• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Orc love?

I used to love Orcs, but the last couple years they have all been domey with tons of flash. They fly so beefy I just hated them. It's to bad they don't make them anything like they used to, because it was a favorite mold of mine for years..

163g beauties :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400344385289.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400344385289.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 101
My first orc, champ w/beatles dye, was returned almost two years after I first lost it. Its still got a slow turnover with very little fade at 380' on a low line... back in the bag and thanks to Callie for fishing it out of a pond on another course:):thmbup::cool:

Shame on the dude that didn't call my number:thmbdown:

The Orc was the first disc I owned - a present from a friend. I still like this disc and it's flight a lot. But I still don't like any of the Innova plastic. And that's why it is not in my bag anymore.

The Orc was the first disc I owned - a present from a friend. I still like this disc and it's flight a lot. But I still don't like any of the Innova plastic. And that's why it is not in my bag anymore.

Have you tried a G-Star Orc yet? I'm throwing 3 of them and they all flew pretty consistent between the 3. The PLH was just a tad different on one of them,but they all threw nicely on the course.

Been trying to break them in. I really like this G-Star Plastic.

I've had a 156 PFN Champ Orc in the bag for a while now, as a water disc (instead of throwing a precious 150 Champ Leopard).

Last weekend I threw one of the best shots I've had in my DG career. 330', flat ground, over water onto a peninsula green. Holy ORC!!!

Hey TN Teebird, what weights and have you tried any other plastic for orcs. I use a champion 167 and it flies pretty nice but I was considering a gstar. What I love about mine is that I can throw in a headwind and it will stay stable and also will fade nicely at the end. Does the gstar fly similar to a champ?

lost a pro orc about a month ago and haven't replaced it yet hoping someone would call, no such luck yet, so I'll probably shell out for a star orc next. I forgot how much I used it, then they switched baskets back to position 1 and I just kept reaching for a disc that isn't there. Orc Love

I was thinking about pulling my Orc so I could fit another Stingray in my bag. I just don't reach for it much on my two most played courses. They're either short or heavily wooded.

But the other day I played a different course, and I had tons of great shots with it. I think I had my longest drive ever with it on one hole, and went past a basket I've never reached before on another.

Guess I'll have to bust out the Ranger instead of the Crunch Box :p And hunt down a non-DX with the same PLH. Darn frisbees, making me want to buy more.

I just discovered the Orc. I mean, I've heard of them and seen them and kind of know what they're about. I even have one that I found a while back, but I've never really thrown them.

But wow! I finally broke down and decided to give them a go while experimenting with distance drivers with a smaller rim, and I'm completely sold. I've been lugging around a couple of Destroyers for a while, but I really don't have the arm for them. The Wraith is a little better, but I think the Orc is just about perfect.

After posting on here about wanting a long, straight driver that could beat in to having some turn I was mainly directed to 3 discs. The Pro Wraith(winner), P/G PD, and the Star Orc.

I couldn't find a PD, but I have really liked the Pro Wraith, but darn if the Orc isn't just a delightful disc too.

Mine is a pink 175 Star and though I can't throw it as far as my Wraith, it's still very reliable and very nice in a headwind with my moderate BH speed. I've even thrown some nice little FH hyzerflips with it when I was playing in OR a couple of weeks ago with a limited bag.

Very good driver.

My star Orc has become my go-to driver since last fall. My favorite forehand driver too. It's not the furthest disc I throw, but it's the most predictable. There's still a few of the "X" outs at the PIAS where I bought it from, so I'm going to get another while they're still there.

Maybe a tough question but if a Trespass is going 375-ish on a slight s curve how would a lighter star Orc compare? I know the Orc is a little slower but it should also be a little easier to get up to speed

If you can get a tresspass to S , an Orc should do the same thing except have a larger s curve. I have two max weight Orcs (G star and Star) and they'll do just that when compared to my Tresspass.

My buddy's lighter G* Orc operates a tad more understable, but not by much.

I have been using orcs and valks as my main long drivers for the last few months. I have been averaging about 350-375 with orcs on straight open shots. I took my terns and destroyers back out to practice with today, and I was finally hitting 400 with the terns at least half the time. After some warming up and getting the feel, I was able to get a 168 pearly orc to just over 400 after two tries. I never got over 370 again with an orc after that, but I felt more confident hitting that than trying to get the tern to 400.

Got a PFN Orc and a natural Beauty in my FSOT thread. Check em out!

I alternate between the Orc and PD now, even though they're pretty similar in theory. I find the PD to be more controllable, but I can throw the Orc farther.

I alternate between the Orc and PD now, even though they're pretty similar in theory. I find the PD to be more controllable, but I can throw the Orc farther.

^My thoughts exactly. They are very similar molds but the Orc has a slightly wider rim. I get an extra 20-30 feet out of it. I have had good luck purchasing Orcs in DX plastic and getting a tight S curve out of the box. Does anyone bag Pro Orcs?

I used a Pro Orc for awhile before switching to Champion, for durability reasons. Pro Orcs are sweet fliers, slightly less stable and great glide.

Latest posts