• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Official: Z NUKE testing

I've thrown multiple Z and ESP nukes. All the Z ones I've thrown are stable imo. They flip just a little and of course will come back. Once they beat in they may not come back but at the moment they throw like a new pro destroyer. I prefer throwing a Pro destroy over a Z nuke. The ESP's are somewhat flippy and get quite flippy as they age. My nuke is pretty stable but a buddy of mine's esp nuke is beat to hell and will flip and never come back. Both forehand and backhand I would still much rather throw something I can grip better. I have problems with the wide and deep rim, the katana and boss fit better for me. The Z nuke feels a little better and does great for my forehands, once a Z nuke beats in I think it would be a really huge forehand bomber.

As of now, these do nothing my Pro or echo star destroyers won't do with more consistency.

I would really like to see an eliteX nuke for maximum speed hyzerflips and anhyzers.

Got mine yesterday. Havent thrown them yet but my 172 orange ones real nice and gummy and grippier than my 174 purple which is stiffer and slicker.

Two weeks in

Got a pink Z nuke in 172 2 weeks ago. Have only thrown it a little bit but it
seems like a winner.

I liken the Z nuke in limited throwing to a Pro Destroyer (beat in a bit) in base flight charachterisitcs. If you throw the Nuke like you would a destroyer it will go for miles. It will fly longer than a destroyer. Not as good in the wind I'm guessing though.

This disc will stay in my bag. Not sure if I like the Pro Destroyer better as the grip is just so nice.

As I suspected. You CAN buy distance.

A stable disc with super long flight. It seems to just pull itself forward when you get the right release. Predictable fade.

Are people expecting Glo Z Nukes to be better like Glo Stalkers are slightly better than normal Stalkers? Otherwise, I do not see the practicality of a disc that only glows well enough to be seen when you are within 100-150 feet of it and you are intending to throw it more than 350 to 400.

I have a glo Champ Destroyer and no matter how long I charge it with my UV flashlight, when I throw it, if it hits any patch of light I lose sight of it.

Having a Glo Z Nuke might be a fun novelty item, but for a serious night round, I like my drivers that have a Black Jax pod attached. You can see those things for miles, especially the green color.

Latest posts