• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Grip Bag Soon?

$30 bucks for the effing rainfly? Seriously?

When I needed a new rainfly for my old Ergo I called John and told him that. I asked what I could pay him. He said "It costs 80 cents in materials. I cant let you pay me for it." And he didn't let me. He just sent the damn thing.

Last edited:
$30 bucks for the effing rainfly? Seriously?

When I needed a new rainfly for my old Ergo I called John and told him that. I asked what I could pay him. He said "It costs 80 cents in materials. I cant let you pay me for it." And he didn't let me. He just sent the damn thing.

Wow. I would never purchase a bag from them if I didn't already own one. :thmbdown:

the c14 doesn't have them either. i quickly found that out as it started to rain at a tournament last weekend...

I see you're in Vegas so I can understand the extreme heat, (I probably wouldn't even be able to hang.)

But let me ask a question, would you seriously drink 100oz of liquid in one round? I understand playing multiple rounds, but wouldn't you prefer to go refill at the car between multi round days? You would be saving carrying all that extra weight and you could re-up cold liquids from a cooler.

I'm just curious is all. I used to drink 40s on the course with my boys and it would take a good amount of holes to kill those too.

For multiple rounds yes, it would be a great idea. As for those without a car (such as I) makes things a little limited when it comes to hydration. Having a hydration bladder on the back of the bag would limit some problems that water bottles and other large beverage containers currently present in some ways, but yes having the ability to stay hydrated without bulky bottles falling out would be nice. Such a feature would be more appealing to those who live in hotter climates such as I in Vegas, or those in SoCal and the surrounding southwest.

I am in the market for a C series bag. Curious if you guys think I ought to buy a C14 or preorder a C15. Do you think the price will drop on the C14s? Do you think the price on the C15s will go up after the preorder? Do you think they will offer a discount code on Facebook or Twitter if I am patient and vigilant?

I have a few weeks off of school coming up and I'd like to be able to use the bag on a few disc golf road trips during that time. I'm also mainly interested in the black which seems to be the least popular color, if that makes any difference. And finally, I would prefer to be able to carry 32 oz Nalgenes.

I am in the market for a C series bag. Curious if you guys think I ought to buy a C14 or preorder a C15. Do you think the price will drop on the C14s? Do you think the price on the C15s will go up after the preorder? Do you think they will offer a discount code on Facebook or Twitter if I am patient and vigilant?

I have a few weeks off of school coming up and I'd like to be able to use the bag on a few disc golf road trips during that time. I'm also mainly interested in the black which seems to be the least popular color, if that makes any difference. And finally, I would prefer to be able to carry 32 oz Nalgenes.

There really isn't much of a difference from what I can tell between the 14 and the 15. Bigger water bottle holders and the added flap on the side pocket is pretty much it. I don't think you can go wrong either way

I would wait and get the newer version.

When the c14 came out they dropped the price within a month or maybe just a little longer and then 2 or more times after that it was either dropped or there were some sort of promotions.

Depends on how different the new bag is. Besides the little flap for a pocket and the extra O ring uptop, I'd save the cash. But I don't know all the specs of the c15

Either way, really nice bag and you'll like it. I've had many different bags and this one is very fun and utilitarian.

Grip EQ posted on FB: Last day to get a $15 discount on the purchase of any Grip EQ 2015 Series Disc Golf Bag @ checkout w/coupon code "GRIPCAKEDAY". Find a GRIP authorized retailer near you to order for you to their store and save $26.75 on shipping as well.

not really sold on the the improvements on this iteration after watching nate sexton's AMA video with the short overview of the bag. i'm already able to carry 20 in the main compartment pretty easily, and am already fitting 4 putters in the quiver (unzipped)/3 zipped. The extra side storage is not all that appealing to me since I don't wear an XL hoodie...

disc golf backpacks have become the smartphone's of the disc golf industry. seems like all manufacturers are adding gimmicky tweaks on a premium that's just not justified to me. the golf mahal is becoming increasingly more appealing to me for my perception of its lack of participation in this year-to-year race to do something different.

Do those new series of grip has top handle (or some sort of ring structure on strap like in old models) that we can grab the bag from the top? I'd assume so, but I can't tell from the pictures on their web site.