• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official Discraft ZONE Thread

My pink Ti has a tiny dome in the center. It is less aggressively OS than my ESPs.

Is it the same Crystal FLX as the old runs?

These are my only Crystal or Crystal FLX discs, so no idea. They look like a much more translucent Z, but have similar but slightly more flex than MVP Neutron or Westside Tournament.

I picked up a Ledgestone Cryztal FLX when they were released so I could have a winter Zone since I think the ESP ones feel very slick and holy crap have I been loving this thing. Mine is very flat to maybe slightly concave and it seems nice and OS to me. I've been liking it so much that's why I've been asking about the Ti. I'm worried that the FLX might be too soft in the middle of the summer so I want to find one that's slightly stiffer to bag during the hot months.

Love the new CrZ Flx but really no zone holds a torch to the first one I picked up. LE Z, candy apple green, pretty dang concave, hard/stiff plastic(keep your pants on), and more hoggish than any other I've tried. Got it off the eBay before the hype for like $13. By the time I put in in the bag and got enough test throws 8ish months later, it was too late to snag any more of them at that kind of price. I was fortunate enough to grab another form PIF that is a hot ass pink LE Z but even that isn't quite as hard or concave as the green. The pink Ledgestones seem to be the least gummy and most concave so I like those the best of that run and have been throwing the sh*t out of the one in my bag.

Both my Crzytal FLX's are board flat, one I use now slightly concave
One Ti has tiny dome, other is board flat.

The Ti looks and feels like pearly 11x KC Pro plastic... Super sweet. Maybe a touch slicker. Not as resistant to scuffs and dings though.

Off the Tee, Ti for me
Approaches, CFLX no skip, ESP skip

Zones FTW.

The only mold in my bag that I absolutely cannot replace. Just nothing else like it. Well, I lied....I could say the same about Wizards but we won't go there. I'm pretty much a surgeon with a Zone for any FH shot under 250ft.

I used to throw the Z's and Cryztal Z's but once they started hitting $30+ to replace I went to the ESP's. Just as flat/concave and OS in my opinion. Maybe a little more skip but it's hard to say...that can be controlled with a little height or angle. It's sad to hear that the mold has possibly changed. I need to stock up on the good ESP's.

Just getting a taste of the Zone recently. Long time Drone advocate, I have been finding that the Zone has been capable of more or less everything that my Drone was but slightly easier to range with the slower speed.

Been really enjoying my blue, max weight ledgestone. (I'm a Cryztal FLX whore) but I do still sometimes shove a Drone in the bag depending on the course or wind conditions. Anybody else bother to carry a beefy mid in conjunction with the zone?

I hear you there. Also why my Opto Pures see a large amount more use than my mids the past few seasons. And have dropped my scores.

But that is also, of course, suspect to course design.

I lost my last ESP Zone last month, and the only other Zone I owned was a Cryztal Z, concave, neon yellow. At first, I was bummed it was way more overstable than my flat, hard, blue ESP Zones that I loved and were perfectly seasoned, but now I love it for it's own flight. I can throw it FH hard and work the same lines as my 11x FB, but shorter distances.

On a side note, if anyone reading this has a cryztal z zone or flat, blue ESP Zone they'd consider parting with, let me know, please!

Any info on those LE Midnight and Glo Zones? Were these released together in a small run, via DynamicDiscs.net or something? I know Z Comets had something like this.

The Glo I have feels $$$, almost chalky, slightly concave, and bombs, for a Zone. Played league last week and Doubles partner had 2 black ones, same stamp style, but Obsidian Black. Where are these gems hiding???

Just getting a taste of the Zone recently. Long time Drone advocate, I have been finding that the Zone has been capable of more or less everything that my Drone was but slightly easier to range with the slower speed.

Been really enjoying my blue, max weight ledgestone. (I'm a Cryztal FLX whore) but I do still sometimes shove a Drone in the bag depending on the course or wind conditions. Anybody else bother to carry a beefy mid in conjunction with the zone?

No beefy mid here. Zone goes so far with ease I jump from it to the Firebird. It's one of the only discs I've never taken out of my bag or even questioned if should be in there. Its the best in class for what it does time and time again.

No beefy mid here. Zone goes so far with ease I jump from it to the Firebird. It's one of the only discs I've never taken out of my bag or even questioned if should be in there. Its the best in class for what it does time and time again.

Me too, exactly. Zone, no midrange beef, Firebird.

Me too, exactly. Zone, no midrange beef, Firebird.

Same here. I think that's a pretty popular setup. I dropped my FAF because it was too short and I never reached for it anymore.

I've got a question for you fine fellows. Why do you prefer the Zone over any other OS putter? I mean, I bag a Zone but I have honestly not had any experience with other OS putters. I am just curious as to why all the fanatics choose the Zone over other discs.

I've got a question for you fine fellows. Why do you prefer the Zone over any other OS putter? I mean, I bag a Zone but I have honestly not had any experience with other OS putters. I am just curious as to why all the fanatics choose the Zone over other discs.

I don't choose it OVER other OS putters. Or other OS discs in general.

I carry a Scale for Wizard OS duty, but it is no Zone. Scale will hit and stick and can be thrown hard to just dump off and land. Zone will go left, and then it will skip left too. But there is too much room between a Zone and an FB, so I throw a Beefy San Marino Q Sentinel -- it is long for a mid, but not quite fairway long and it goes straight to HARD fade with a skip. FB is Driver long with a hard fade then a skip. All four have necessary roles to play in my bag.