• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Official Ask Discmania Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discmania is coming out with a putter/mid that's beefy & beadless?!?! I'll definitely be buying a few. I'm excited to see how they compare to my Pigs/MD5s for sidearm shots.

Whats up on those Swirly FD's with the Jackal stamp? Haven't seen them in any shops or online stores and a little hesitant to purchase from DM store sight unseen. Too afraid of getting tan/earth colors again as they tend to be really hard to find against the desert landscape in AZ :(

Jackals are a Discmania store exclusive. Dealers don't have them.

Whats up on those Swirly FD's with the Jackal stamp? Haven't seen them in any shops or online stores and a little hesitant to purchase from DM store sight unseen. Too afraid of getting tan/earth colors again as they tend to be really hard to find against the desert landscape in AZ :(

I rolled the dice and I'm very happy with what I got (see attached picture). Like Discmania's description says, they are pretty flat and fly overstable for an FD. I took my S-line out of the bag because I wasn't loving the dome, so I'm hoping this pink one will make the bag after I get used to the flight. Right now it's overlapping a bit with my Royal Rage, but I imagine that will change as it starts to beat in.

Attachments

• jackals.jpg
    jackals.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 62
I didn't get so lucky on the color of my jackal stamped FD. I bought a 168g and besides the color a it's great disc. The extra stability keeps it laser straight if you rip on it, flies very similar to my fav 11x Teebird. I didn't think it had nearly the dump that my slightly seasoned RR still has.

I rolled the dice and I'm very happy with what I got (see attached picture). Like Discmania's description says, they are pretty flat and fly overstable for an FD. I took my S-line out of the bag because I wasn't loving the dome, so I'm hoping this pink one will make the bag after I get used to the flight. Right now it's overlapping a bit with my Royal Rage, but I imagine that will change as it starts to beat in.

Mine got lost in the mail for a few days, but you got my hopes up seeing how bright yours were. I got two brown ones. The one is puke green inside of a brown ring. Hopefully they fly well enough that the color won't matter. If Innova or discmania offered the feel of the swirly plastic in normal colors I would buy that so fast.

I didn't get so lucky on the color of my jackal stamped FD. I bought a 168g and besides the color a it's great disc.

From what I've seen, all of the lighter weights were pretty ugly colors. All of the pretty one's I've seen have been heavier.

Are D-Line P1s going OOP?

According to the official discontinue release, only C and S line are going OOP in the P1.

Mine got lost in the mail for a few days, but you got my hopes up seeing how bright yours were. I got two brown ones. The one is puke green inside of a brown ring. Hopefully they fly well enough that the color won't matter. If Innova or discmania offered the feel of the swirly plastic in normal colors I would buy that so fast.

Set them out in the sun for a few days and they might lighten up. I had a brown turn into a grey after 3 days in the direct outdoor sun.

fd2want.gif

THE MOB DEMANDS IT!

The website shows the FD2 coming out in July. We are almost there. I kid of course, but am a little surprised that they never updated their webpage when that date came and went.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 12.07.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 12.07.24 PM.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 38
@Discmania Support, will you fill us in on what happened with the FD2? Obviously something went off-track.

Did the first run just come out too overstable, or not to your liking? Will we see the same first run discs that are available in Europe here in the States, or are you just jumping straight to the second run for US customers? I'm just spit-balling hypothesis, and would much rather get real support and answers from the source.

Discmania Support Reply

I was excited for the October Ghouls today and picked up some jackals. Can you give us some hints on what to look forward to with the Mystery Boxes? I know we are a little early, but it's never too early to ask.

A fine question indeed. Same sweet sweet recipe as usual. New thing, killer artwork, new thing? I know, that's super specific. These should be the best ones so far.

When those swirly md5's coming out that Niko had at the headquarters?

Swirl MD5, coined as "Not-So-Swirly MD5" will be available next Friday November 15. There are some nice ones for sure but what these lack in cosmetic appeal will surely be made up by the flight. Hands down the most overstable MD5 made to date. And flat, too!

@Discmania Support, will you fill us in on what happened with the FD2? Obviously something went off-track.

Did the first run just come out too overstable, or not to your liking? Will we see the same first run discs that are available in Europe here in the States, or are you just jumping straight to the second run for US customers? I'm just spit-balling hypothesis, and would much rather get real support and answers from the source.

FD2 will be released fairly soon. We had to choose some battles with disc purchases and elected to push the FD2 back a bit. The flight on these is (are?) superb though. Ouch, grammar. We like 'em, okay?!

Any chance of Stiff P-Line P3X's or luster P3X's

No particular plans for those just yet. We've got a good disc in this neighborhood coming this year though that might just seal the deal.

No particular plans for those just yet. We've got a good disc in this neighborhood coming this year though that might just seal the deal.

Unless this new disc is a clone of the BB aviar or P3X then it will not seal the deal. If I wanted a zone or harp clone then I would just throw a zone or a harp.

FD2 will be released fairly soon. We had to choose some battles with disc purchases and elected to push the FD2 back a bit. The flight on these is (are?) superb though. Ouch, grammar. We like 'em, okay?!

I'll believe the flight is superb if they are ever actually released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts