• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] New Gateway driver or 80's thrash metal band?-Slayer

New Gateway prototype driver?

Gateway posted this on their website a week ago:

This new prototype has the stability for a long range range driver. Which is the ability to flip up a little but enough resistance to turn to not flip too much,, then a looooong glide pattern with lots of penetration and a predictable slow fade at the end.
I'm pretty confident its good to go and we will get into full production next week.
We just need to name it. Please comment with your ideas and suggestions.

http://gdstour.com/new-prototype-needs-a-name-any-suggestions/

Looks to me like another big high speed driver. Domey with a mostly flat-bottomed wing. They are asking for name suggestions.

(sorry if this has been posted)

They should call it "The Driber" and from then on, any typos or spelling errors, they can just claim that it's "their thing" and "how they roll" when questioned about QC.

Merged threads. It was really hard to do, given all the traffic in them. I think it's safe to say we are all super-pumped for a new Gateway driver. :p

They should do a low-profile putter or a lid-type small diameter putter. Then I might care.

They should be a putter-only company. And focus on consistency of plastic so we can order them online.

There have been lots of suggestions on how they could correctly identify their putters better, but they either don't hear or ignore them. Probably both.

It is frustrating when you love one of their putters though. :doh:

If you want to order gateway putters online, order them directly from the Gateway office. I've ordered two package deals from them, and I've found the best way to order them is to order colors. I have 12 wizards, 7 of them are dark blue 174-175, and are basically the exact same.

There are some good gateway molds other than putters (warrior, spirit, element, demon) but the consistency thing kills any consideration of working specific molds into a bag for any length of time. Sure grip plastic is useless after 6 rounds.

If you want to order gateway putters online, order them directly from the Gateway office. I've ordered two package deals from them, and I've found the best way to order them is to order colors. I have 12 wizards, 7 of them are dark blue 174-175, and are basically the exact same.

We hear ya. But the problem with buying gateway direct is losing the perks of repeat shopping at other websites that offer escallating discounts, local club kickback, or in-store credit, moreso if i'm buying 12 putters at once.

We hear ya. But the problem with buying gateway direct is losing the perks of repeat shopping at other websites that offer escallating discounts, local club kickback, or in-store credit, moreso if i'm buying 12 putters at once.

You don't need all that stuff if you're getting 15 dollar EvoHPP putters for less than 8 bucks. :)

I tried to throw gateway stuff, Good putters $hitty drivers. I just got a Lat 64 Bolt. Pretty good disc, Nice glide not to flippy. I bought it for the wall though. Has a 2011 Worlds stamp on it.

oh, No I have not thrown the new Gateway driver

Call it the flop!! No but seriously if it isnt in HPP or a SSS Wiz I dont even look at it twice. Would love to support them more, but they need to support there users more. Take some damn suggestions and try to fix the plastic issue. Just my .02

I think the Warrior is great mid.. it found its way in my bag before I tossed it in the drink

There are some good gateway molds other than putters (warrior, spirit, element, demon) but the consistency thing kills any consideration of working specific molds into a bag for any length of time. Sure grip plastic is useless after 6 rounds.

Hey, I have an S demon and it is amazing, it s taking a decent beating too. I hope this next driver is a big success. they need it. And as for the putters, I have found them to be relatievly similar. more consistent than DX...

Just got one of these as a freebie when ordering something else from gateway

Definitely a real wide rim

The plastic on this particular proto actually feels really nice, dont know about durability but it sure feels nice (very starish, just a tad firmer)

Latest posts