• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New! Fresh! 8-Bit Disc Golf is coming!

throwfromthewoods

Double Eagle Member
I am as pleased as Mario wrapped up all cozy in a Tanooki Suit to announce the recent creation and inevitable launch of a new line of Disc Golf apparel. 8-Bit Disc Golf combines the sport you love with the nostalgia you wistfully reminisce about when you're half in the bag. I'm here to help you represent the Nintendo generation on the course with old school gamer-inspired threads.

Take a peek at a couple designs I have in store, and stay tuned for more. Mock-ups are on their way and I hope to get the first batch out on the courses before the summer season really gets underway. This thread is just to generate buzz and feedback for right now, but I promise to update you all on new developments as they happen.

So sit back, grab an old mix tape, a 2-liter bottle of Shasta, and shake out those thumbs. 8-Bit Disc Golf is coming…

Continue?

Attachments

• 8bitDGmini.jpg
    8bitDGmini.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 256
  • battlemenualtmini.jpg
    battlemenualtmini.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 370
  • heartmini.jpg
    heartmini.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
One more for the day! Sure, the Konami Code is cheating. But if it wasn't acceptable, why would they create it?

Attachments

• secretmini.jpg
    secretmini.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 62
  • obeymini.jpg
    obeymini.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 58
  • codelongmini.jpg
    codelongmini.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 118
lol, nice. Can we expect an 8-bit Climo throwing a Roc? Or an 8-bit basket being hit by a disc?

2nd thumbnail in first post is epic. well done.

@glong, yea, just got confirmation on my 7th world record for punch-out last week. w00t

These were a few favorites from back in the day.

T & C Surf and Skate

Kid Icarus

Zelda

and Rygar (this guy threw a spinning disc of death!)

I do have to tread lightly when it comes to marketing specific games or characters. Infringement will flatten you faster than Donkey Kong before the kill screen.

As much as I'd like to design Megaman blasting discs through trees or Super Mushrooms with the phrase, "Go Big or Bogey," I still need to look into the licensing rights and intellectual property loopholes (I have little to no shame when I can get away with it). In the future I can't wait to play with something like the original top-scrolling Legend of Zelda scenery.

Thanks for the positive feedback though! I can't wait to get some of these out and in your hands.

IMO the gradient on the 8 Bit Disc Golf logo makes it difficult to read. I'm not saying impossible, but when it comes to branding you don't want people to struggle with identifying your "mark." I think it's a cool idea though. Be careful (as you already mentioned) with what you put on shirts. You'd be surprised with what can get you in trouble.

IMO the gradient on the 8 Bit Disc Golf logo makes it difficult to read. I'm not saying impossible, but when it comes to branding you don't want people to struggle with identifying your "mark."

My actual logo work is a lot better. I just shrunk everything and made it low-res to discourage any...borrowing.

8-bit-Pale-Ale-478x550.jpg

Tallgrass Brewery in Manhattan, KS recently released their 8-bit Pale Ale.

These were a few favorites from back in the day.

T & C Surf and Skate

Kid Icarus

Zelda

and Rygar (this guy threw a spinning disc of death!)

Fun fact I had the worlds highest score on T&C surf and skate, no joke...got beat just a few months ago ):

Latest posts