• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

I have a question, why did Frank get banned?

He was a real smart ass to me the one time I posted on the other place he's a moderator. :)

Frank's internet persona is a little too "keepin' it real" to be embraced by the majority of this board. He ultimately stirred the pot too many times. He will be missed, if and only if because he made stupid people go bananas. :|

Serious question about putting. (Couldn't decide which putting thread to put it in so here.)

Would this putt at 0:34 be legal inside the circle? He puts his non planted foot in front of the marker before his disc hits/rests. What if you took 3 steps behind your marker and did this? Still legal/illegal?

Last edited:
Would this putt at 0:34 be legal inside the circle? He puts his non planted foot in front of the marker before his disc hits/rests. What if you took 3 steps behind your marker and did this? Still legal/illegal?

Inside the circle that would be illegal (803.04 C). You can only be 30 cm back from your disc/marker (803.04 A).

I use a powergrip when trying to throw far...

I think I kinda just "open" my hand to let go.... Should I still have a decent "grip" on the disc as it leaves? I've been reading/watching about "snap"... Is this how to achieve it?
thanks

I know this has been posted a thousand times, but I couldn't find it. I am thinking about getting an orion ls disc, but don't know that brand's terminology. What are the plastic types? Like can you compare them to discraft or innova?

Last edited:
I know this has been posted a thousand times, but I couldn't find it. I am thinking about getting an orion ls disc, but don't know that brand's terminology. What are the plastic types? Like can you compare them to discraft or innova?

Millennium doesn't have a low base plastic equivalent to Innova and Discraft's lowest base plastic. And Millennium's most basic plastic is called Millennium, which can be confusing. Here's an easy guide.

Innova DX = Discraft Pro D
Millennium Millennium = Innova Pro = Discraft Elite X
Millennium Quantum = Innova Champion = Discraft Elite Z
Millennium Sirius = Innova Star = Discraft ESP

Does anyone "count" their ace race aces?
And what's the BEST way to wash ur DG bag?

I think I remember the general DGCR stance being that it isn't an ace, but do whatever you want! I've only washed my DG bag once (to sell it) and I just put it in a basin and sponged it down :/

:thmbdown:

You replied with a quote just to give it the :thmbdown: emoticon I see...

This thread is useless if people ask questions unrelated to disc golf. Did you see what forums you're using? Disc Golf Course Review. Try to stay on topic and don't ruin it for the people who use this thread constructively.

In order to stay on topic, I'll pose a newbish question. When people say a disc "hyzers out", is this incorrect terminology? I always thought "hyzer" and "anhyzer" were angles of release, and the resulting flight path was described in terms of "turn" and "fade". Or am I missing something? :confused:

You replied with a quote just to give it the :thmbdown: emoticon I see...

This thread is useless if people ask questions unrelated to disc golf. Did you see what forums you're using? Disc Golf Course Review. Try to stay on topic and don't ruin it for the people who use this thread constructively.

In order to stay on topic, I'll pose a newbish question. When people say a disc "hyzers out", is this incorrect terminology? I always thought "hyzer" and "anhyzer" were angles of release, and the resulting flight path was described in terms of "turn" and "fade". Or am I missing something? :confused:
You're right but often those terms are used for lack of a better word. It's just easier to say, for example, a sweeping hyzer rather than a shot that gradually fades.
What is a good driver, for someone who doesn't have a huge arm?
Generally, the slower the better and something in the stable-understable category. Anything from Gazelle, Cyclone, Cheetah, Leopard, Polaris, JLS, TL, Teebird, Eagle, etc. is what I recommend. Now, there's an exception to every rule and if you have big hands you might actually prefer a wider rimmed driver.

Latest posts