writing from scratch. Would be interested in feedback on whether others think they're of any value.

You can now get the "Informant" achievement by adding tips to the site. Bronze: 50, Silver: 150, Gold: 350, Diamond: 700.
... the carrot has been dangled :) .

Added hole tips for all 18 holes at East Roswell Park. Started off just using the text we have on the tee signs, but found myself editing/enhancing along the way, and by the last several holes was pretty much writing from scratch. Would be interested in feedback on whether others think they're of any value.
The early tips read more like hole descriptions rather than playing tips but it got more tippish on the back 9. Looks good, thanks for adding them :)

How long has that "pin position" expando-dealie been there? I just noticed it and it's too close to quitting time for me to search the forums.