• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Orc love?

Champ, DX available in the factory store website under "full production" and Pro, G* available as "limited". They may do a star run someday but they seem to have other priorities right now.

I seen those..really want star though. Bout to start searching all the buy/sell/trade pages I can find.

A bunch of Star and champ Orcs are available at disc golf center. Lots of weights available, most look on the domey side. Maybe this means innova is prepping to run halo Orcs?

A bunch of Star and champ Orcs are available at disc golf center. Lots of weights available, most look on the domey side. Maybe this means innova is prepping to run halo Orcs?

yGNNAF9.jpeg

it looks like they've already run some halo orcs for a tournament: https://www.facebook.com/TopShelfDiscSupply/photos/a.323871591563042/1096550220961838/

Question for Orc lovers. I've been looking for a faster Eagle type disc. Something with a hint of turn, strong fade, and not too much glide. Ideally in the 8/9 speed range.

I saw a run of star Orcs for the first time ever at a local shop and I was intrigued, but decided to try the DGA Bonzai in that slot. The Bonzai is an excellent disc but more in the teebird family rather than eagle, imo. Do you think an Orc would fit here? 10 speed was a bit more than I was thinking, but the numbers fit the bill otherwise.

Maybe not faster than eagle, but maybe a shade longer is the dynamic discs evader.

Same kind of just shy of OS flight.

Question for Orc lovers. I've been looking for a faster Eagle type disc. Something with a hint of turn, strong fade, and not too much glide. Ideally in the 8/9 speed range.

I saw a run of star Orcs for the first time ever at a local shop and I was intrigued, but decided to try the DGA Bonzai in that slot. The Bonzai is an excellent disc but more in the teebird family rather than eagle, imo. Do you think an Orc would fit here? 10 speed was a bit more than I was thinking, but the numbers fit the bill otherwise.

Phantom sword / PD

Thanks for the recommendations. Do you think an Orc could also fit here or is it closer to the Wraith family?

Orc love? There's a whole book series about that, Finley Fenn on kindle.

(I'm sorry, there's something wrong with me)

Try out some OS version of the Millennium Orion LF

I forgot about the Orc which it seems is still being made.

In my quest for a moderately OS speed 9 or 10, I tried vultures and found them too beefy while the Insanity was too vegan. I have a musket on the way now, but hadn't even considered the good ol orc. I used to have one 10 years ago, but for some reason, figured the sands of time had buried this mold. Nope, the ol troll is still battle-ready!

Is it worth cycling some DX Orcs or do they just get too flippy too quickly? I like throwing DX Eagles from time to time and it sounds like Orc could be a fun mold to play around with in different plastics

Last edited:
I mean, you can cycle anything... but the 1-2 DX Orcs I've ever found on the course we're already pretty darn flippy. The orc mold depends on a pretty sharp rim, as well as a pretty sharp bottom rim point. I don't think those would season smoothly.

If you want some cheap DX cycling, I'd probably recommend some Thunderbirds. They're a blunter shape and can handle the abuse longer (while still going far...)

Is it worth cycling some DX Orcs or do they just get too flippy too quickly? I like throwing DX Eagles from time to time and it sounds like Orc could be a fun mold to play around with in different plastics

I agree with isamoor but...
A couple years ago there were a bunch of dx Orcs that were really stiff, so they might cycle well.

I forgot about the Orc which it seems is still being made.

In my quest for a moderately OS speed 9 or 10, I tried vultures and found them too beefy while the Insanity was too vegan. I have a musket on the way now, but hadn't even considered the good ol orc. I used to have one 10 years ago, but for some reason, figured the sands of time had buried this mold. Nope, the ol troll is still battle-ready!

You might want to give the Anax a look. Fairly similar to an Orc in flight, but more glide. Musket (as you mentioned) is also a good option.

Thanks! The Anax is definitely on my watch list

Today I went ahead and grabbed a fairly flat 175 gram star orc and it met my expectations. I can smash it at get the straight with fade or non-flattening hyzers I was looking for. Orc is a good power disc for a noodle arm!

Last edited:
I mean, you can cycle anything... but the 1-2 DX Orcs I've ever found on the course we're already pretty darn flippy. The orc mold depends on a pretty sharp rim, as well as a pretty sharp bottom rim point. I don't think those would season smoothly.

If you want some cheap DX cycling, I'd probably recommend some Thunderbirds. They're a blunter shape and can handle the abuse longer (while still going far...)

I picked up a few DX Thunderbirds a few years ago with the intention of cycling them. Problem is that run of DX was really durable and they don't get thrown all that often, so I never got one beat to straight (much less flippy). I probably need to play a few one disc rounds to accelerate things.

Hey guys, after reading this thread I have found there are people way more into Orcs than I am. I've got a pre #s Orc which I would say it's 7/10 with some ink on the back as you can see. Thought I would like it, but it's not for me. If any of you guys are interested, PM me, I'm sure we can work something out to get this into someone's hands who will enjoy it!

End of thread jack.

11 years later, if this offer still stands and you're not dead, I will happily take that PFN Orc.

Dude needs a PFN Orc.

I recently picked up a Halo Orc

I expected beefier than it was (having not previously thrown Orcs) and given my experience with other Halo discs.

It was quite HSS and LSS but really workable, didn't drift on an anhyzer too much, solid fade.

I tried it at the same time as a DX Eagle. The DX Eagle blew me away.

Soooooo, I also ordered some DX Orcs...I'll get some throws in with those tomorrow and will report back on those.

The DX Orcs don't look the same as the Star (unsurprisingly). The wing doesn't seem as wide or aggressive, the PLH is lower and the discs are flatter. I expect / hope they will be somewhat flippy.

If they give me the flight the DX Eagles are giving but over a longer distance I'll be very happy.

Latest posts