• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] New putter, The PA3

I've had mine for two days now and have spent the last few evening practicing putting with them.

They are definitely shallower than expected. I was thinking something similar to a wizard of judge in depth, but they are shallower than that. The 350g plastic from this run is a little different than my 350g BG Doubles PA1. Less...velvety...and a bit stiffer. Definitely closer to KC plastic in this run.

Man, these putters are straight, though. Very much a point and shoot putter but with more HSS than the PA4. I've thrown them in 10-15 MPH winds and noticed no stability issues so far.

Damn you, ZJ. My wallet has enough holes in it!

Haha. Well thats not an acceptable reason to not pick up a stack of awesome putters

I did get to feel up the PA3. It definitely pays homage to the KC Aviar or Wizard with the blunt nose and big bead. Thankfully the overall shape of it is not an exact clone of another putter. I really like the feel of it and will probably pick up a pair just to see how it holds up next to my Clozers. The shape is more like a big bead challenger or omega. Big props to prodigy on this one. Its definitely going to be the putter every prodigy fan boy uses.

I couldn't resist and snagged the last of the 175s. I love putters and go nuts for beaded putters. I don't see them kicking Wizards out of the bag since they're straighter, but I'm excited to try them for sure.

With a write-up like that, I can't wait to get them.

if they release it in 400 and it has more stability, that's game over. i will have found my driving/approach putter combo and i won't have to cycle wizards in hard OG and S/SS OG.

I couldn't resist and snagged the last of the 175s. I love putters and go nuts for beaded putters. I don't see them kicking Wizards out of the bag since they're straighter, but I'm excited to try them for sure.

With a write-up like that, I can't wait to get them.

They're a bit glidier than wizards too. I like wizards, but that lack of glide gives me fits sometimes so I prefer something with just a touch more to it. These have a similar flight, but maybe a touch straighter and more glide.

I got 3 174g 350g Pa3s today. I had really good time with them on the field. Absolutely killer driving putters and putting was fun too. Slightly lower profile than other beaded puters and it the reason it's the best beaded putter I've ever tried.

I believe many Prodigy pros will switch to Pa3.

I will defintelly bag these.

It seems good. I threw a bunch, putted a bunch. They do ding up in the 350G showing little white marks (on the pink and gray discs) But it doesn't really indent, just shows a ding. But once they are all seasoned and broken in, I think they will be fantastic putters. I am likely getting one. But I already have a ton of Pa4s and Pa1s and I am happy with them.

hmm... i think i need to pick one of these up soon.

Which one of you DNians decided you wanted my white max weights before they could fill my order making me settle for red 174s? :mad:

:(

Yeah the 174-75 went fast and were limited. Had some of you guys place simultaneous orders

Sorry that happened dude!

I got mine today. It's shallower than I expected. The flight plate dips in like a Yeti. I threw a couple putts with them and liked what I saw. I typically use a Wizard or KC Aviar. It is very straight on putts, even when released on a hyzer. It cut through a head wind well enough, when released flat. The grip is nice, and the plastic is plenty firm. Not sure if they're gonna be my main putters, but I think this is their best putter so far.

Exactly. When I first picked this up I thought "blunt nosed Yeti Pro Aviar". For me, this is a better putter then the Yeti simply because it has a little less glide, which for me means less chance for the wind to pick up up and make it glide past the basket if I miss. This won't replace my Yeti as an approach disc (best approach disc I've ever thrown), but it just may be my new go-to putter. If you like slightly larger putters with a bead, this is a great choice.

My only concern with the Pa3 is the 350g plastic. It feels great, but after only a few rounds it's nicked up quite a bit. It looks like I've thrown it more than some of my older putters. Hopefully they'll get that figured out for a future run.

Exactly. When I first picked this up I thought "blunt nosed Yeti Pro Aviar". For me, this is a better putter then the Yeti simply because it has a little less glide, which for me means less chance for the wind to pick up up and make it glide past the basket if I miss. This won't replace my Yeti as an approach disc (best approach disc I've ever thrown), but it just may be my new go-to putter. If you like slightly larger putters with a bead, this is a great choice.

My only concern with the Pa3 is the 350g plastic. It feels great, but after only a few rounds it's nicked up quite a bit. It looks like I've thrown it more than some of my older putters. Hopefully they'll get that figured out for a future run.

I had mine 350G PA1 for a couple of weeks with some solid hits on trees
and slides on asphalt and they only got cosmetic marks, not deep gauges.
Nothing more than KC Pro plastic.
My only concern is how well it holds on to its stability, since Im planing to
cycle the M2 when it arrives in 350G.

...My only concern with the Pa3 is the 350g plastic. It feels great, but after only a few rounds it's nicked up quite a bit. It looks like I've thrown it more than some of my older putters. Hopefully they'll get that figured out for a future run.

Took this beauty out for a spin today.
PA3_zps1f6ac2ae.jpg

This is after 27 holes at the gravel pit I use to test all slow discs comparing it to my Opto Pure. This is just the worst of it.
PA3-Damage_zpsef13853f.jpg

This is after 27 holes at the gravel pit I use to test all slow discs comparing it to my Opto Pure. This is just the worst of it.
PA3-Damage_zpsef13853f.jpg

Wow! You must hit a sharp object with a full power throw there. That is a deep scar.
I threw a 40 putt at the edge of the numberplate and only dinged it a little, hardly noticeable. I think (hope) this plastic is on par with KC Pro.

Wow! You must hit a sharp object with a full power throw there. That is a deep scar.
I threw a 40 putt at the edge of the numberplate and only dinged it a little, hardly noticeable. I think (hope) this plastic is on par with KC Pro.

It happened when hitting the ground on a 145' hole.

I've tested a lot of discs at that course, and this is the first to chunk like this in 27 holes.