• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New SoCal Private Course?

Apothecary

Banned
Gold level trusted reviewer
Played a course north of LA today and on the bulletin board was this cryptic pic:

picture.php

had an address on it, which i removed. i know the area and its a really rugged spot for a course.

anyone know anything about it? was it a temporary tourney course? how does one make arrangements to play?

any info you would provide would be invaluable.

TIA!:hfive:

I work pretty close to Agoura Hills. Did you get any new info yet?

A guy named Bill (who plays at Sylmar daily) lives in one of the houses in the picture. The course is on his neighbors property. He invited me to go this week, but I have so many things to do before the 5th (when I go back to NC). The course has 3 baskets with 9 tee-pads and he said the longest hole was 310 and the shortest was 130.
That's all I know.
DSCJNKY

How cool. I know it's sad, but I feel like a low-level mobster with a bit of inside information. WE need a DGCR witness protection program.

LOL Apoth you really want that course, dont you!!!!

California Disc Golfers crack me up......I would threaten to show the entire picture if they don't let you play! The rest of the disc golf world wants to expose the sport but in Cali you guys are forced to hide it. I love it......I wanna see the misinformation campaign where people inadvertently show up at less than desireable locales.

hell yes i want to play it!

and review it and take pics!!!:D

UPDATE: Visited the address. The man who greeted me at the door said he knows no Bill, but that there is a disc golf course "up the road behind the open garage with the hummer in the driveway". alas, there were neither any hummers nor open garages to be found.

i am sure i was in the right place. the house had a baby blue vw wesfallia parked out front, which is about as disc-golf a car as was ever made. the layout also matched the map.

i guess ol' Bill's neighbors dont want any random dg miscreants marring their ritzy neighboorhood. :\

Well, I know Bill is the person who posted that pic at Sylmar and he pointed out his house to me on the pic... So I don't know why the guy wouldn't have known him???

If you really want to play it I can put you in touch with Bill. He'd probably be more than happy to guide you around it. He also has another Private Course in the Santa Clarita area, which sometimes he invites people to come play. I will be playing his Santa Clarita course on Monday. Consider yourself invited!
DSCJNKY

I would love to be in on this....even though I still kind of suck :)

Poor Apothecary. He just wants to play a cool course. By the time this ends he's going to be tied up naked with a piece of fruit stuffed in his mouth. There will be some mean hippy dude that had a bad reaction to his 'shrooms torturing Apoth with devices that were supposed to be used for pleasure. This is going to have to get made into a movie. It could be 'Disc Fiction'.

hee hee...played a different private course set up by the same guy, bill, the evil genius.

18 holes of torture...the first course ive ever played that i walked away from feeling anything less than a symbiosis.

it was one of my top 5 DG experiences.

DSCJNKY youre the man. thank you so much for letting me tag along. :)

i have a little bit more info on the agoura hills course as well. pm me if youre interested.

it was one of my top 5 DG experiences.

DSCJNKY youre the man. thank you so much for letting me tag along. :)

No problem bro... Glad you enjoyed it!
Next time I'm in Cali we'll hit something else up.
DSCJNKY

Pleeeeease PM me Bill's contact info so I can play these courses. I've heard there's one in Santa Clarita but have never been there. I live only 45 mins N of Santa Clarita and drive to LA to play in the So Cal series.

Latest posts