• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Salient Ember shows the Catalyst its tailights

tbird888

Salient Disc Test Team
Here's what I know...

I can also confirm that our 20 disc bag will have the same side pockets as Helix for storage and come complete with:

1000d Cordura
Bottom Rails
Rain fly included
Price $125 plus shipping

I own a Helix, and it's built like a tank. Hopefully this is being produced with the same attention to detail. The extra bells and whistles in the Helix's side pockets is a huge plus. I like the Go Get It Slot redesign. Looks like it has two handles (top and strap) too.

The Ember
IMG9540093908537093_zps9d360c26.jpg

IMG9540099418191153_zps2652b6d5.jpg

IMG9540103835749277_zpsd6dea163.jpg

IMG9540108631727817_zpsdda74a9d.jpg

Nice title tbird. The Ember is being built by the same people who built the helix with the same attention to detail as the helix. The Ember is the Helix mini me.

Same soft top pocket too?

The proto it is not but we are making sure for the production run it is felt lined. Also a little piece of info is that the top pocket is not wide enough for a disc. It will be strictly a valuables pocket or a small water bladder pocket.

Looks awesome! My Helix is great for tournaments and trips. This looks like it would be nice for casual and hot rounds out here.

There are 16 in the main compartment in the pics. On a 2 mid to 3 driver conversion, it looks like you could get around 18-20 drivers in there.

And included rain fly

more discs/storage in general really with 20 being around the max and the side pockets are the same as the helix bag. I also believe the back padding was upgraded compared to catalyst but Scott will have to confirm that.

some additional points from another thread:

2. We will be removing the small side pockets and the vertical pocket and will be replacing it with the side storage from the Helix.

3. I know a big complaint with the Catalyst was that we did not make the best use of the upper storage of the bag. We have now changed the design and made the very top a bit more rectangular and added in a full zipper to make the top of the bag a big pocket similar to the Helix but the zipper may be a bit bigger on Ember.

4. The top plastic handle has been removed as we will be using the straps from the Helix which integrates the handle into the straps.

5. The go get it slot will now be a zipper pocket instead of velcro so the pocket will be able to zip up with discs in it.

6. The bag will also now include 2 rails on the bottom instead of the rubber feet to better protect the base and keep the bottom clean and dry.

OneMile- I believe the 10-15 disc smaller streamlined bag is set to be released before the Winter hits.

more discs/storage in general really with 20 being around the max and the side pockets are the same as the helix bag. I also believe the back padding was upgraded compared to catalyst but Scott will have to confirm that.

I think the biggest thing though, is they are not making you purchase a separate rainfly.