• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Orc love?

i use ProLine Orcs for mainly tail wind drives. They have great glide compared to my Star Orcs. Sometimes I'll use them for a shot with turn but the conditions have to be right. Any headwind and I wouldn't even think about grabbing a proline.

All my older orcs are starting to get squirrely in headwinds. I was using a PD for more wind, but have now found the star thunderbird fits me better. Fights wind like the PD but fades like an orc, and I can also flick it for firebird type shots way better than the PD. I have also tried out a starfire and an fl, but they have a lot less glide than the thunderbird.

Soooo.... I am still a noodle arm but these days I am more al dente than fully cooked noodle. I want to bag a distance driver next season and I have decided on the Orc. All the Orc's I have are fairly worn in and I have a nice cycle. But...I don't have the OS distance Orc. I was just wondering. In current production do Star or Champion Orcs generally mold up more OS? Thank you guys.

Champ is much more OS.

I have a Star and I link it but I usually don't bag it. If I am putting together a small travel bag and don't want to carry both a very OS driver and an stable driver I'll take the Orc since it's a little OS but not so much that I can't pump it out pretty far.

Very comfortable grip to me but it's easier to throw Juns farther for me and they are very similar.

I throw lots of Orcs. What I have found (current runs) is;
New off the shelf "Most to least stable"
Champion
G*
Star
Pro

Never thrown a DX

I like the way Star's break in the best. G* is still new, so I don't know yet how it will break in.

For the last two years I've bagged the same domey champ for moderately overstable distance. In last weekends tourney, I parked a 330' into a 15mph headwind on a flat hyzer that turned less than 5 feet before fading. When it was newer it wouldn't have turned and the fade would be looking for the ground quickly. I hate its dome for sidearms but backhand it'll be 5-10% longer than my eagles. For reference, I max orcs around 380' on golf lines.

I recently got a really beefy PFN Star Orc that is really stiff and pretty flat. It flies almost like a Firebird and is a true wind fighter. I'm thinking it should break in very nicely and it pairs well with my less stable Teebird-esque Star Orc. I've been playing around with Orcs and Destroyers for a bit as I lost my beloved Star Wraith a couple of months ago. Not sure on which mold I will settle..

I recently got a really beefy PFN Star Orc that is really stiff and pretty flat. It flies almost like a Firebird and is a true wind fighter. I'm thinking it should break in very nicely and it pairs well with my less stable Teebird-esque Star Orc. I've been playing around with Orcs and Destroyers for a bit as I lost my beloved Star Wraith a couple of months ago. Not sure on which mold I will settle..

I have some PFN Orcs and they had some turn to them out of the box. They are stiiff and flat also. I was very disappointed, but someone told me the PFN Star Orcs were a little flippy. I have a couple more I need to go out and try.

I have some PFN Orcs and they had some turn to them out of the box. They are stiiff and flat also. I was very disappointed, but someone told me the PFN Star Orcs were a little flippy. I have a couple more I need to go out and try.

I found a really nice PFN Star ORC the other day with no ink. I've thrown it and it's stable out to 365 to 375. If anyone wants to trade for it let me know. I'm gunning for a Evo Magic, Saint, Bard, Warship, Vision or GStar Katana.

The other Star Orc I have is PFN as well and it is pretty much straight to fade for me at around 350' give or take. At my local shop there were some domey PFN Star Orcs that looked like they would be pretty flippy so I guess they're a bit all over the board.

I love the older orcs. I have one that has been in my bag for about 10 years. It is starting to get a little straight/flippy.

Have a PFN champ little domey thinking bout putting it in bag but not sure what I want to do with it

No love for the Orc anymore?

I just put two Champion Orcs back in my bag. One is new with some dome & the other is a flat beat up PFN Orc. They're my max distance sidearm discs. I was trying to use Destroyers for max distance but I don't get them up to speed forehand. I'm keeping my Destroyers for strictly backhand. I'm loving my new Orc for sidearm anny flex shots & big sweeping hyzers. Recently I've been working on my forehand hyzer flip shots. My beat up PFN Orc is working great for that. Surprisingly, I like my Orcs backhand as well. I like using them on shots I'd normally power down a Destroyer on. Though I doubt I'll use them anywhere near as much backhand as I will sidearm.

No love for the Orc anymore?.

Plenty of love, I'm sure, but like the Cro and Shark, the adherents are quietly sitting on the sidelines.

I'd like to hear more about the Star Orc. Threw someone else's months ago, and was thinking of trying it again. Any (constructive) commentary would be appreciated.

Plenty of love here. I carry three in various stages of stability. Orcs have been responsible for two of my 7 aces.

Traded a dx Orc I found at Sunset Park (no markings, day after a tournament) for this one. Loved the DX, this one never found a place in my bag.

Attachments

• IMAG6999.jpg
    IMAG6999.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 33
I am still rocking the orc as my main distance driver. The stars are varied. I have two or three early stars that fly almost the same as my pearlies but have a bit more dome. The new ones are domey and beefy comparatively. Same with newer champ orcs, too much dome and too much beef. Luckily I have 30 or so pearlies to back my bag up. Those get put away in the cold months because they shatter, and this year I was happy with a couple of g star orcs for the cold months. Both started with sharp flashing and were pretty OS, but the one I threw the most has mellowed out. They don't fight the wind as well as a pearly though. I had to put a destroyer and a star thunderbird in the bag for wind, and I finally feel like I can handle those molds on the course, but I will always have an orc for long, straight drives where a tight line is key.

Latest posts