• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Okthrowberfest VOTING Thread

Okthrowberfest Winner

• All Hallow’s Eve

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Carrie

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Clown

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • DGCR Headless Horseman

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Flying Spider

• Graveyard

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Headless Horseman 2

• St. Okthrowerberfest Girl

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Predator

• Pumkin Chains

• Pumkinhead

Votes: 30 16.8%
  • Reaper

• Rip the Ripper

Votes: 61 34.1%
  • Scary Night

• Skull on a Glow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Max

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teenage Outcast

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • The Three Spookies

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Unicorn

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Vampire Smilie

• Vampire Teeth

• Zombie Pinup

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Peace out! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

so-long-suckers.jpg

2 years in the making...your plan has come to fruition...congrats.

Great dyes. I had it down to 4 as my top picks.
Maybe you could just use this poll for 1st place and do 2 more for 2nd and 3rd. This way everyone could vote for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place dyes.

As I understand it the poll is to merely pick the top 10 that go on to judging, where certain criteria is examined.
Not sure what all the fuss is about with runaway voting, its not gonna change much.

All in all, some very awesome and original dyes here.
DGCR headless horseman makes great use of coloring to produce a very vivid and original disc... 2 thumbs up!

Agreed. While I love the Ripper disc, nothing about it says "Octhrowberfest" to me, or anything "disc golf" for that matter.
All I see is skateboarding. A truly sweet dye, and an awesome skateboard logo, but it's been done before already on this site. For just a regular dye-off, it's great, but for the themed contest, it doesn't fit my bill.

I love the dyes that show the combination of "theme" plus "disc golf." The Octhrowberfest chick with the beers is excellent, and the only one on here that isn't Halloween-based.

The "Carrie" disc, for example -- great idea, excellent execution, and showing a dead golfer on the golf course, plus the slash in the Innova logo, well-done and thought out.

The DGCR Headless Horseman disc -- the horseman throwing his head at the basket, looks like he's going to notch an ACE!!!

And it's one of only three that actually make mention of "Octhrowberfest" on it(along with Three Spookies and the beer girl). You look at these and KNOW they was for this contest, instead of just another great dye.

i'm with Bennett, i just pictured skateboards when i saw it. but, to those who don't know it's a logo, and think it's a design i'm sure it looks incredible.

not trying to steal who's ever thunder that did it

love the web bleeds on Zombie Pinup, they're just a great touch.

and I gotta try hand painting! not a clue how though

Agreed. While I love the Ripper disc, nothing about it says "Octhrowberfest" to me, or anything "disc golf" for that matter.
All I see is skateboarding. A truly sweet dye, and an awesome skateboard logo, but it's been done before already on this site. For just a regular dye-off, it's great, but for the themed contest, it doesn't fit my bill.

I love the dyes that show the combination of "theme" plus "disc golf." The Octhrowberfest chick with the beers is excellent, and the only one on here that isn't Halloween-based.
^^^ DITTO ^^^
FIRST>>>> WoW...there's some FANTASTIC artwork on all of these...
The contest is the "DGCR Octhrowberfest 2010", for me that should have been the first criteria for a dye to represent what the contest was about. There were only a few dyes that met this criteria. Quite a few have nothing at all to do with Disc Golf and were eliminated by me immediately??? LOVE the "All Hallows Eve, Pumpkinhead, Octhrowberfest Girl, Ripper Etc", but again, no Disc Golf/DGCR/Octhrowberfest theme???

>>>>>I HAD TO GO WITH THE>>>"DGCR HEADLESS HORSEMAN" :thmbup::thmbup:

maybe next year we can add in a requirement that there must be something DG related in the dye, but that wasn't what was posted this year nor last. It was just "whatever Okthrowberfest means to you". While I understand the sentiment, I won't knock the people that did not include DCGR/disc golf/Okthrowberfest.

I do wish Okthrowberfest didn't mean Halloween to so many people, but that isn't here nor there.

Latest posts