• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NutSac Bag

Anyone have any issue with the bottle carrier that comes sewn onto the double nutsac? It fits the 16.9 oz water bottles (from the store) fine and a 12 oz bottle of beer fine. But, the smaller Gatorade bottle just barely fits if you spend 2 1/2 minutes jamming it in it. If I get it jammed in there I have to end up drinking from the bag and tipping the whole thing back :eek:

I tried stretching out the pocket with the porcelain Starbucks coffee cups, but it didn't seem to help that damn holder is built too strong for its own good?

Anyone modify or cut the bottle holder to fit bigger drinks (Gatorade)? Also, WHY is it sewn on sideways?! Haha

Heya @iDiscGolf. Last year we updated the Double NutSac to include a much bigger water bottle holder. And it's now in the vertical orientation. The new holster will hold a 22ouncer, a wine bottle, or a big water bottle (not all at the same time, lol).

We also put a big front pocket on both the Single and Double. Big enough for a putter or a couple of extra drivers.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]. And thanks so much for supporting NutSac :)

Cheers!
~g

I have the OG Nutsac with no mods except I've sewn 'Moose' to the flap and reenforced the straps.

It's been with me to 12 States and is a fantastic little bag, especially for when I just need to throw 3-5 discs in my laptop bag.

My 6 year old uses it a lot, and it's fun to see her bopping around the course with the little bag full of pink and purple discs.

You guys have done it right.

Honestly I need a new laptop bag, my fossil one is wearing out. Not quite as durable as the old Sac!

Heya Moose33,

Wow! Thanks for the kind words. You absolutely made my day!

Good news! If you can hold off on replacing your Fossil, we'll have a Roll-Top Messenger bag for you in June. And a Man-Purse too. After 5 years, we are finally growing up NutSac with a new line of mens/unisex everyday carry bags. They'll be made in waxed canvas with leather trim. Sweet :)

We're doing a Kickstarter in May or June. We definitely need help getting the word out. If you're so inclined, please join our mailing list to help us amplify the launch of our KS. Here is the link: http://www.nutsacbags.com/kickstarter/

Thanks much! If you have any questions, please let me know. And as soon as I get pics of the next round or prototypes I'll post them on FB.

Cheers!
~g

Double NutSac is great for 8-10 discs, hand stiched in Coravalis OR. Love mine.

I used a Nutsac for a while before getting my Revo. I used an old laptop bag strap, cut off the clip that attaches to the end, then looped it through the strap on the Nutsac. That way I could put a carabiner on it, then clip my water bottle to the caribiner.

It worked alright but you have to watch out for the bottle swinging around some, or else you might slap yourself in the... well nutsac. Happened a couple of times before I started carrying it differently.

Heya Moose33,

Wow! Thanks for the kind words. You absolutely made my day!

Good news! If you can hold off on replacing your Fossil, we'll have a Roll-Top Messenger bag for you in June. And a Man-Purse too. After 5 years, we are finally growing up NutSac with a new line of mens/unisex everyday carry bags. They'll be made in waxed canvas with leather trim. Sweet :)

We're doing a Kickstarter in May or June. We definitely need help getting the word out. If you're so inclined, please join our mailing list to help us amplify the launch of our KS. Here is the link: http://www.nutsacbags.com/kickstarter/

Thanks much! If you have any questions, please let me know. And as soon as I get pics of the next round or prototypes I'll post them on FB.

Cheers!
~g

Pm me when this is a reality I'm seriously interested. If the messenger bag/man purse is as durable as my single sac I'll buy one and contribute as much as I can to a kickstarter.

Thanks for making my disc journey easier and more fun!

That's awesome! Thanks very much. I will definitely PM you as we get closer. Also feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll send you some pics when we get the next round of prototypes.

Cheers!
~g

Heya @iDiscGolf. Last year we updated the Double NutSac to include a much bigger water bottle holder. And it's now in the vertical orientation. The new holster will hold a 22ouncer, a wine bottle, or a big water bottle (not all at the same time, lol).
The 2.0 double is, IMO, the quintessential disc golf bag for most players. There's certainly a place for bigger bags and backpacks for tournament players, but the overwhelming majority of players need what the 2.0 double is...room for 12 discs, big bottle holder, big pocket for your junk and snacks and durability unmatched in the market.

Heya NumSkul,

The diameter of the new water holder on the NutSac Double 2.0 is 3.25". From what I can find, the diameter of the Gatorade bottle is 3". So, I'm confident that this bottle will easily fit into the new holster.

Cheers!
~g

I don't think that shouldn't be a problem. I've never seen a bottle too tall for the holster. Too wide, yes (like those super fat Nalgene bottles), but not too tall.

Back on the course after 2 years off due to injury and the old school Nutsac still rules.

Looking at maybe turning in my Gorilla Boy for a double Nutsac now.
I usually roll with 6 in my Single Nutsac, which is fine 80-90% of the time. But some other times, 9-10 disks would be nice. I never need the 15-16 I think my Chimp can carry, so it just doesn't get used.

Since I don't foresee ever needing 15 disks on me at one time, and there still are some Dbl Nutsac 1.0 versions out there (that can carry 12), anyone who has carried/seen both version in real life have any strong opinions one way or the other?

Mainly, would I really be gaining much but going with a 2.0 over the 1.0 version if I don't think I'm even going to fill up the 1.0? Also interested in the difference between setups for the drink holder, too.

Thank in advance!

Back on the course after 2 years off due to injury and the old school Nutsac still rules.

Looking at maybe turning in my Gorilla Boy for a double Nutsac now.
I usually roll with 6 in my Single Nutsac, which is fine 80-90% of the time. But some other times, 9-10 disks would be nice. I never need the 15-16 I think my Chimp can carry, so it just doesn't get used.

Since I don't foresee ever needing 15 disks on me at one time, and there still are some Dbl Nutsac 1.0 versions out there (that can carry 12), anyone who has carried/seen both version in real life have any strong opinions one way or the other?

Mainly, would I really be gaining much but going with a 2.0 over the 1.0 version if I don't think I'm even going to fill up the 1.0? Also interested in the difference between setups for the drink holder, too.

Thank in advance!
The 1.0 looks a little sleeker, since that front pocket is so much smaller, but you gain nothing from getting a 1.0 over a 2.0. The 2.0 is the better bag. I think even Greg would say that. The new front pocket has plenty of room for phone/keys/wallet/snacks/whatever and the bigger drink pocket can accomodate many more bottles/cans/whatever than the previous version. Other than that, everything else is pretty much the same. The only reason I still roll with a 1.0 is because I have sewn on patches all over the thing and it's kinda of become a part of my disc golf identity. :p

Yep, I agree with Gennataos, the 2.0 is a better bag :) The improved water holder is great, much more usable.

Latest posts