• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nuke OS & SS

The OS is pretty unimpressive to me, it's like a less useful force. Not as much glide, not as much stability, The only thing it does better than a force is skip.

Frank Delicious said:
The OS is pretty unimpressive to me, it's like a less useful force. Not as much glide, not as much stability, The only thing it does better than a force is skip.

Matt are you referring to neutral stability or over stability?

I agree with the glide comparisons between force and nuke os but as far as over stability goes, I haven't seen a force anywhere close to the nuke OS. Which OS are you testing? I've heard the ESP's are not as stable.

I have a z 170 Nuke OS and it is def less stable than my main Z force in the same weight. Could be sample size since I only have one.

all the NUKE OS that I tested at the shop have been uber beefy. Definitely shorter than a Force/Xcal type disc. I really am curious if they intended to make it this stable

zj1002 said:
maybe you got what they intended?
If so, they missed with most of the ones out there.
NoLifeLeft said:
Mine is more stable than my C-PD2s. Like a faster Spirit for me.
After more testing I too believe that the OS is more stable than my C-PD2s. At my distances they both fly just as overstable, but from what I've seen the OS stays more overstable when cannon arms are throwing them.

My Nuke OS begins fading earlier than my PD2s and has less glide but yields about the same distance because of its speed.

NoLifeLeft said:
My Nuke OS begins fading earlier than my PD2s and has less glide but yields about the same distance because of its speed.
The distance was indeed identical for me for the reasons you mentioned, but I didn't really notice them fading earlier. What C-PD2s are you throwing?

Regular production. My C-PD2 fades in the last 1/3-1/4 of its flight, my Nuke OS starts about half way. Think Pred vs Spirit for flight path.

My Nuke OS will pull itself out of a roller angle without an incredible amount of air under it.

I throw blue EO C-PD2s that definitely try to fade almost as soon as they leave my hand.

I haven't paid much attention to dg in the last 9 months (work).

Can someone compare a Z Nuke OS to a Champ XCal for me? is there much/any difference?

StumperTX said:
I haven't payed much attention to dg in the last 9 months (work).

Can someone compare a Z Nuke OS to a Champ XCal for me? is there much/any difference?

There is a lot of difference. The Z nukeOS is honestly 4-5 points faster than the Xcal. It's probably at least a point faster than any other disc imo. It's also a little more HSS to go along with the speed. Despite this, it definitely goes farther than the champ xcal, and is a lot more trustworthy to give a bunch of anny on a hard release and know it will come back. The NukeOS is unphased by winds under 20mph, and in more wind than that it does see a touch of high speed turn, but it doesn't have too much glide, so it's very manageable. Basically I think the Champ Xcal is poop compared to the Z NukeOS. The NukeOS is a badassmotherfucker of a disc.

theyre apples and oranges. z nuke os is a fast distance driver where the xcal is a fairway and they both fly as such. no use comparing them beyond recognizing that theyre not in the same category. they dont have much in common besides being generally overstable.

Apothecary said:
theyre apples and oranges. z nuke ss is a fast distance driver where the xcal is a fairway and they both fly as such. no use comparing them beyond recognizing that theyre not in the same category. they dont have much in common besides being generally overstable.

I don't consider speed sensitive, 2.3cm rim width discs fairway drivers.

Apothecary said:
theyre apples and oranges. z nuke ss is a fast distance driver where the xcal is a fairway and they both fly as such. no use comparing them beyond recognizing that theyre not in the same category. they dont have much in common besides being generally overstable.
Am I wrong to assume you mean OS, and also, are you saying the xcal is the new banshee? Or did you mean something else by fairway?

derp. you are correct in assuming i meant the nuke os. thanks for the catch.

is the xcal 2.3cm? its been a while since ive thrown one but i remember them being MUCH slower (and with more turn) than the nuke os.

Latest posts