• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

OKTHROWBERFEST 2014 -- DGCR's 6th annual disc dyeing contest!

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer

14816948653_04bbe9fee8_o.png

----- DGCourseReview's 6th Annual Okthrowberfest -----

The best dyers. The biggest payout. Hands down the best annual disc golf dye contest anywhere!

--- click here to see last year's entries and results ---

Thanks to the generosity of individual donors and INCREDIBLE support from some of the biggest names in our sport, this year's total payout value is already over
ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!

All you need to do to enter is to dye a disc with your interpretation of what you think OKTHROWBERFEST could represent -- the changing seasons, the scariest of Halloween horrors, German beer festivals -- use your imagination!

Anyone can enter -- maximum TWO entries.

No sharpie art, paint, etc -- All discs entered must be a legally dyed disc(no added weight).

Submit your dyes by sending an email to [email protected] with the title "Okthrowberfest entry".
Please include:
-- a clean and clear picture of your disc,
-- the title of your entry,
-- your DGCR name,
-- your real name,
-- your address to ship prizes to.

Entries will be finalized Sunday, October 19th, at Midnight EASTERN, followerd by one week of voting through an open thread to determine the winners.

Please keep in mind, there is NO ENTRY FEE. This contest is supported and made possible by the generosity of individual donors and some incredible sponsors, including Gateway, Legacy, Prodigy, Innova, Dynamic Discs, Disc Golf 365, Disc Golf Center, Skulboy Designs, Community Discs, inbounds, and more! Please support those who support dyers and the contest! (full sponsorship list and detail will be posted with the dyes after the entry deadline)

15103203200_5fac0cb5f7_o.png

Payout will stretch deep into the field, as always! Top three voted entries will win largest payouts, but many more will win some great new dyeable plastic! Everyone who enters is guaranteed to win something!

In addition, three lucky entrants will win a disc of choice out of my personal dye inventory -- Three winners will be chosen at random, and will have a plethora of fantastic dye canvasses to choose from, including but not limited to:
Cryztal clears,
uber pearly white Champion/ Z discs,
snow white Star/ESP,
bottom-stamps,
all variations of glow plastic

Get your fingers flexed and your blades sharpened --- I have no doubt that year SIX will be the best Okthrowberfest we've ever seen!

SEND YOUR ENTRY/S IN AN EMAIL TO [email protected] BY MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19th--- I will post them all together after the deadline so everybody can vote on them all at once.

Don't go chucking up your entries in the Dye-A-Day thread!

GOOD LUCK!

We still have more sponsors and donations coming in --- I will be listing a FULL PRIZE LIST and FULL SPONSOR LIST at the start of October, just after the USDGC.

Please thank and support the people and companies that support Okthrowberfest --- they help make this contest as great as the artists do!

Over a thousand $$$$$'s, good gawd!!! Bennett, you ROCK.

It's a rough estimate, probably looking at close to $1,300 or even more by the time everything is in. Definitely well over 1K as it stands right now. I will provide a full payout list once complete, and then you can do the math :)

Already have one entry in, which makes me VERY happy to have entries in early! If it's any indication of things to come, this year is gonna ROCKTHROWBER!

so pumped for this! i already regret not just using my LE disc I'm offering this year... the art was just so sweet... guess ill have to one up it! thank you all who sponsored... I'm so excited for this!

Dyeable plastic procured. Now to find the time! :\

Thanks for all your hard work Bennett, and to all the sponsors!:hfive:

Peace,
-Jeff

Send the contest as far as you can! Get every dyer you know to this page, throw the link up on your Facebooks, Twitters, and whatevers! A little help spreading the word goes a long way!

Excited to give it another go this year. Sharpen your blades gents for the battle has begun! Best of luck to all the amazing dyers this year and I'm excited to see what everyone comes up with.

Just got home to even more INCREDIBLE donations....You may think I'm exagerrating, but seriously, you're going to FLIP when you see all the amazing prizes going to the dyers this year!

Can't wait to post the full prize list! All of you are going to
566.gif

EVEN MORE prizes came in today! And more are on the way from a premier sponsor!

Almost completely set with the prize pool! Waiting on one more package and then whatever gets donated from the promised pros at the USDGC!
I will likely post the prize pool once I get the last package, knowing it's already in the mail.

As it sits right now, we're at 88 discs in the prize pool --- that's JUST discs, not counting the miscellaneous random AWESOMENESS including bags, shirts, new shoes, custom minis, gift certificates, and more!

PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHO DYES! This is a HUGE payout, even DFL is gonna get some INCREDIBLE prizes!

Don't delay, GET STARTED NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!

PAYOUT!

Head's up, boys and ghouls! Below is your payout for this year's contest!
Will be a few items more than this based on what's given at the USDGC, I will add those after this weekend.
First pic is the grand prizes and the miscellaneous prizes that aren't regular old throwing discs.
Not every entry is equal in value, but in years past, that hasn't seemed to matter to anyone --- in other words, dollar value does not always equate to true value.

If you have any questions about any of these or would like pics of specific items, please let me know and I'll post them here.

15225906408_f861abd2fc_o.png

Second pic is the PLASTIC!
If you donated items 39, 40, and 41, please let me know, I don't have a name attached to these.

These are in no particular order other than when I received them and entered into the excel file.

15412386245_80a94379eb_o.png

Last edited:

Latest posts