• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Nikko's three disc bag idea

I played a four disc round yesterday after playing a normal round. While I haven't listened to Nikko's AMA, I must say that I learned quite a bit about the few disc's I had to use. Even after playing for 14 years, you can still learn a thing or two from going out with just a couple of mid's and a couple of putter's.

As for a three disc setup, I'd probably recommend going with the following.
Fariway: FD, XL, Leopard
Mid: Cobra, Fuse, Comet
Putter: Warden, Magnet

Last edited:
My answer is usually Ion, Axis, and a driver of some sort. But if I want to score well, I need at least 2 drivers. Heck, I'd probably score better with 3 drivers and nothing else.

I've had some of my best rounds with just an Envy. Consistency is more important for my game than the extra 50' a driver gets me. Not saying drivers aren't important. Low ceiling, needing very OS or US movement on a longer flight are all useful.

For me:
Aviar/Judge max 174+
Lucid Truth174+
GL Saint Pro 170ish

I could probably score as good but probably better with just these three (and may do so in my next round).

For a beginner:
Aviar/Judge/Challenger >170
Lucid or Fuzion Truth around 170
Lightweight Star or Champ Leopard/Valk or lucid/opto Diamond/Breakout <160

I wish I would have picked up a 150 class premium fw driver early on. I bag a few now and they are great for tunnel shots, early round arm warm up shots and checking my form and smoothness.

Felon, felon, felon.

In reality-
Judge
EMac or Compass (trying out the new compass)
Trespass

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For me same as I've said in other threads, Wizard, Envy, River

for beginners?

Also, it's not like the concept is Nikko's idea. A little company called "Innova" has been offering a 3 disc pack to new players for a while now.

DX - Aviar, Shark, Leopard

For me:
Rhyno
Scout/VRoc (not sold on the vroc yet)
Teebird

For a new player:
Aviar P&A
Shark
Leopard

Latest posts