• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have beat in PDs that are like that but I would like something a little faster and in s line. I have come to dislike c line, champion, or z type discs. They always seem too slick and hard especially in late fall-early spring.

I have beat in PDs that are like that but I would like something a little faster and in s line. I have come to dislike c line, champion, or z type discs. They always seem too slick and hard especially in late fall-early spring.

I would typically agree with that statement in regards to drivers; however, I have no problems with grip with my Champ mids, but that may just be the design. However, the C-line CD2 I just got (I know everyone has to be getting tired of me posting that) grips beautiful. The plastic is really firm but not slick at all.

I had mainly Champion type plastics in my bag at one point but S line PDs made me love the softer more tacky plastics.

I'd love to see Discmania do another run of the R-Proish blend of P-Line MD2's! Just like the first runs that were flat and gummy.

Just a thought...Has there ever been any thought given to sending new discs to forum testers to generate a little more buzz? For example, I am sure there are people who want to take the plunge on the CD2, but are waiting for some more impressions from others. Perhaps getting them out into the hands of people who can comment on them might drive some more sales.

holy **** i'm hyped about these lite baskets, definitely going to buy one when they go on sale.

i only speak for myself, but with the free shipping over $50 as a permanent offer i would purchase much more frequently from the store...

probably more often than i should haha

Any tips on which S-line FDs are more stable? I want to put in a factory store order soon, but I want to make sure I get the most stable S-lines possible! Thanks

new putters just showed up last night. dang they feel great in the hand. I was shocked to see puddle top right out of the box.

Got my C-line CD2 today, going to be tossing it tomorrow when I go play between classes, looking forward to seeing how it flies. I may end up trying a G-line as a US compliment like you mentioned to someone else, but I really do hope that S-line does get to future production. Either way, really like the feel in hand of the CD2, looking forward to tossing it tomorrow.

How did the testing go?

Any plans in the near future of making a destroyer killer? I bag 2 dd2s and a pd2 but there is still that slot right in between that I would love to fill that the PD2 is just a little too overstable for and the dd2s turn too much. Mainly on those 10mph wind days that doesn't justify a PD2 but the dd2 can't stand up to.

We don't have an interest in making a "destroyer killer". That being said, our newest run of S-LINE DD2s are very overstable, even more overstable than our C-LINE DD2s. You can certainly throw these DD2s in the wind.

Hyzer flipping into a headwind in my experience seems to eat up distance and is less consistent than throwing a more stable disc. Thank you for your input. I still want a discmania destroyer...

Try that S-LINE DD2.

I'm thinking G-PD2 might come close...

there is a lot of speculation about the G-PD2. Can you fill me in more on why you think it will be this way? We haven't made it yet so there's no official answer, but discussion is always good.

You should try the C-DD. In my opinion stability is right between DD2 and PD2. No turn in calm conditions and slight drift in headwinds.

Have you guys seen the Jolly Launcher C-LINE DD? theses discs are crazy good looking.

If you want a faster PD, try the DD. We have flat S-LINE DDs on the Discmania Store. They are pretty overstable.

I would typically agree with that statement in regards to drivers; however, I have no problems with grip with my Champ mids, but that may just be the design. However, the C-line CD2 I just got (I know everyone has to be getting tired of me posting that) grips beautiful. The plastic is really firm but not slick at all.

Yeah, we really like that plastic too. It's a very good combonation. The 2014 Jolly Launcher C-LINE MD2s are made of the same plastic.

I had mainly Champion type plastics in my bag at one point but S line PDs made me love the softer more tacky plastics.

That's very good insight. Is it strictly for the grip? We find most people stick with the C-LINE for durability.

So what's the big announcement that is supposed to happen today?

The new basket. This thing grabs discs like nothing we have thrown into before.

New Lite baskets...look pretty sweet, and the price (in Euros, though, I believe) of 49.99 is unbelievable!

:)

I'd love to see Discmania do another run of the R-Proish blend of P-Line MD2's! Just like the first runs that were flat and gummy.

Thank you for the suggestion, We will keep this in mind for future productions.

Just a thought...Has there ever been any thought given to sending new discs to forum testers to generate a little more buzz? For example, I am sure there are people who want to take the plunge on the CD2, but are waiting for some more impressions from others. Perhaps getting them out into the hands of people who can comment on them might drive some more sales.

We have thought about that. Do you guys have any other outlets besides this forum? It makes it a lot easier to commit to something like that if we could get exposure in multiple places.

holy **** i'm hyped about these lite baskets, definitely going to buy one when they go on sale.

They are pretty awesome.

new disc from DM announcing friday.... :)

The P1x. What are you guy's thoughts about this?

better order if you want to try them. I had to pick a different color then what I wanted.

We have restocked these on the Discmania Store.

i only speak for myself, but with the free shipping over $50 as a permanent offer i would purchase much more frequently from the store...

probably more often than i should haha

Thanks for the insight. We will consider more free shipping time periods for the future. For the time being, this is only a temporary deal :)

X-line is xt!? That would be sweet for fd2's

It's a similar plastic to XT.

Any tips on which S-line FDs are more stable? I want to put in a factory store order soon, but I want to make sure I get the most stable S-lines possible! Thanks

For the most part the S-LINE FDs come out very similar. Every now and then we find one that feels harder and "tight" across the dome of the disc. Meaning it doesn't flex as far. These FD's have tested more overstable, but we rarely see them. The S-LINE FD is a pretty constant disc.

Please feel free to comment on what you guys think of the consistency of the S-LINE FD.

new putters just showed up last night. dang they feel great in the hand. I was shocked to see puddle top right out of the box.

Yes the X-LINE has a concave top. This has really proven to be helpful for spin putters and push putters alike. We do not plan on making more discs with this top in the future. But, the people that have helped test the disc stated that concave top really helped them get a better grip on the pinch point. This top to give the player a better grip and gave some of the best results during testing.

Thanks for the questions guys.

What do you think of the new putter?

Let me first say rarintal is possibly the best writer on DGCR- always so professional and thorough. Really impressive because you only need to read posts from everybody else to see it's not an easy job. Besides 150 class p-pds (would love to be able to buy more, cough, cough) being the best driver for ams out there, his posts really make me want to support the company.

At the end of a very long and surely time-consuming post, I think this last sentence fragment was part of a draft that became the sentence prior...:

Yes the X-LINE has a concave top. This has really proven to be helpful for spin putters and push putters alike. We do not plan on making more discs with this top in the future. But, the people that have helped test the disc stated that concave top really helped them get a better grip on the pinch point. This top to give the player a better grip and gave some of the best results during testing.

...which makes me want to clarify that you intended to say you're NOT making more discs with this top in the future?

How did the testing go?

Overall it's a great disc; it
s been my go-to for thumber shots surprisingly. Took it to a course that I played a tourney at and parked a hole with a thumber that I had consistently foured or worse during the tournament (Hole #9 at Timmons Park). Backhand, it's pretty stable, which is about what I would expect with my arm speed. If there's a headwind it'll get a hint of turn, but overall it's a pretty dependable disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.