• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No Excuses Disc Golf: Dispelling the Mystery

Game Changer 005 is near completion. I'm pretty happy that people enjoyed the layout and wanted their own. I have a 1/2 Pack coming to me next week, I know some people were curious about it's viability next to other high-end small bags like the Juju and Revo Mini. I will be sure to do a full review once I get it.

I am also in talks with David about getting a bag made for April. Seeing as I am in Maine there is no rush for me. But unlike you I will be venturing in the comfortable big bag area. I generally carry anywhere from 18-30. Most days closer to 30. So it should be a fun adventure to see what we can come up with.

Game Changer 005 is near completion. I'm pretty happy that people enjoyed the layout and wanted their own. I have a 1/2 Pack coming to me next week, I know some people were curious about it's viability next to other high-end small bags like the Juju and Revo Mini. I will be sure to do a full review once I get it.

That's very cool. Now that my Simian just arrived, I'm already turning my thoughts towards a small-bag compliment on down the road. I look forward to your review!

Do it.

I'm currently in the beginning stages of talking David into designing a disc golf sling bag. A couple other companies have tried to sell a sling, but they were just repurposed bags. I'm looking to design a sling from the ground up built for disc golf. 10-12 in the bag, and a triple putter pocket.

More as it develops.

Sounds awesome. Lots of room in The bag market for new and different designs.
Medium sized back pack with light storage for 150 all day.

Here's a quick peek at No Excuses' 1/2 Pack bags. Capacity-wise, they're right around a Crunch Box. I fit 10 in the main compartment without it being tight (I built the plastic frame inside quickly just to give it some stability on the tall side), and 2 in the putter pocket. The storage is what starts to set it apart from the majority of the small bag market. In the tall side pocket, I can fit a large hoodie. Even with it jammed in there, I still had room for my wallet, keys, and phone. The back panel is actually separated, so you can slide a mini, scorecard, etc. in behind the dark green part. The bottle holder is plenty big enough for a 32 oz. nalgene with a little space around it to spare. If you go with just a regular water bottle, you can even tuck a towel around inside. The main flap also has a pocket in the top for a scorecard or mini.

A normal 1/2 Pack is set up for quads or a single strap. This one is built with a sling strap. I'm using it as a "prototype," if you will, for a slightly bigger sling bag built mostly with this frame in mind.

Obviously, with any No Excuses bag, you can customize your features. Add pencil pockets, dedicated mini pocket, etc. to fit how you prepare for your rounds.

I love the bag. It's really light, comfortable, and great for casual rounds. The sling strap lets me just swing it around the front, grab my putter, and tap in. Whether it's "worth it" is up to you. It would take someone who's really looking for something specific to outweigh the Crunch Box or similar small bag for cheap. This, however, will be perfect for my wife once my sling bag is finished and I use that as my casual bag.

Attachments

• bag2.jpg
    bag2.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 221
  • bag4.jpg
    bag4.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 159
  • bag1.jpg
    bag1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 156
I will say from my own experience that it's been wonderful working with No Excuses. I had a very specific kind of bag that I wanted and he's been so accommodating it's been amazing.

If you want something cheep and quick go get something off a shelf. Custom and quality takes time and money.

If you want something custom, highest quality and exactly what you want in a bag? Then they are the place for you to look.

Would it be probable to get a single color (black) game changer bag with a custom rain fly system for around 2000-250?

I emailed earlier today. Considering getting two bags - one that can take from about 16 to 25 discs (depending on how I use various storage areas, to replace my backpack bags) and one that can take 10-12 discs (to replace my Crunch Box).

We'll see.

I emailed earlier today. Considering getting two bags - one that can take from about 16 to 25 discs (depending on how I use various storage areas, to replace my backpack bags) and one that can take 10-12 discs (to replace my Crunch Box).

We'll see.

Going to be tough to replace a Crunch Box with a custom bag unless money really isn't a concern. 1/2 Packs start at $65 with no extras. The quality is well above Fade and even the smallest bags still get a lifetime warranty on stitching. But still, for a weekend bag or a guest bag, it's tough to convince yourself.

The main reason I'm investing in a new sling back that only fits 12-15 is because that is my normal bag. It will see more use than my Game Changer, which I built to suit my tournament needs.

But, if you play a lot and 10-12 is your normal bag, and you go through a Crunch Box a year...maybe spending $65 for a lifetime bag isn't the worst idea.

Going to be tough to replace a Crunch Box with a custom bag unless money really isn't a concern.

If cost was an issue, I'd use one of the two thousand bags I have now. The only "replacement" concern is "does it hold the same number of discs." 13 at the most with a drink and big pocket for a jacket, gloves, or whatever else I want to throw in there (as much as the CB).

1/2 Packs start at $65 with no extras. The quality is well above Fade and even the smallest bags still get a lifetime warranty on stitching. But still, for a weekend bag or a guest bag, it's tough to convince yourself.

It was not really all that tough. :) Plus there may be a slight discount for ordering two with the same fabrics, patches, etc.

The main reason I'm investing in a new sling back that only fits 12-15 is because that is my normal bag. It will see more use than my Game Changer, which I built to suit my tournament needs.

