• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Official MVP Q&A - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Neutron plastic take over as the launch material from Proton? Marketing (ie second launch in different plastic later) or is there something about Neutron that is easier in the manufacturing process (other than the generic stamp motif for Neutron discs vs artwork for Proton?)

One of the most popular complaints about your discs is that they are hard to grip when weather conditions are not ideal. Are there plans in the future to address this issue?

One of the most popular complaints about your discs is that they are hard to grip when weather conditions are not ideal. Are there plans in the future to address this issue?

I'd like to add to this and ask if you've ever considered bringing back the textured bottoms? I actually have a DX Roc and Teebird on stand by for rainy days because I have a problem with my Volts and Tangents slipping out when they get too wet.

I'd like to add to this and ask if you've ever considered bringing back the textured bottoms? I actually have a DX Roc and Teebird on stand by for rainy days because I have a problem with my Volts and Tangents slipping out when they get too wet.

Thirded. The reason I asked the question above is because my Neutron Tangent is almost greasy slippery at times. With Proton this isn't as noticeable in my experience.

As a teacher with a sciene background, I have always loved the Histroy Channel's show, "How It's Made." It's nice to see how a product is developed behind the scenes from paper to finished product.

I know you have a basic molding process vid on youtube, but have you ever considered a behind the secens documentary on the developement of a new disc from conceptual designs, testing, to finished product with comments from the staff and team members? (without giving out any secrets of course)

It would make a great teaser before announcing a finished product, and give dgers a more personal insight that the other larger compines have neglected.

As a teacher with a sciene background, I have always loved the Histroy Channel's show, "How It's Made." It's nice to see how a product is developed behind the scenes from paper to finished product.

I know you have a basic molding process vid on youtube, but have you ever considered a behind the secens documentary on the developement of a new disc from conceptual designs, testing, to finished product with comments from the staff and team members? (without giving out any secrets of course)

It would make a great teaser before announcing a finished product, and give dgers a more personal insight that the other larger compines have neglected.

I like this idea a lot.:thmbup:

Who is Axiom? Is it the original MVP founders, Chad and Brad? Or is it more than that?

New MVP'er

I am buying some MVP discs today and cant wait to throw them. I have a few questions:

1. It's been a few years since the MVP line has come out and still no Distance Drivers...is this the business model/plan you guys are using or are you having issues creating reliable distance drivers with the molds and plastics you use?

2. Is a MVP Team in the works?

3. Do you guys plan to make bags and feature the overmold idea for a base or core?

The AxiomDiscs.com site shows rim and core variations, but, there's been a recent appearance of a swirled overmold in the hands of a very well-known tester on these forums...

...<cough>MikeC</cough>...

Will swirled overmolds going be a staple in the Axiom Discs line? ...or, is this just a rare production variant as colors are run off the line?

I'm excited that MVP is bringing different color variations to their overmold through Axiom. With the release of Envy and Alias, when can we expect the rest of the line up to be filled out? I'm specifically looking forward to Axiom's fairway drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.