• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Okthrowberfest VOTING Thread

Okthrowberfest Winner

• All Hallow’s Eve

Votes: 19 10.6%
  • Carrie

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Clown

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • DGCR Headless Horseman

Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Flying Spider

• Graveyard

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Headless Horseman 2

• St. Okthrowerberfest Girl

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Predator

• Pumkin Chains

• Pumkinhead

Votes: 30 16.8%
  • Reaper

• Rip the Ripper

Votes: 61 34.1%
  • Scary Night

• Skull on a Glow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Max

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teenage Outcast

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • The Three Spookies

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Unicorn

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Vampire Smilie

• Vampire Teeth

• Zombie Pinup

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man, super props to all the dyers out there who submitted stuff, some of these are frickin' sick to the max!!! :thmbup: :cool: :clap:

I especially like the DGCR Headless Horseman, the glow disc ones, and the Teenage Outcast!

The DGCR Headless Horseman disc -- the horseman throwing his head at the basket, looks like he's going to notch an ACE!!!

And it's one of only three that actually make mention of "Octhrowberfest" on it(along with Three Spookies and the beer girl). You look at these and KNOW they was for this contest, instead of just another great dye.

Dyes should be your original interpretation of "Okthrowberfest" which may involve the Fall season, Oktoberfest, and/or Halloween, but you are not limited to these ideas. For alot of us, this is the best time of year for disc golf, so let's see what you've got!

I think all of the discs celebrate okthrowberfest by these guidelines. I think with the contest actually starting the week before and then ending on Halloween is why all of the discs have that halloween feel to them. I agree with Peebody that they are all on discs and therefore discgolf related by default.

I think this is one of the best displays that I've seen of this form of art or technique. My hat is off to all those that submitted dyes. Every one of these is solid.

The marbling on all hallow's eve is flawless. Very artistic piece.

Anywho,
From there, a select panel of DCGR Royalty and Dyers that chose not to take part will decide the First, Second, and Third Place winners.

Just want to point out that I meet all these qualifications. ;)

WOW! you dyers gotz talentz.

I'm now in love with dyed glow discs.

I may have to get some graphics together to commission some art.... what am I saying "may"... more like definitely

I liked the pumpkin head and rip the ripper but went pumpkin head.

Mine was between Hollows Eve, Carrie, Pumkinhead, and Rip the Ripper. Then again I didn't know rip was a logo, had I known that beforehand I wouldn't have even put it in my top 4. Narrowed it to Pumkinhead or Carrie, had to go with Carrie. Loved the idea and execution. Had to go with Carrie.

Wow, there are some really incredible dyes in there! Tough to pick a winner for me, some that really excelled at hitting the theme, some that are clearly really tough work to dye and make that clean and sharp, and some that use some interesting techniques and look really cool.

Yeah, it was a definite stumper to pick just one. :)

I went with the one I thought best fit the theme and was most eye-popping coolio.

i really like a few of those!
you guys do amazing work.

i'm still very undecided, but i LOVE the vampire teeth
what a clever dye!

thanks everyone

Latest posts