I'm a bit of the same. You said "investing" but I thought you already had one - that green bag? Are you getting a new one? Still designing it? What's the status? Or do you mean the green one shown up above?

But, if you play a lot and 10-12 is your normal bag, and you go through a Crunch Box a year...maybe spending $65 for a lifetime bag isn't the worst idea.

Maybe I've had my Crunch Box and could use it for another few years, and it's still not a bad idea, because I like having nice things. :) Ideally the smaller bag won't hold 15, though. That's getting a bit sloppy.

Last edited:
I'm a bit of the same. You said "investing" but I thought you already had one - that green bag? Are you getting a new one? Still designing it? What's the status? Or do you mean the green one shown up above?

Maybe I've had my Crunch Box and could use it for another few years, and it's still not a bad idea, because I like having nice things. :) Ideally the smaller bag won't hold 15, though. That's getting a bit sloppy.

lol, I didn't mean you specifically going through a Crunch Box a year. I just know people that do. And I was just pointing out that if someone spends $90 on Crunch Boxes over 3 seasons, it might not really be "more expensive" to spend the extra money up front on a bag that lasts more than 3 seasons.

I do have a 1/2 Pack. It's officially my wife's. It was one of Dave's first attempts at a 1/2 Pack and it was collecting dust so I bought it at a discount. I've designed a different bag, built off the 1/2 Pack model. Slightly bigger, more storage, and a true sling strap. Basically it's a 1/2 Pack on steroids. It's got some unique features I thought up, and I'm pretty excited about it. Its capacity will be right around 15 discs. I'll be doing another video review when I get it and will include a direct comparison to my 1/2 Pack for people's reference.

Slightly bigger, more storage, and a true sling strap. Basically it's a 1/2 Pack on steroids. It's got some unique features I thought up, and I'm pretty excited about it. Its capacity will be right around 15 discs. I'll be doing another video review when I get it and will include a direct comparison to my 1/2 Pack for people's reference.

Do you have any pictures of the mockups or anything?

15 discs might be more than I want to carry. 10-12 is good. 15 may as well be a backpack or something.

Do you have any pictures of the mockups or anything?

15 discs might be more than I want to carry. 10-12 is good. 15 may as well be a backpack or something.

Or something is right, lol. It goes 10-12 in the main compartment and a triple putter pocket. That's where I get 15 from.

I only have the mock-up I designed. I'm not sure how closely the final product will mirror it.

Or something is right, lol. It goes 10-12 in the main compartment and a triple putter pocket. That's where I get 15 from.

That might be okay then. A triple putter pocket? Hopefully it wouldn't be too sloppy with two.

Let's see…
  1. Lace
  2. Rampage
  3. Destroyer
  4. Avenger SS
  5. Amp
  6. Volt
  7. Shock
  8. Buzzz
  9. Buzzz SS
  10. Axis
  11. Tensor
  12. Tangent

A little duplication in the mids, but sometimes I prefer the Discraft stuff, other times the MVP. All that fits in the CB I have.

Anode (approaches) and Wizard to putt. So okay, that could be okay. I'd hope for a velcro divider or two that I could put in there. I'm sure he could probably add those (I'd probably add that to the full backpack version I'd create) for an extra cost. Like the divider in the Crunch Box - a tall divider with some simple velcro on each side.

I only have the mock-up I designed. I'm not sure how closely the final product will mirror it.

I sent you a PM. Not entirely or even mostly about that.

Well, this is just a mock-up. The final product will be pinned down and hopefully getting started in the next week or two.

It's a sling bag. The main opening is the angled 9 1/2" section. The putter pocket is also angled. The purpose for that is because it's a sling-style strap, I can swing the bag around to the front if it's just a tap-in, or I'm picking up a lie, etc. The angle lets the putter pocket and main compartment opening face directly up when it's around front, but still everything stays in when it's on my back or set down.

One side has an angled mini pocket built in and the other has angled pencil pockets. They're angled so that they are easy to reach when the bag is on your back. Likewise, there is a vertical zipper built into the back of the main storage pocket. I can unzip it and get out a towel, or snack, or whatever without taking off the bag.

The whole design of this bag centers on making all the features easily accessible whether the bag is on or off.

The top of the big storage compartment will have a small pouch specifically for my keys, wallet, phone, etc. Whatever I don't want on the ground or mixed in with all my other gear. The top unzips like a normal storage side pocket to get to the pouch, or down into the main storage.

The shorter side storage is huge for a 32 oz bottle, so it will have a separate bottle holder with some useable storage space around it. Use it for a spare towel, birdie bag, etc.

The strap is a fully padded backpack strap with nylon loops for birdie beads, tags, etc. it's sewn right into the top of the bag to help balance instead of a single shoulder strap just clipped on with D-rings.

There will be some tweaks and changes to the final product, I'm sure. But this is what I gave Dave to work with. So let's see how it comes out.

Fear my MSpaint drafting skills.

Attachments

• Rise.jpg
    Rise.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 111
I have been loving my bag!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388374797765.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388374797765.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 168
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388374850754.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388374850754.jpg