• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Only one

I'm surprised none of the OG MVP fans have mentioned the Ion. Not my pick, though.

If you want to try out MVP for a little less money, but still see what the brand is all about, check out an Atom. It's a great driving and approach putter that really puts the overmolded design on display. Even at a low power level, it is extremely versatile.

After that, I'd echo the suggestion of a lighter Switch. Or, if you want to buck the idea of being able to throw a certain distance before moving to distance drivers, a 150-class Insanity should yield you some extra distance without sacrificing control. Many on here - myself included - would say it's MVP/Axiom's best driver to date.

Good luck!

I would go with a light weight Crave. Instead of getting something Leopard like (Switch) it will compliment your Leopard as a more stable option for your bag.

And I know you specified no putters, but if you think of the Envy as a mid, it is a great disc for driving and approaches.

Alias would be my next choice if you can't get past the "putter" label of the Envy. The Alias is a do it all workhorse mid.

Neutron Servo. My go to fairway driver/utility disc. Mine is 160 and still has plenty of stability.

He said non putter otherwise I would have mentioned the Ion.

Volt or Crave

a lot of wrong answers in this thread :p

I would suggest a putter in N plastic. Envy probably.

I'm surprised none of the OG MVP fans have mentioned the Ion. Not my pick, though.

My first thought was Ion. I bagged one for a few years as my go-to mid. Not a great putter for me, but, it was AMAZING as a mid with that massive glide! I could push an Ion out around 260'-280' when I was driving 325'-350' MAX with my Nukes. I loved my Ion for incredibly responsive midrange shots. However, as MVP technically labels the Ion as a Putter, not a Mid, I could not give that advice in this thread...

Keep up the NoodleArm. Love the site.

Cheers.

As a lower power player myself still trying to work out form I say stay away from any MVP / Axiom drivers and instead go with a understable midrange like the Tangent OR Theory. The Axis or Alias is also a good straight/stable option. I can get my DX Leopard 300' and can darn near get my Tangent that far (280'). I have Switch and I can't seem to get it to turn at all so it flys overstable for my noodle arm and poor form.

The whole problem, of course, is that you can't just get one. :p

F Volt, light Switch, N Axis, N or Plasma Ion...killer MVP starter bag. But you could also just as easily have the Crave, light Inspire, Alias and Proxy and also be good to go with an Axiom set. So many good discs to choose from.

Crave or a Neutron Volt.

Although I have to say my favorite Volt is also a first run 167. I haven't played enough with my Fission Volt yet but what I have it's very good as well.

Also, you should know that the more you beat in an MVP disc the better it gets. Not really more understable, just easier to throw. I can't really describe it

I don't even have to think about it. Plasma Volt. It's a little less stable than the other Volts and it's super versatile. Glides, goes straight, holds angles. Sweet feeling and looking plastic as well - has it all :)

Yikes, I missed that too... :doh:

Is there a Circuit near you? The Relay, Tangent, and Atom make a really nice MVP starter set.

I wasn't in a reading mood today but the envy is almost a mid

plasma volt

sheesh.. MVP die hards come out of the woodwork don't they...

So I was also thinking of adding an MVP while I was at Lemon Lake's pro shop...
I was looking for a speed 13 or so comparable but couldn't find anything like that... maybe they haven't gone that far yet? Admittedly, I don't know too much from MVP...

Speed is a relative term anyway. I would suggest the Photon to you, as their entry into the wide rimmed distance territory. It has been a hit among lesser arms, and cannons alike. There is also another disc making "Waves" but it might be a bit touchy for you, depending on your form, or arm.

For the op's arm speed, I like the switch suggestion. Personally though, to me, the neutron inspire is the closest thing to date to an over mold leopard I have thrown. I have a 167 and would definitely feel comfortable putting this in a lower powered players hands and seeing decent distance from it.