• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No Excuses Disc Golf: Dispelling the Mystery

It'd be nice if they had full pictures with discs in them for some of the bags. Not just one picture here or one picture there - but a few kind of "standard" configurations with several photos of each - closed, open, with discs inside, etc.

It'd be nice if they had full pictures with discs in them for some of the bags. Not just one picture here or one picture there - but a few kind of "standard" configurations with several photos of each - closed, open, with discs inside, etc.

That's tough because they are one-off custom pieces. Once you start dropping your dirty discs into a bag and stretching out a putter pocket, etc. The bag is now used. You don't do that to customers. When you see bags filled with discs from other companies, those specific bags aren't getting shipped to customers. You kind of rely on the customers to get their bags and take pictures. And most of his customers are not big forum/social network types.

I can tell you I'll be posting those pictures with my bag once it's here.

Here's a couple pics of discs in the bags, plus a traditional bag just to show how deep he can go with the putter pockets. And the middle one shows how the bottole holder works with the pill pocket.

Attachments

• 971184_578504618858415_478176419_n.jpg
    971184_578504618858415_478176419_n.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 388923_350327741660277_2070557510_n.jpg
    388923_350327741660277_2070557510_n.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 944282_471228652952667_1329101258_n.jpg
    944282_471228652952667_1329101258_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 292
i want to see a half pack he said it is crunch box size ish. I think im goning to bite the bullet and order blindly

A neat little thing that they do for you is let you watch via Skype when your bag gets put on the table for final assembly. Mine is scheduled to be on the block tonight. I think it'll be interesting.

Here's a video describing his latest 3 bags. You can see that even though all 3 have a similar outside appearance, they all have unique features. I know some people had issues with his YouTube feed and the videos available. Hopefully this is example A of getting on the right track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZExIJ1gYE

I also chuckled when he says he built an optional light saber holder for the Disc Caddie bag, lol.

Those custom touches are pretty sweet. Its got me thinking about what I would want in a NE bag. I Would love a dedicated out of the way area for the hydration bladder. I like the idea of the bottles being close to the center of the bag with pockets on the outside. And a unique theme would be very cool. Maybe X-Files themed? no eXcuses.

But I already have a GM and my Contender2 should arrive this morning, so I don't know when I would be able to go for a custom bag as well. :\

It's done! It's done! He's been sending pictures to my phone all morning so I'll post some when I get to a computer later tonight. Looks great! But I'm biased. You all can be the judge.

Here's a video describing his latest 3 bags. You can see that even though all 3 have a similar outside appearance, they all have unique features. I know some people had issues with his YouTube feed and the videos available. Hopefully this is example A of getting on the right track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZExIJ1gYE

I also chuckled when he says he built an optional light saber holder for the Disc Caddie bag, lol.

holy bulky bag batman.

Here she is, Game Changer 001. What I decided on was moving the pill pocket to the front of the bag. I don't use a lot of storage, nor do I ever carry two water bottles. So this gives me a good solid storage area and bottle holder. Plus I put a mini/pencil pocket on the front of the pill.

Leaving the sides open, I had him put a putter pocket on both sides. These will carry my putters and go-to approach discs. It also makes the bag narrower and sleeker than backpacks that rely on side-pocket storage.

Originally I had asked about vertical storage, seeing as how I really liked my Upper Park Shift but it just wasn't quite enough bag for me. The logistics were going to be too tricky for a one-off bag. So I came up with the idea of adding pockets to the main flap and having the flap zip all the way up. So when the flap is unzipped, it rests against the back and creates 2 vertical pockets. Right now they fit one driver loosely but will fit 2 each after a little use.

The main compartment was built to fit an Innova U-channel divider. So I have variable disc storage there. I can carry light on discs and have the dividers create space for a hoodie, extra towels, beer, etc. Or carry a full compliment of utility/spare discs.

On one side I had him built a zippered phone/wallet pocket, keeping my important stuff off the ground. The other side has a mesh pocket built in for my towel or my iPod speakers. I also had a couple D-rings added on for utility purposes.

The back. Oh my, the back. My geeky little heart sang when it saw the Zelda Hyrule shield. He even added angled layers to give the back piece some serious texture and depth. The straps have 1" webbing down them for my tags and birdie beads.

She also has embroidery work for an 8-Bit DG logo, Game Changer logo, and No Excuses logo all in 8-bit style. I can't wait to get this in my hands so I can load her up and get out on the course. Full video and better pics will be coming soon!

These pics are right off the assembly, so she's still a little ragged. Needs some trim work on the stitching and some overall cleaning up. But I still think it's sexy.

Attachments

• V__B9C0.jpg
    V__B9C0.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 358
  • V__3C04.jpg
    V__3C04.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 366
  • V__CE10.jpg
    V__CE10.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 328
whats the price on a bag like yours

Well, I can only speak to my bag and everything I had done to it. I paid $320 and that's with shipping and he also has a lifetime warranty on the stitching. I would wager with just the two color option, you'd be looking at $250-$275 also shipped with the warranty.

I do realize it's not for everyone. Or even most, for that matter. But I was very pleased throughout the process and the bag is on it's way to me now. I should have hands-on pics and opinions by the end of the week.

You invented the first disc golf bag in history without drink holders?! Do you have water fountains all over your home course?

She got here today (UPS took 9 days, ugh). And I've been tinkering with it to see what she can do. So, here are some pics and initial impressions.

I won't ever use this kind of capacity, but fully loaded, I put 28 discs in there. That still leaves the full front pill for storage.

Which, is pretty neat. in the seconf pic you can see the scorecard slot behind the mini pocket, and the bottle holders on the inside. The back of the top flap just pushes open so you can use the bottle holders.

And just because I couldn't show them from the initial pics, both sides have vinyl loops for towels, beads, etc.

Attachments

• WP_20130826_001.jpg
    WP_20130826_001.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 279
  • WP_20130826_002.jpg
    WP_20130826_002.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 247
  • WP_20130826_003.jpg
    WP_20130826_003.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 239