• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko Calls Foot Fault on Gurthie ... "Don't you shake his hand, bro.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave,

His support point, which includes his left foot, crossed the line (in this case almost a full step) before the release. This is a stance violation.

Unless I understand support point incorrectly?

In any case, his style leaves him susceptible to faulting. He almost releases and steps over simultaneously.

Edit:

If his left foot is a supporting point, which I believe it is, he clearly faults, because the left foot goes beyond the marker before release.

I'm not sure you understand correctly. It is not a "support point" that applies to the left foot in this case, it is:

802.04.B - When the disc is released, a player must:
1 - Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the lie; and,
2 - Have no supporting point in contact with the marker disc or any object (including the playing surface) closer to the target than the rear edge of the marker disc; and,
3 - Have all supporting points in-bounds.

Again, it is too close to call if his left foot is in contact with the ground at the instant the disc leaves his hand. And, the player gets the benefit of the doubt.....tie goes to the runner.

Edit: I see you already quoted this rule after I started working on the post (and got distracted by dinner and bedtime for the kids)

I have never met Nikko, but I did watch the video. The foot fault was obvious, and he called it. I see nothing wrong with the call and it doesn't change my opinion of Nikko at all.

I also didn't get the "don't shake his hand!" vibe at the end.

I think someone is blowing **** out of proportion....

So, if Feldberg's left foot is in the air, at the time of release, it is no longer considered a supporting point, correct? If this is the case, it appears his putt at 18:46 was legal. If his left foot had touched the ground before release, it would have been a fault.

The putt at 09:57 is another questionable one. If it can be determined that his right foot was in the air before release, it's a fault.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I want to know what the official ruling on this would be.

Your understanding is correct.

This one you point out (9:57) does indeed look close, but the branches obscure the release point. So, the officials in Toronto cannot offer assistance to the referee. Goal is good as called......points to center faceoff spot. (In other leagues, pedal pushers would be called as a violation)

attachment.php

Attachments

• FFDFb.jpg
    FFDFb.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
So if you were carded with me in a tourney, would you let me throw from in front of my mark? Would you let me just throw from wherever I wanted to?

The rules are there so everyone plays by the same standards, what is so hard to understand about that?

I think you missed the entire point of my post. I never even said if I was in favor of calling the foul or not. I'll bold key bit this time.

In a game of trying to throw a disc into a basket from a long, long ways away, it makes little sense to spend so much time focused on something so inconsequential as the first 4 inches of a 3600 inch shot.

802.04.B - When the disc is released, a player must:
1 - Have at least one supporting point that is in contact with the lie;

In your first pic of the 09:57 putt, it appears his disc is still in his hand, yet the left foot is barely in the air, leaving no supporting point in contact with the lie...thus, a stance violation.

I think you missed the entire point of my post. I never even said if I was in favor of calling the foul or not. I'll bold key bit this time.

In a game of trying to throw a disc into a basket from a long, long ways away, it makes little sense to spend so much time focused on something so inconsequential as the first 4 inches of a 3600 inch shot.

I did, and I get what you're saying now.....

I suppose my soapbox did get a bit tall there for a minute.:doh:
As I said before, I'm not really a nikko fan, nothing against him, but he doesnt need to be labeled as a snitch for following the rules in calling a violation, nor does any golfer.....and I'm not saying you think he is.....
/rant

I believe the smoking ban only affects majors.

So if you are in the Army and have achieved the rank of Major, you are subject to the smoking ban? That doesn't seem fair. What if you have left the military? Do you have to be currently on active duty, or are retired Majors also affected? If so, what about Colonels and Generals? They were Majors at one time. Does the ban continue to affect them in the same way?

"It looks like it's just some new handshake kids do these days" LOLNo.

I've done just about every type or modification of the 'handshake snap' all the way to the 'handshake hug' and 'handshake dap'... never once have I 'handshake snap'ped someone right off their feet when they were about to turn around and shake someone else's hand.

You can even see Ricky turn around to look at Nikko, just to be tugged the other way by GG.

yeah its pretty obvious that there was some attitude goin around. nikko did sound reluctant to call the ff, and SOCKIBOMB was definitely pulled away from daps with nik. prodigy's team is interesting, so many big egos and they're all forced to be friends while they fight over cash. i think prodigy totally expected to have mcbeth on the team too, but im not sure they thought out having that many big names under one roof in such an individualist sport.

Dave,

His support point, which includes his left foot, crossed the line (in this case almost a full step) before the release. This is a stance violation.

Unless I understand support point incorrectly?

In any case, his style leaves him susceptible to faulting. He almost releases and steps over simultaneously.

Edit:

If his left foot is a supporting point, which I believe it is, he clearly faults, because the left foot goes beyond the marker before release.

a supporting contact has to be touching the ground to be considered a supporting contact.

a supporting contact has to be touching the ground to be considered a supporting contact.

How sad is it that Paul had to say this... obviously if Feldbergs foot is in front of his mini, but in the air, its not a supporting point. How the he¡¡ can anybody support any of their body weight with a foot they are holding off the ground?

How sad is it that Paul had to say this... obviously if Feldbergs foot is in front of his mini, but in the air, its not a supporting point. How the he¡¡ can anybody support any of their body weight with a foot they are holding off the ground?

This is the internet.

Everyone is an expert....

Didn't you read the manual?

:doh:

That is not correct. This rule also prevents you from helping to keep your balance by leaning on a tree, hanging on a limb, etc that are in front of your lie:

800.02 Definitions
Supporting Point

At the time of release, any part of a player's body that is in contact with the playing surface or some other object that provides support.

I think BigSky might not understand how the walk putt works (you can't really see the marker with all the shadows).

Just in case this is the case, DF's left toe is behind the mini (and stays there until after the disc is released). He takes a walking step forward towards the basket and releases the disc just before his right foot makes contact with the playing surface. So, at the time of release, there is only one supporting point and it is on the LOP right behind the marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts