• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] old z discraft plastic love

The only old Z plastic disc I love and miss is the Z Storm. It was such an awesome tweener driver. Other than that I believe the new Z plastic is just as good, definately doesn't merit any insane price inflation.

well the biggest problem with the new plastic is that is made discs like the wasp and predator not as stable/overstable as the older plastic.

the new z plastic is good, but i just like that older plastic a little better. and there really isnt much of a price inflation with it. and mattalica, i like the stamps with the old discraft logo. its a year or two older than the picture you showed, but basically the same

I have a white Z Talon that I've been working on dyeing. It feels great, but I won't throw it.

In my bag are opaque z talons and ron russel comets.
I have others but theyre not in the bag. Id like some wasps and preds but ive found stock runs that are just as overstable.

Here is one of my older z-wasps. I have 3 that are older than this one. 2 of them are first runs and the other has the same discraft stamp as the first runs but doesn't have the ghost z

345ietk.jpg

i have old z barstamp buzzz but my favorite are the old elite-x stamp z-comets.. only have a couple but they are $$ .. never had a chance to fondle a rr comet tho :(

Here are a couple more of my old z-plastic discs

Older non-first run z-pred
f1bczn.jpg

Older non-first run z-wasp
9h6ou8.jpg

First run z-wasp with a CE Plankeye dye job - ghost stamp z
1zv93le.jpg

I had a reaper with old stamp like the wasp plankeye just put a pic of and it was without a doubt my favorite disc ever i know collect them i have 3 different first run stamps and 3 non first runs but they arent as old and just arent as overstable or as gummy imo but yes i completely agree old z is pure sweetness

ps if anyone has found a greenish old reaper on a course let me know one day the disc just wasnt in my bag???

pps will buy any oldreapers if you got them

I have some older Discraft stuff that's really nice plastic. Opaque, gummy Z that feels like CE. I also have some old Discraft stuff that's hard as a rock, translucent and not very grippy. The one commonality I've found is that the best old Discraft plastic is usually lighter, like in the 165-171g range. Actually, I recently picked up a couple CFR Preds from a 2010 tournament that are marked 165g that feel almost identical to some CE plastic I have.

I actually really like the current plastic that Discraft is putting out. The newest runs of Buzzzes and Preds have a lot of pearliness to them. And while there's certainly some differences from run to run, the plastic seems to be good with every run. Whereas some other companies (which shall not be named) seem to be consistently putting out worse plastic with every run.

if i ever got my hands on another purple 167g crush in the old z i would carry a bastard child in my stink box for 9 months in exchange

I've got these guys...haven't thrown them though...
I guess orange one is older?
If I could find an old one in pink....
IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

i need to post a pic...have a tye dye pearly buzzz....non bar stamp..older plastic

great disc, best buzz ive had

Latest posts